Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 ... 20 21 22
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-31 12:13:12  
I've been noticing a lot of topics being created lately that are asking a single question that only requires a single answer. I think it would be beneficial for everyone if we could group those single answer questions into a single topic.

We've done this previously with FFXI, and it worked out very well, and I believe it will for XIV too. So if you have a question that is something like this:

What Body equipment should I wear for my level 25 Archer?

or this:

Where can I find Sylvan Scream for the Order of the Twin Adder Hunting Log #5?

They would fit very well into this topic. However, if your question is much more complex, where the answers are more opinions than facts, where there never is just one single answer, then creating your own topic might not be a bad idea. Please try to find a topic related to your question before creating your own. It's very likely that someone has already created a topic, or even a news topic, that matches your question. You can browse the forum searching in sections relevant to your question, or you can search the forum using keywords to describe it. You can even search within this topic to see if someone asked your question before, chances are they have. The search box is located at the top right of every page.

If you have a question, but you are afraid to ask because you think it's too silly of a question to ask, just know we are here to help you. The purpose of this topic is to share knowledge with each other, so we can help each other out.

However, if you think it's funny to bash someone for asking a question, hating on them, calling them out, this is not the forum for you. This topic is to help players and educate them on the knowledge they are seeking. They might not know nearly as much about the game as you do, but that doesn't mean you have to be rude. We've all been newbies, it's personally my favorite experience of a game, and asking questions can be intimidating when other players are years ahead of you in experience.

Asking questions shouldn't be intimidating, it should be fun! Try to have fun and be respectful to each other, and please respect the forum and help reduce clutter on the front page and the forum itself.

Useful Websites:
Square Enix Account Management System - Old, still running but you should be using Mog Station instead. SE is trying to push everyone to use it, and it will be the only the system we use for XIV shortly. Click the image below for Mog Station, and put it in your bookmarks.

also:

Community site for News, and your character profile

General Information...for everything: XIVDB, very good site.

Server Status: ARR Status, a very good site, even has an android app if you're into that.

Wiki: XIVWiki, not sure how good it is yet really.
Wiki: Gamer Escape Wiki, the aftermath of the FFXIclopedia team, not sure how they're doing right now.

Please post or PM me if you know other websites that I can list. Thank you!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-31 12:45:49  
Is there a way to resize and move the chat box on PS3 client? It's the size of an ipod nano on a 32" screen >.>.
By Shayala 2013-08-31 12:52:40  
Can anyone give me a grid location for Fireflies at Bentbranch? I need to kill some for my hunting log but can't find them :(
 Ragnarok.Amonk
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amonk
By Ragnarok.Amonk 2013-08-31 13:00:26  
Shayala said: »
Can anyone give me a grid location for Fireflies at Bentbranch? I need to kill some for my hunting log but can't find them :(

They actually aren't in Bentbranch. Go to the far southwest of the map, into the underground barrows.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shayala
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shayala
By Carbuncle.Shayala 2013-08-31 13:02:22  
Ragnarok.Amonk said: »
Shayala said: »

They actually aren't in Bentbranch. Go to the far southwest of the map, into the underground barrows.

Thank you so much, you just saved me tearing my hair out in anger :)
 Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-31 13:05:41  
The NA/EU servers are actually up atm?
 Ragnarok.Amonk
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amonk
By Ragnarok.Amonk 2013-08-31 13:20:40  
Siren.Knivesz said: »
The NA/EU servers are actually up atm?

Yes. Check http://arrstatus.com/ for status information of all servers.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-31 13:23:46  
Ah ok. Was wishful thinking that the servers were down on my part as it seems I have the "unable to update NA/EU servers list" error. Guess i'll just have to wait till Monday.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-31 13:30:27  
It's almost irrelevant when the servers are up or down when you get 1017 even if they're up. Haven't been able to login for a few days now.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-31 13:40:55  
Would need to leave your game on 24/7 if you wanted to play. Several of my friends do that but I never felt comfortable with leaving my pc on indefinitely so I myself don't do it.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-31 13:42:41  
1017 is the login restriction in place. SE didn't expect as many players to play, and now their data centers are overloaded and can't meet the demand. During Phase 4 SE were doing stress tests on the server, and then the majority of players got hit with 3102, and were locked out of the game for over 24 hours.

