users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM kirin solo and other DD set
RDM kirin solo and other DD set
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-10 08:34:05  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
The last time I fought him was pre adoulin and our dd didn't gear swap and it was a joke, asked me underestimate I guess eeep

Cool story bro

Quote:
PW is no slouch, even at 99+whatever level y'all are now. Really, it's the adds, if you can deal with them, PW is mostly a pushover.

Yeah it's the final form adds' all manaburning you down by simultaneously casting Tier II Am / GA IV's and crap. That and when he summons every avatar and they all 2H simultaneously.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-11-10 09:53:04  
They don't cast AM II, or AM for that matter. Their damage output (as measly as it is at best) isn't the immediate threat, it's them pretty much stripping you of MP and whittling you down.

They're rather simple to remedy, they can be kept alive (and used to your advantage) in any other form aside the final, where they must be killed. They have very little HP, and do not get re-summoned until Astral Flow, so you can anticipate when they will be back so you can prepare, buff and recover accordingly.

As for the threat of Astral Flow, again, it can be anticipated. You'll be able to have up a max potency Stoneskin, I predict this should ensure survival, but be sure Crackle's Magic Defense down debuff isn't on you when Astral Flow is imminent.