言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Colorless Soul Farming Advice
Colorless Soul Farming Advice
First Page 2 3 4
By Sykotik7S 2013-08-12 18:37:32  
Hey everyone,

So I just completed my 50 plates for Ochain. Now I knew that Colorless Soul farming was going to blow, but the gravity of its suckage didn't exactly weigh down until I went go Grauberg, and noticed that T2 was up for only 3 minutes before then being killed before I could find it. So, I'm hoping to gather some input: When are the best times to do this? I dont have a lot of people who would be willing to help me so it'll likely always be a solo/duo venture. Any input would be greatly appreciated it. Thank you ^-^
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-12 18:41:55  
If you have aegis that will make soloing pretty simple if you have very much delve gear/correct atma setup so that's good news for you... As far as when, never is a good time, souls are sold so often it makes it tough. So basically early morning I find the best, Jp time is ending and Pst-Est isn't there yet. So basically means buying is down, but there will still be other farmers sadly! Good luck! that's all I really got for ya.
 Ragnarok.Jhan
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jhan
By Ragnarok.Jhan 2013-08-12 18:55:00  
Deciding which zone depends largely upon what's available to you. I successfully soloed a majority of my colorless souls through Gamayun/Maere with a MDT and evasion set on THF/NIN, with liberal use of temps including Lucid Potion III and Lucid Elixir II.

If you have an Aegis, Chione/Ogopogo is a reliable solo path. Without one, you'll be safer with a healer buddy. MDT or water resist is a must for Ogopogo's nukes and final Tidal Wave.

Otherwise, Koios/Brulo is the easier path. I imagine even easier with RUN sub, on top of phalanx, and a half-decent MDT/fire resist set. Of course, because it's the easiest for SMN and BST, it is typically camped.

In my experience, Grauberg is the least camped, though it is actually the easiest (at least for me as an evasion job), as long as you have someone to wake you from Nightmare.

You'll have to feel it out. Some days you can be in the zone for two hours and no one will compete, other times it will seem as if everyone is jumping on the Ochain/Daurdabla bandwagon.
 Leviathan.Cycerath
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2013-08-19 15:42:55  
i agree with jhan, but if you got aegis already Gamayun/maere path is probably your best bet. less camped then the other 2 which on my server are almost always being camped. if you have a whm char to go with it too my method was tanking on pld and letting the whm die constantly, then when nightmare occured i'd raise the whm cure and let the whm die again. this way i never had to worry about nightmare messing me up. i'd also recommend /thf for this method if you got TH tarutaru sash it's even more plausable, even with TH3 i was getting alot of 2 soul drops from this guy.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [297 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Zaub
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zaub
By Cerberus.Zaub 2014-06-12 03:58:19  
I did all but 3 of my souls solo, on thf/dnc, and completed all 75 in 11 days, almost all in Uleg on the Chione and Ogopogo. Died once when I fell asleep during a fight. Start looking for the Chione right after Japanese midnight, and you will have 3-4 hours with very little competition.

Using thf main gives a major advantage: on Ogogpogo, if you are able to bully/SA twice, and Feint twice, the odds are pretty good that you will get a double drop. I only had 5 fights with single drops.

OK, I do have Mandau 119 (probably the delve dagger would have been better) with Sandung, and good reforged gear on the thf, but the key to solo is having good TH gear and good mdt- gear, and in particular for Ogopogo, water resistance gear. One or two good mdt- dark rings, aqua pearls and sachet, etc.

Used RR and Future Fabulous, and in the beginning, was using Frozen Fetters for the Chione, and then switching to Lake Lurker for Ogopogo. After several fights, decided the Chione was not worth the switch, so just went full time with RR/FF/LL. All fight must start with full 300 tp so you can heal yourself when needed.

