Frog Fishing Makes U Fish Up Devilmantas Whhatt? Lol

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » frog fishing makes u fish up devilmantas whhatt? lol
frog fishing makes u fish up devilmantas whhatt? lol
 Carbuncle.Kyri
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-11 17:13:41  
ok so i have a friend yelling at me that frog fishing "apparently" adds 33% chance at catching monsters like devil mantas. not only but it is for improving amphibians whereas manta is aquan!

he swears up and down and says were all amateurs because he gets his sources from a lv 100 fisher
who knows more about fishing then ANYBODY because hes won 15 fishing contests and has a ebisu.
I wanna hear from some fishers here lol.. please, if you have this GP item please say something, id like to hear such a thing that isnt listed ANYWHERE but in this mans head. if nothing more then to prove my bull headed stubborn friend wrong.

to me its no different then saying if i spank my own *** facing west the manta will appear for me
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-11 17:17:34  
this is the same guy who says tachi koki is like th?
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-11 17:19:04  
his name is kyvana, but prolly lol
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-07-11 17:19:36  
I'd appear if you spanked your *** and faced west ;O Also I doubt it helps using that item.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-11 17:24:07  
it makes no sense at all but please ask your ls ask anyone i wanna hear anyyything about this so i can lol in his face
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-07-11 17:26:51  
I've never ever seen anyone use anything other than fly lure down at Manta and you'd think at least someone else would know about it so I HIGHLY doubt it. I call *** on it.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-11 17:28:50  
heaven forbid we call shenanigans to a lv 100 fisher oh lawdy noo
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-11 17:29:45  
Maybe the lvl 100 fisher said that to him for the lols...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-11 17:30:44  
thats what i think
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-07-11 17:34:25  
umm well if its on a timer spawn thing how woudl it improve when its caught son that timer up?
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-11 17:37:56  
id like to know how something that helps catch frogs is even related to catching monsters or something that isnt even the same type
 Titan.Prefalin
サーバ: Titan
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2009-07-11 17:39:30  
Ludoggy said:
Maybe the lvl 100 fisher said that to him for the lols...

this is the right answer, frog fishing doesn't help lol so shenanigans it is o.o
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-11 17:50:36  
The fisher was probably completely serious because he noticed a change for the better. Know what that's called? Luck. Devil Manta is weird; it has a set pop timer, certain mobs before an open window, and luck based "pulling" of the window. He probably just got more Mantas using Frog Lure because the system was nice to him.

I'm calling complete and utter ***. But if you want to try for the laughs, there isn't much harm in it...assuming it really IS able to catch Manta. xD
 Hades.Denaub
サーバ: Hades
user: Denaub
By Hades.Denaub 2009-07-13 16:34:36  
I suppose it's possible....very fricking unlikely, but hey i know people that plan there gametime around a virtual moon clock and demand things die only by thf kill..... But i've personally fished up mantas before and after i've gotten Frog fishing an noticed no difference.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-13 17:28:13  
Denaub said:
I suppose it's possible....very fricking unlikely, but hey i know people that plan there gametime around a virtual moon clock and demand things die only by thf kill..... But i've personally fished up mantas before and after i've gotten Frog fishing an noticed no difference.

Ive had people tell me finishing a mob with weaponskill gives higher chance of rare drop, and another guy said that it lessens the chance if you use weaponskill during the fight...

... laugh at me if this is common knowledge but it sounds like ***
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-07-13 17:30:02  
<< 100 Fishing with all GP items and Ebisu Rod. Frog fishing is mainly for catching Tricorn. Its pretty much useless otherwise. Plus, the use of live bait, such as a Lufaise Fly, is required for this trait to even be activated. It will in no way effect how u fish up monsters. This is for fish like "Frogs" and last I checked there's no Frog-like monsters you can fish up. All this will do is simply allow you to hold an Amphibian type fish on the line longer. Which would be why you need this for Tricorn.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-07-13 17:39:45  
Which frogs we talkin about? I know I saw some in West Saratubaudkjfsl (S) w/e. But I didn't need to fish those. lol

User submitted image

*ribbit*
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2009-07-13 18:33:33  
Most common way of catching the Manta is Shrimp Lure + Halycon rod, or Composite and Fly Lure. Also no fishing skill is required for catching monsters. If you look up Angel Skin on this site, someone has posted a comment on how to be succesful catching the Manta.
I've followed that mini guide and have caught it several times, only dropped skin once so far though.

Never heard of the frog theory though, if its used to catch amphibians (sp?) as Vintaru said above, then I see no reason why it would have any impact on the Manta as its not an amphibian.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-13 18:37:21  
Minusseven said:
Denaub said:

Ive had people tell me finishing a mob with weaponskill gives higher chance of rare drop, and another guy said that it lessens the chance if you use weaponskill during the fight...

... laugh at me if this is common knowledge but it sounds like ***

I know somebody (3 people actually, assuming nobody was trolling her) who thinks AoE WS and spells nerf drop rates.