The servers have windows every ~15 minutes that last for 15-30 seconds to let in players, that's why you have to sit there and spam and spam until they let you in. If you only try once every ~30 min you're never going to get in.

SE is currently upgrading their data centers so they can meet the demand, people need to be patient and understand that they are actually trying to fix the issue as fast as they can.
1016 =
1017 =
2002 =
3102 =

10102 =
90000 =
word data cannot be obtained, data center issue
login restriction in place, data center issue
The lobby server connection has encountered an error, data center issue
your character is still logged into the game, server trying to safely disconnect your character from the server since it wasn't logged out "properly"
????
Connection lost, server issue unless your internet is down
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-31 13:56:33  
Hard to justify leaving a PS3 on all the time, it sounds like a 747 engine test in my office.
 Asura.Ryndo
サーバ: Asura
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-08-31 14:19:01  
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions and I would be indebted to any of you that could answer em. :3

1) I bought 1.0 but this was in oct 2012 so I wasn't able to use code. Can I use the reg code for ps3 or does it have to be pc?

2) with my CE I got a security token. How do I set this up for my account?

Any answers greatly appreciated <3
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-31 14:24:19  
Asura.Ryndo said: »
with my CE I got a security token. How do I set this up for my account
via Square Enix Account Management System:

• Log into the Square Enix Account Management System using your SE Account name and password. Leave the One-time password field blank.

• On the sidebar, click "One-Time Password" under Services and Options.

• On the next page, click "Adjust Security Token (key ring type) settings" for Security Token (key ring type).

• On the next page, select "Security Token registration" and click Next. Note that only one Token can be registered at a time.

• Enter the Token's serial number, found on the back of your Token and click Next.

Once the process is complete, you will need the Token to enter the one-time password in order to access the account management system, and any services tied to the account.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-31 14:50:32  
I've updated the OP with useful links, if you know any other sites then post or PM about them please, thanks!
 Asura.Ryndo
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-08-31 14:59:17  
Thanks a lot! :D any possible answer for my other question? ._.

And do I need the disc in my ps3 at all times.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-31 15:33:09  
I'm not really sure about that one, someone else might know.
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-31 15:41:11  
Asura.Ryndo said: »
Thanks a lot! :D any possible answer for my other question? ._.

And do I need the disc in my ps3 at all times.
You do not. In fact, being that I played Phase 4 and Early Access, I never used my disc. Phase 4, Early Access, and live version are all the same client.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-31 15:45:07  
Anyone got a good strat for the Chimera fight for A Relic Reborn? :D lol

(Voice of the Ram can suck a ----)
By Ravenn42 2013-08-31 16:20:01  
I have been making several characters in diff worlds due to the log in issues. In ffxi that would cost me a bunch of money.

My question can I have multiple characters on my account for free? Or is this going to bite me in the butt later.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-31 16:22:29  
I'm not sure about the number of characters, I believe you can purchase more slots? I'm not really sure on that one.
 Asura.Unstopable
By Asura.Unstopable 2013-08-31 16:25:58  
If you pay 13$ a month you get 1 toon per server up to 8 total .... If you pay 15$ a month u get 8 toons per server and 40 total.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-31 16:27:32  
You can make up to 8 characters (all on different worlds if you want to) on their basic 13 dollar or whatever it is subscription.

Edit: beaten by unstopable
By Ravenn42 2013-08-31 16:41:20  
Thanks I was getting worried I was costing myself money....

