フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » EU players on Fenrir
EU players on Fenrir
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Sigfreid
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Sigfreid
By Fenrir.Sigfreid 2013-06-26 18:19:36  
Are you a EU timed player and bored of sitting around doing nothing all day, everyday?

Well guess what, you are not the only one, I am looking for active EU players to band together and form a LS (if there is still enough of us around on the server), aim of which would be to progress through current group events and hopefully work towards Naakuals.

I understand that the former is a ambitious goal which may require patience and building people up for this, but without resorting to server hopping, there doesn't seem to be many options left for the EU population on Fenrir.

I hate leading and I would very much let someone else do this, but I'll do what needs to be done, else nothing will happen.

EU timed players, please leave your thoughts and opinions on this below.
[+]
By Khujo 2013-06-26 18:52:20  
I wish you luck with this. I am on Fenrir myself, and I have sort of noticed a growing feeling of isolation. Granted, it is mostly my fault as I sort of gave up on making friends since I moved there. Everyone seems rather content with who they already know.
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-26 19:15:02  
To solve your problem, jump to XIV. We are in bunches not like outcasts hiding away on XI
[+]
By Khujo 2013-06-26 19:23:47  
I am not sure who that was targeted at, but I actually am on XIV ^^ Legacy or whatever they call it. I really am enjoying it, and finding an awful lot of people actually conversing which is a weird experience!

I just have not figured out a server to call home. I just..I dunno. Hard to explain. FFXI was my first MMO and I was fairly young when I started it. Finding it hard to let it go for some reason.
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-26 19:24:57  
XI is dry now with the recycled content V2 ***. XIV is really nice and fresh, me and a couple friends 'may' be going to Cerberus or Moogle.

If we choose a NA server it'll be Behemoth.
By Khujo 2013-06-26 19:28:36  
I don't want to bash on XI, since people do still enjoy it. But I agree that XIV is turning out fantastic.

I was debating on Hyperion or..Diabolos? I think? Nothing really set in stone, of course.
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-26 19:29:37  
I'm on Diabolos for the beta.. But ofc it's a beta and can't really determine how good the server is.

You going witha group or more of a solo choice?
By Khujo 2013-06-26 19:31:54  
I am wondering if I should just PM you. I feel kinda bad derailing this poor guys topic. Apologies to the OP :(

It is me and a friend. We are looking for a group, but at the moment we are just a duo until we find people who know where they are going and where they are staying, if that makes any sense.
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-26 19:34:08  
PM me, sorry for derailing.
 Fenrir.Mrbst
user: mrbst
By Fenrir.Mrbst 2013-06-27 08:10:28  
Hi Sigfreid

I know you were chatting with Elsi about this last night. We are both members of the Hustlers linkshell, which must be one of the oldest UK/EU shells around on the server be our 6th birthday soon. In our prime we were a big linkshell limbus was our focus did everything else too, running events 5 days a week for a time though we got sick of this rapidly.

These days we have 6 players who log on most days for a couple hours in the evening with a further 4 or 5 that play from time to time. We have all been building up Bayld in order to get into Wildskeepers with a view to starting plasm farming. Thanks to Kainanthony and everyone who joined 3 of us got though this last weekend in a true epic. First shout was members was 6pm fight started about 11 finished at 6:15am.

So with this passed we will most likely start running these soon at weekends. We had been planing just to shout for people but as you have raised this here would be good to see who else is UK/EU based as if there are the numbers runs in the week could happen without leading to silly late nights most us are old so cup of coco bed by 11 or takes us days to recover.

I will chat with the others in the shell see what they think, hopefully do a mass recruitment much as committing to run events is a headache we do all miss those days.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-06-27 08:13:09  
Fenrir.Mrbst said: »
Hi Sigfreid

I know you were chatting with Elsi about this last night. We are both members of the Hustlers linkshell, which must be one of the oldest UK/EU shells around on the server be our 6th birthday soon. In our prime we were a big linkshell limbus was our focus did everything else too, running events 5 days a week for a time though we got sick of this rapidly.

These days we have 6 players who log on most days for a couple hours in the evening with a further 4 or 5 that play from time to time. We have all been building up Bayld in order to get into Wildskeepers with a view to starting plasm farming. Thanks to Kainanthony and everyone who joined 3 of us got though this last weekend in a true epic. First shout was members was 6pm fight started about 11 finished at 6:15am.

So with this passed we will most likely start running these soon at weekends. We had been planing just to shout for people but as you have raised this here would be good to see who else is UK/EU based as if there are the numbers runs in the week could happen without leading to silly late nights most us are old so cup of coco bed by 11 or takes us days to recover.

I will chat with the others in the shell see what they think, hopefully do a mass recruitment much as committing to run events is a headache we do all miss those days.
I find this post very cute
[+]
By Gundula 2013-06-27 08:25:36  
It is indeed not easy to find enough EU players on fenrir @ EU prime-time to do any "major" event (=any event needing more than 1-6 players).

So, i´d be very much interested in joining, too! Also, i wouldn´t mind taking on some of the responsibilities needed to make a bigger LS running smooth. If that is even needed in today´s enviroment, that is.

