Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-10 13:46:24  
Shiva.Tedril said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Remember that everything they are saying is temp baring the rem updates that WILL eventually come out... So in the meantime I recommend using your time to make money and do other useful things until then.

And until they adjust it, there are thousands of people continuing to pay their subscription fee to sit in limbo. Don't count on RME adjustments to be swift or desirable in the near future. I'd hardly abstain from being relevant in the mean time just waiting for REM adjustments.
All rems are currently useless/easily replaceable besides brd/pld 90% of the time. So you would be more gimp making them than spending your time and money getting something better currently. And get it when it's good again.
Edit: though if cheap can always invest in the currency needed and if he wants later turn it in then. And if not sell it.

You can justify it any way you like, but the fact of the matter is that currency prices have never been cheaper and there has never been less competition for empy NM's. (as of about 1.5 months ago when I quit) So, you can easily build the weapons while its cheap and easy banking on the update, but in the mean time, you will be undesirable for current content and when the next wave of high end stuff comes around you'll be playing catch-up. If you don't have the time/resources to do both, you're still better off working for now than the future.

Let's say that updated 99 Masamune has nearly the same base damage as Tsurumaru. They are going to balance it based on the damage of Fudo and Aftermath, so it's unlikely it will have 25 save TP or hundreds of combat skill that would make Tsuru worthless. There will still be plenty of situations where a 5-hit Tsuru build is going to beat a 5-hit Masamune build for accuracy or STP reasons.

It's all speculation anyway, if you had to choose, I'd go for the sure thing. If 99 empyreans are as good as everyone hopes they are, there will be plenty of plates and cinders as well.
You clearly didn't read my edit firstly bc that negates what you said about cheapness. Secondly making an rem won't make you desirable any linkshell doing modern content will tell you to put it into storage and I get a delve weapon or quit until update... But ultimately if you read the op you would know he is already desirable player and wants to add something else to arsenal that he will enjoy as long as it's not useless so in that case he could get it now and be fine lol for cheap like you said. But the actual smart long term plan would be to stock up and wait to see what stats will be.

I'm agreeing with you, bubba.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-10 14:18:47  
REMs will get the combat skill increases.

Fudo is SAMs best GKT WS. When REM changes occur Masa99+ will be quite the beast.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-12 14:17:18  
Anyone care to post some gear sets? Best racc we can get on sam for apex/sidewinder?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-12 14:40:58  
Remember that everything they are saying is temp baring the rem updates that WILL eventually come out... So in the meantime I recommend using your time to make money and do other useful things until then.

God, I remember seeing this EXACT argument in a "should I make a Rag thread" at the beginning of the year. Shows you how fickle the game really can be.

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Currency, at least for my server has hit 2.5-3.5k while forgotten items are still 20-40k each for hope and thought, everything else is 10-15k

If you want a Yoichi, do it while it is still cheap, and just hang onto it, square said the weapons would be situationally useful. With currency so cheap, at least here. If you had a desire to build a weapon just go with it, gil is easy to make back there are more than a handful of stable ways to make fistfuls of gil to make up for your spending.

I'm surprised at how much I agree with this idea.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-12 16:32:42  
ItemSet 310778

Obviously swap ACC in as needed. Wasn't sure on 2nd ring might just use a STR ring.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-13 08:48:08  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
ItemSet 310778

Obviously swap ACC in as needed. Wasn't sure on 2nd ring might just use a STR ring.

Thanks that GK makes me want to get back to my sam roots already have the s.bow so need that shark win.
 Lakshmi.Feint
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-08-19 13:03:46  
Would apex/shoha be good for Tojil when he's at 75-26 percent. My monk is geared but I'd like to try something different. I don't have mura for that first 25 percent but would like to test out different sets for sam on this boss.
 Asura.Izilder
サーバ: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-09-06 09:08:45  
how does sidewinder do on the Bee megaboss ? if you don't have merits for Apex
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-09-06 09:14:01  
Asura.Izilder said: »
how does sidewinder do on the Bee megaboss ? if you don't have merits for Apex

sidewinder damage is normally good, but the inaccuracy of it kind of sucks
By kenshynofshiva 2013-09-06 13:26:58  
Anyone using Apex on the bee or mastop? Curious of what your buffs and damage are like do you need preludes and hunters to make it worthwhile? Started put together a high racc set for Sam shame tho the best arrows sam can use are never made on my server.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-06 13:31:51  
mastop damage is very variable, it's not automatically good vs him it's just another damage type

bee starts around 8k and fades to around 5k by the end, accuracy is 95% with sv preludes hunters sushi and a bit of acc in set(though i dont use geo so you can likely forego one of those)
By kenshynofshiva 2013-09-06 13:33:29  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
mastop damage is very variable, it's not automatically good vs him it's just another damage type

bee starts around 8k and fades to around 5k by the end, accuracy is 95% with sv preludes hunters sushi and a bit of acc in set(though i dont use geo so you can likely forego one of those)

Cool thanks could you share your apex set if you don't mine.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-06 13:37:26  
taint's is fine, i use the same with a few minor changes

thall mantle > terebellum
hajduk ring > blobnag
miki legs > tenryu(haven't looked extensively at the slot, may be something else in between)

the first 2 swaps are only because i don't use a geo, and tenryu legs are clearly better if you have them
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-09-06 15:24:56  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
taint's is fine, i use the same with a few minor changes

thall mantle > terebellum
hajduk ring > blobnag
miki legs > tenryu(haven't looked extensively at the slot, may be something else in between)

the first 2 swaps are only because i don't use a geo, and tenryu legs are clearly better if you have them

Thanks yeah I was looking at adding as much racc/agi as possible myself.

Thanks again.