Now this game is a little overwhelming at first... I am not sure how I like the battle system compared to ffxi.

can I solo to level 50 or am I going to get stuck at a certain point? Also is the best weapons and gear only obtainable through big parties and the use of link shells like ffxi?
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-31 16:58:24  
Look, you aren't going to have to go out and find a group like a linkshell. The game has a system called Duty Finder, where you sign up for a dungeon or guildheist you want to do.

Duty Finder combines all players from all worlds, so if you're a whm looking for a group on server 1, a melee and a tank is on world 2, and world 3 has another melee looking for a group at the same dungeon you're wanting to go to, the servers make a party from all 4 of you and you can play together, even though you're on different servers.

Leveling is very easy, very casual. Yes you can get to 50 solo, I'm not sure how difficult it is because I'm not there yet.

Also, yes the game is very overwhelming. It took me a long time to grasp the controls, the UI, and how to play, and I still struggle with some things like optimizing armor choices etc, and I will for a long time I'm sure, but you just have to try.
By Quiznor 2013-08-31 17:26:17  
You can make up to 8 characters (all on different worlds if you want to) on their basic 13 dollar or whatever it is subscription.

Edit: beaten by unstopable

You didnt say toon though.

Kalila said: »
Look, you aren't going to have to go out and find a group like a linkshell. The game has a system called Duty Finder, where you sign up for a dungeon or guildheist you want to do.

Duty Finder combines all players from all worlds, so if you're a whm looking for a group on server 1, a melee and a tank is on world 2, and world 3 has another melee looking for a group at the same dungeon you're wanting to go to, the servers make a party from all 4 of you and you can play together, even though you're on different servers

Pretty much this ^

I'm lead to believe that almost all the best gear comes from dungeons (which can be used with friends/linkshell/free company or duty finder). With the exception of relics,which cannot be duty findered (thats a word now because duty found sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE,deal with it!) but there are alot of shouts for that anyways.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-31 17:52:40  
I haven't been in a rush to do the missions much but my friends have been (they just blow through every cs and are lvling at ridiculous rates to cap to 50 already) and if I'm to believe them duty finder isn't quite as foolproof as they make it out to be. Apparently my war friend has been matched up with three blms (or maybe it was smns i forget) for a dungeon which I didn't even think was possible. I was under the impression duty finder would always make a party consisting of at least 1 tank, 1 dps, and 1 healer.
 Valefor.Ivaan
サーバ: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-31 17:57:24  
I haven't been in a rush to do the missions much but my friends have been (they just blow through every cs and are lvling at ridiculous rates to cap to 50 already) and if I'm to believe them duty finder isn't quite as foolproof as they make it out to be. Apparently my war friend has been matched up with three blms (or maybe it was smns i forget) for a dungeon which I didn't even think was possible. I was under the impression duty finder would always make a party consisting of at least 1 tank, 1 dps, and 1 healer.

were they actually blms or thaumaturge s? whoever its spelled.

i know ive been paired with like me as glad and 3 arcanists.

this is bc they can classify as either dd or healing. needless to say, it didnt make things much easier.

does thamaturge gain healing spells? i dont even know for sure.
By Quiznor 2013-08-31 17:59:24  

Well the thing is,WAR is considered a tank iirc. You can see what role the job you're enlisting is,when you're enlisting it. I'm sure a billion people like to spam through that and just whine about it. Several of the magic classes as well,are considered DPS/DD jobs as well,mainly ACN. I'm a PLD and I've had a few times where it's hit the PLD/CNJ/other mage/other mage too. It isnt "broken" because the runs are still possible usually. The standard 4 party DF setting is tank + healer + 2 DD,it comes up when joining a duty. Idk about waiting/setting one up,I'm a PLD,I get instant DF lol
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-31 18:03:56  
yeah I believe he said thaumaturges sorry, keep saying blm cause of FF11 (or maybe it was arcanist but definitely no bonafied healer such as conjurer, whm, or sch in the party). Anyway they were complaining that the set up was making the dungeon seem harder than it really was (apparently it was a dungeon with a wyrm dragon as the final boss).
First Page 2 ... 20 21 22