About me, been playing since 2005. I was running for years with dyna LS called wabbits, and the one before that. I can´t believe i forgot that name though :). I´ve also been a member of Valkyrie, but that´s even longer ago......
 Fenrir.Mrbst
user: mrbst
By Fenrir.Mrbst 2013-06-27 11:14:01  
Gundula said: »
and the one before that. I can´t believe i forgot that name though :). I´ve also been a member of Valkyrie, but that´s even longer ago......

TINALS
This is not a linkshell

Never in it but knew loads of them
 Bahamut.Kujah
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kujah 2013-06-27 11:31:02  
You should all just transfer to bahamut and join reallymeantarus, I know the leader ill put in a good word. Automatically pearled if you're Scottish!
We have around 25 active members with more than half from the uk. We do delve mostly including bosses!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sigfreid
By Fenrir.Sigfreid 2013-06-28 03:29:48  
After Javaa sold his account, I took over Wabbits and was going to rename it TaruSacrifice, but Lechuck protested against the name, it became Sacrificial, that lasted til abyssea.
Which means it went TINAS>Wabbits>Sacrificial.
I was part of Draconia when I started to search for a Dynamis LS, oddly they never recommend Hustlers.
 Fenrir.Deno
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2013-06-28 03:51:01  
If you start a shell you can throw me a pearl! Just be warned that i'm incredibly lazy and afk alot
 Fenrir.Sigfreid
By Fenrir.Sigfreid 2013-06-28 03:56:40  
Fenrir.Deno said: »
If you start a shell you can throw me a pearl! Just be warned that i'm incredibly lazy and afk alot
I think that goes for alot of us atm..
 Fenrir.Fulgore
user: Deadendnl
By Fenrir.Fulgore 2013-06-28 05:15:51  
Bahamut.Kujah said: »
You should all just transfer to bahamut and join reallymeantarus, I know the leader ill put in a good word. Automatically pearled if you're Scottish!
We have around 25 active members with more than half from the uk. We do delve mostly including bosses!

you are the ldr little one ;D

Roxa still with u guys?

And Darkfade took one off his breaks again ? lol

Edited: Nvm i see Faites is back ingame xD
 Fenrir.Fulgore
By Fenrir.Fulgore 2013-06-28 05:17:15  
Sry for the derail... EU is dead here , last night at gmt prime 941 ppl on ....
 Fenrir.Fulgore
By Fenrir.Fulgore 2013-06-28 05:18:51  
And ***just gonna get worse when 14 goes online

For example take my ls all EU ppl ... can you get em all online at the same time to do EG stuff? Nope..

In all honesty RMT is your best bet iff you still feel strongly about 11 and are EU.
 Asura.Sneaker
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Sneaker 2013-06-28 05:45:30  
Same problem on asura.moving to bahamut and looking forward to have a good time there!
 Fenrir.Sigfreid
By Fenrir.Sigfreid 2013-06-28 06:54:04  
I'll try to talk (in game) to everyone that's interested tonight and find out what everyone wants out of it
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-06-28 06:58:53  
Fenrir.Fulgore said: »

Roxa still with u guys?

***, Roxa is there?

You just ruined my motivation for ever joining this LS if so :(
[+]
By Jeubond 2013-06-28 07:02:19  
Fenrir.Deno said: »

Gotta love us brits & our sarcasm . . .
Grab this gent fast he's a true 'Berserker', wind him up, point him in the right direction & watch as he demolishes anything in front of him with damage output that will make you green with envy ! lol
Good luck !
Jon
 Fenrir.Fulgore
By Fenrir.Fulgore 2013-06-28 08:54:26  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Roxa still with u guys?

***, Roxa is there?

Lol and Hello Yuffy thats been a few years since i spoke with you, didnt you post a picture of your account on non active a few days ago? =p
 Fenrir.Fulgore
By Fenrir.Fulgore 2013-06-28 08:58:07  
Roxa tonnberry zerenity darkshade light/redshade to name a few DieNamis/Unicorn members run/ran with RMT, yes.
 Bahamut.Kujah
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kujah 2013-06-28 09:08:00  
Roxa == Roxa
Zerenity == Noelani
Darkshade == Faites

not sure who TOnnberry was o,o
 Fenrir.Fulgore
By Fenrir.Fulgore 2013-06-28 09:29:02  
Ohh didnt tonn join rmt? maybe not i just assummed since it is roxa bff ingame that he also joined up.

My bad iff he didnt :<
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-06-28 09:41:21  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Roxa still with u guys?

***, Roxa is there?

Lol and Hello Yuffy thats been a few years since i spoke with you, didnt you post a picture of your account on non active a few days ago? =p
Joining RMT would be a reason to reactivate it, actually.

Roxa == Roxa
Zerenity == Noelani
Darkshade == Faites

not sure who TOnnberry was o,o
Oh well :<

I believe Tonnberry changed his name, I remember talking to him maybe 1 or 2 years ago and he mentioned not playing with Roxa anymore.
First Page 2