Range Acc, Does It Cap Out?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Range Acc, Does it cap out?
Range Acc, Does it cap out?
 Shiva.Bobafettt
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: bobafettt
By Shiva.Bobafettt 2009-07-14 01:55:56  
So my cor is currently 73 and i have +114 Range Acc and was wondering if it caps out? Here is my Item set tell me what u think. http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=91769
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-14 02:03:29  
Yes it caps out.
Dont believe me?
go to north gustaburg or somewhere and shoot everything and tell me how long it takes untill you miss.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-14 02:05:51  
I think he means a +Ranged Accuracy cap.

E.g., would +100RAcc be just as good as +114RAcc (meaning there's a +100 RAcc cap)?
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-14 02:12:40  
No racc or acc cap like that.
I think you might want to add a little str/ratk into your build...you have plenty of racc...
 Ifrit.Showmo
サーバ: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2009-07-14 04:25:44  
Bobafettt said:
So my cor is currently 73 and i have +114 Range Acc and was wondering if it caps out? Here is my Item set tell me what u think. http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=91769

It depends on the mob but for colibri camp you would be capped out at 95% ranged accuracy with RNG sub without food
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-14 06:16:42  
As others have said, there is no cap, only a cap on your hit rate (95%)

Assuming no merits and /nin (you are dual welding) that setup would give ~390-395 total ranged accuracy (depending on race).

You need 407 accuracy to reach the cap on Greater colibri, so you should be around 87% hit rate.

With full merits that's another 14 acc, so you should then be capped on birds.

That build should be accurate enough for most things.

NB: If you are meriting on birds you will do better meleeing for TP (joytoy + haste build) and then stepping back to WS.

Shotting for TP is only really done when meleeing is a bad idea (HNMs etc).

And martial gun will out parse a coffinmaker when using slugshot and Corsairs gun (even the NQ) is better for QD damage.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-07-14 07:07:47  
Something nobody has mentioned and has been proven, it all has to do with the mob's evasion.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-14 07:12:33  
The 407 accuracy figure wasn't plucked for the air.

lvl 81 birds have an evasion of 343, if you then follow the equation on this page you can work out the 407.

So everything I said was based on evasion.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [155 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Evolex
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2009-12-15 22:12:55  
Hello fellow cors,

I didn't really feel like this deserved a whole new thread, so i just posted here and bumped this up.

My cor is level 72 and am leveling it for the primary use of having fun in merits and not backlining on rdm. I really liked the idea of /war and using Joyeuse for TP gain so that's what I'm aiming for.

Anyways, I was just wondering if my current setup would be enough to land slug shot fairly consistently on g. colibri, and if so any possible upgrades if too much.

This is all for when I hit 75.

A few things:

1. No marksmanship merits (8/8 sword, dag 4/4 scythe, already demeritted shield for scythe)
2. eating squid sushi
3. take into account no hunter's roll

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=127681

Other gear/possible upgrades
1. have rajas
2. have +1 items for cor probably going to do bottes first unless i can be convince otherwise
3. can get an amemet+1 just use psilos since im worried about racc
4. waiting on a coffinmaker and tryin to see if i can grab a deal on martial
[+]
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2009-12-17 11:15:03  
If your using a joyeuse I would suggest ditching the rings with the -acc on them use rajas and a acc ring without negative stats on it if you really need more acc. I would also switch the vision earring for a brutal earring. I would also TP in a belt that had haste or some acc or atk on it and use warwolf for WS only.
 Unicorn.Ellimist
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ellimist
By Unicorn.Ellimist 2009-12-17 11:49:36  
Laitha, I'm assuming he's asking if that particular setup would be good for Slugshot, not TP. On that note, Evolex, be sure you have a TP setup^^.

Martial Gun is going to be one of your biggest improvements. Slugging with 100 more TP is a godsend for COR. Try to grab a gorget for slug too, it will help much more than those spectacles. Denali Body is great for ACC as well, as is Palawhan. Just test out some setups on the birds when you can. See if you can replace one behemoth ring or both rings for STR (Rajas). I know alot of CORs are /war or GTFO, but another viable sub is /rng, which will help your accuracy immensely for birds (and anything), and give you Barrage and Sharpshot. Landing Slugshot consistently for a decent number /rng > landing Slugshot inconsistently for a l33t number /war.
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2009-12-17 14:01:11  
Unicorn.Ellimist said:
Laitha, I'm assuming he's asking if that particular setup would be good for Slugshot, not TP. On that note, Evolex, be sure you have a TP setup^^. Martial Gun is going to be one of your biggest improvements. Slugging with 100 more TP is a godsend for COR. Try to grab a gorget for slug too, it will help much more than those spectacles. Denali Body is great for ACC as well, as is Palawhan. Just test out some setups on the birds when you can. See if you can replace one behemoth ring or both rings for STR (Rajas). I know alot of CORs are /war or GTFO, but another viable sub is /rng, which will help your accuracy immensely for birds (and anything), and give you Barrage and Sharpshot. Landing Slugshot consistently for a decent number /rng > landing Slugshot inconsistently for a l33t number /war.

You would be suprised how much of a differnce it makes with a WS like slugshot.