RR gives you enough crits to interrupt a lot of casting, and the other two will bring Tidal Wave from a 3-4k monster down to 200-300 damage. I averaged around 270 damage from it. On most fights, I did not use any temps at all, just healing from Waltzes. Being a Taru in Abys also helps: totally crazy, but my thf/dnc has around 3400 hp without any hp atmas.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-12 04:32:45  
thank god you bumped this, i'm sure those guys were waiting all year on pins and needles to hear about how to handle 90 content at 119
[+]
By lhova 2014-06-12 17:38:59  
Well the T3 in Ule can still hit pretty hard if you don't have the atma's he's mentioning. I almost had to brew the damn thing last night lol. Thinking about going Mnk/dnc versus Thf/dnc for the extra hp. I normally use Apoc/RR/SS as my atmas with ilvl weapons and armor for the magic evasion.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By lhova 2014-06-17 16:49:15  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Don't need frozen fetters or future fabulous to make leviathan a complete joke to thf solo

Magic evasion gearset ftw

Do you have a particular set in mind? Because even on Mnk his Tidal wave does 4600+ on me. I was using Apoc/RR/SS with no shell but I was using a lot of 119 and 117 ilvl gear.

Post deleted by User.
By lhova 2014-06-20 13:08:54  
Is Tidal wave magic damage? I only ask because fanatics will make it do 0 damage and I'm not sure if fools will?
By lhova 2014-06-20 14:09:51  
Bump.

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [87 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Tsoi
user: Tsoi
By Leviathan.Tsoi 2014-09-16 01:40:39  
How did you guys farm the colorful ? I'm 0/40 on the clear crystal it seems impossible. Is there some kind of trick to changing the color?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-16 01:59:49  
Make sure you don't have a colorful already. Other than that, it's just random.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-09-16 02:09:34  
I've found it easiest to convert T1's to T2 (base demilune abyssite to colourful) in areas where the T1 monsters are both easy and accessible--such as La Theine (a group is around Conflux 2 near the tigers and another near 3 at the bees.) The Visions-area T1 monsters die so much faster than the T1 elementals in the Heroes zones, and thus the conversion (for me) seems much better and less-tedious.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [155 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.
By jayponry 2015-02-18 00:07:49  
hmmmmm do tell more
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-02-18 00:20:00  
half a year bump to act cool about a glitch that's been known for literally years? sounds about right
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-18 00:26:27  
how does it work?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-18 02:44:47  
I think this was patched long ago?

Anyway, bad timing to be encouraging people to exploit.
 Bismarck.Johnb
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-03-15 23:42:47  
Sorry for bumping but is there anything that increases T1/T2 abyssite change? Some say red proc, some say TH. Also, is it best to stay in one zone or switch to Altepa/Graub/Uleg after every failed T2->T3 upgrade attempt?
 Sylph.Subadai
サーバ: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2015-03-16 15:25:34  
I think neither TH nor red proc help at all, it's just completely random. Changing zones can save you some time, I saw a lot of people doing that when I made my Ochain.

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [988 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-11-28 03:40:23  
I know it's a necro but just sharing this in case anyone else looking for common places aby VNM pop/wander.

Zone: T1 -> T2 -> T3
Altepa: #4,7 -> #5 treant -> #5 murex
Uleg: #5,6 -> #7 mechs -> #7 gears
Graub: #2,4 -> #8 pots -> #8 orbs
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-11-29 12:07:32  
personally, I always went to La Theine to pop T1s, around where the Tigers/Rabbits are to the North of Conflux 2. though I suppose with Trusts, farming T1s isn't as irritating these days in the Heroes areas.
By Bongarippa 2017-11-29 14:32:45  
fillerbunny9 said: »
personally, I always went to La Theine to pop T1s, around where the Tigers/Rabbits are to the North of Conflux 2. though I suppose with Trusts, farming T1s isn't as irritating these days in the Heroes areas.

No point to going anywhere but the heroes zones now. Elementals die fast with all our fancy 119 gear and abyssites upgrade 1/1. Not sure if that was a change to the vnm system or it's in the kis you get from clearing RoV, but best way to farm souls is pick the giant you think is easiest to get the iron plates from and go there.
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-11-29 16:28:32  
They are all pretty easy now. Diabolos use to be a problem when nightmare would cause him to wreck you while you sleep without someone to wake you. And Levi killed me a few times back at 99 from his last hoorah before he’d die but I couldn’t see it mattering now.

I personally would just pick the zone with no one else farming souls to make it simpler
First Page 2 3 4