More Computer Problems, Woo...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » More computer problems, woo...
More computer problems, woo...
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 08:02:16  
Weeeell, a few days ago, I had asked for help with Ubuntu, getting FFXI to run. That's old news. Lol. I borrowed a friend's XP disc and am running that again. Of course (If you know me, then you would have expected this already) there's a FFXI issue.

Everything runs fine in POL, I have everything downloaded, installed, updated, etc. When I go to open FFXI, though, I get this nice little error message when it sends me back to POL.

This seems to be a sort of common issue. I've looked around already for similar cases. Problem is, the solutions given didn't work for them, and aren't working for me. I tried running DxDiag.exe, I've downloaded ATI Catalyst Control Center (Yes, I have an ATI graphics card, bleh.), and nothing's working.

Currently running XP, I know my computer can handle FFXI because I've played for almost 4 years on it. The only thing that's changed is my switch from Vista, to Ubuntu, to XP (And I've had FFXI working on XP in the past too).

So, anyone had a similar problem? I know it can be fixed, I ran into the same thing a while back and got it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's been almost a month since I've been able to log into FFXI (because of various Xbox/PC problems that seemed to be compounded all at once). Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Celene
サーバ: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-07-08 08:10:35  
I have seen that before. Usually after updates, and I've booted up through Windower, and POL gets confused. Comes from hijacking registry settings. But, I doubt that is your case.
Good luck in solving it, though.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-08 08:13:13  
I'm not sure if this can help, but I know this link was for directx with wine: http://wine-reviews.net/microsoft/directx-90c-march-2008-redistributable-on-linux-with-wine.html

or: http://www.smokinglinux.com/gaming/play-your-windows-games-with-wine-and-directx

or: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=345037

I just did a google search of directx ubuntu so these things came up, sorry if they don't help in some info though :( I'm not a linux person.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 08:15:10  
Enternius said:
Currently running XP

Not Ubuntu. D: But thanks anyway, Aly~
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-08 08:16:15  
Oh, well I read some that you run the game on wine or something like that, my bad XD
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-07-08 08:18:26  
I had it happen on my old laptop (Nvdia 7900GT series card). It happened after the big level sync update. Nothing I could do would get it to work after that. I was able to run it in windowed mode with a third party program called "windower lite" I think? But was a huge hassle. Try changing your settings under the FFXI config.exe thing. Most important one is mipmap, bump mapping, and texture compressions. Let me know if you have any luck.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-08 08:27:44  
Working on reinstalling FFXI right now. If it doesn't work, I'll try that. Thanks.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-07-08 15:16:54  
Update your DirectX and get the latest drivers for your hardware from the manufacturer's website.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-08 15:39:42  
YOUR LINK IS HACKED!!!
 Fairy.Tibz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tibz
By Fairy.Tibz 2009-07-08 15:45:36  
I ran into that EXACT same error a while back, it drove me nuts as I tried to pinpoint what was causing the error.

What fixed it? I had my son's USB Digtal Art Studio device plugged in the entire time I was trouble shooting it. I unplugged the damn thing and FFXI started working again lol.

Remove any uneccessary devices (leaving only the mouse, keyboard, monitor, speakers, network cable, and power cable plugged in)... and see if that helps.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [4045 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Aquatiq 2020-08-04 16:25:04  
I'd think about converting the contents of the USB to a virtual disk while plugged into the old PC, and then after confirming you can still access everything in the newly created .vhdx file, saving the .vhdx over the contents of the USB drive (or saving it to a different USB drive), and then trying to open it up on the new PC. That's sort of a "troubleshoot blindly without diagnosing" approach, but the idea is that maybe this would not only copy the files to the virtual disk but rebuild a fresh file system just for the virtual disk. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/disk2vhd (contrary to the article which is from 2014, you don't need a hypervisor or virtual machine set up to use the .vhdx, you can simply open it via Disk Management, or by double-clicking it if you're on Windows 10).

But I'm sure some whiz out there knows a command line to fix your issue or something.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.