users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Frog Fishing
Frog Fishing
 Ifrit.Ravahan
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2008-06-10 12:58:40  
Hello fellow fishermen! Does anyone out there have the guildpoint item Frog Fishing? I had been saving up for it and was about there, but decided to liquidate my GP into robber rigs when I (mis)read the crafting update and thought it was something to actually enhance HQ crafting... Yeah, so at this point I feel like a total idiot, and I'm considering getting the GP back up for Frog Fishing.

My question is this; I haven't been able to find much of anything out there on how effective the key item is... Ignoring the general uselessness of amphibious fish, is Frog Fishing worth getting? Does it actually signifigantly improve the odds of catching amphibions?
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-06-15 01:31:17  
dont feel bad, the first translation was mistranslated to make it seem like HQ+ item. it was fixed shortly thereafter. it helps, BUT i would save the GP for serpent rumors for the esbui rod. thats just what i would do though. im not into fishing up frogs that much since cooking them doesn't sell well.
 Ifrit.Ravahan
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2008-06-17 11:16:24  
Ah, alright then. That explains things because I read it right off the first day it was up. Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to start in on my fishing GP again soon, but I'm not too worried about Serpent Rumors for now, I'm too lazy to get my Lu. So for now I'll focus on the key item, then maybe I'll move in and get my waders. Be a while yet before I have high enough skill for the tunica (at 46 atm).