users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea Now-adays
Abyssea Now-adays
 Sylph.Rafaras
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-22 09:54:43  
I'm considering to finish off the rest of the Empyrean relics(to 85) since Abyssea is practically dead other than XP shouts.

So my questions are:

Are Carabosse, Fistule, Chloris, and Kukulkan a walk in the park now as it was before the e-peen new gear?

If yes, what job do you think can easily walk through these without any sweat? Keep in mind having the best gear that is out right now.
 Asura.Railock
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Railock 2013-12-22 10:12:48  
I stopped playing back in early May, when SoA was still pretty fresh. Fistule and Carabosse were soloable on BST, Chloris can be duoable with DD(NIN, MNK, or THF) + WHM just watch for doom. Kukulkan I don't know, I think that's the Peiste with the petri.

With the iLVL gear I'd imagine it's a fair bit easier.
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2013-12-22 10:16:18  
carabosse 3-4 mins fight mnk/dnc ilvl gear
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-22 10:18:25  
So MNK/dnc could do it easily by now?
By Pantafernando 2013-12-22 10:20:27  
A good blm can beat solo the kukulkan.
Turn your back and keep casting. Blm tier 5 can reach 7k+.
 Lakshmi.Kyera
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2013-12-22 10:24:01  
Pretty much everything is really easy now. Fistule was easy before. Chloris still has that whole doom thing, so you still have to take the requisite precautions. There are very few if any things in Abyssea that pose a serious threat to an appropriately geared job.

For most things, any job that can put out damage and heal itself (especially of status effects) should be fine, especially with iLvl gear adding ridiculous amounts of evasion. Some jobs that shine are DNC/NINorTHF (can switch back and forth between murder and defense, can have TH2), MNK/DNC (kind of does both at all times), THF/DNC (for easier stuff that doesn't have any SERIOUSLY damaging moves, for maximum TH), and obviously you'll need NIN/WAR or WAR/DNC if you expect to be able to proc for KIs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Marael
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Marael
By Quetzalcoatl.Marael 2013-12-22 11:53:36  
The only one of those I hadn't soloed for empy items or +2 items before SoA came out was Chloris. I imagine that they'll be even easier now. Carabosse with Aegis PLD or BST was easy but time consuming. Did Kukulkan with DNC/THF, which was also extremely easy, all you have to do is turn around when he does gaze and keep doing steps/reverse for TP to heal and erase yourself if he even manages to land a hit on you. Fistule was pretty easy with BST. I would think that if you bring about a billion holy waters and get really lucky with terror a DNC, MNK or THF could probably solo Chloris, but I would bring a WHM along just to be safe since it is a 4 KI pop and that's a lot of work to toss out on a probably.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-12-22 12:52:53  
iLevel gear vs level 80 Content.

looking at it that way, I could say any job could solo there by now.
 Fenrir.Ropeteer
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Ropeteer 2013-12-22 15:44:39  
Abyssea... That's like Garrison right?
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-22 15:46:15  
Pretty much any job yeah. BLM is probably the best to solo seals, can easily evade any NM and nukes do tons of dmg (so does melee as well.)
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-12-22 18:21:12  
Chloris will still kill you if you don't bring holy water. That goes for any NM that can put Doom on you or proc Death.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [133 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Shipp
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-05-04 20:50:53  
Sylph.Peldin said: »
Chloris will still kill you if you don't bring holy water. That goes for any NM that can put Doom on you or proc Death.
Old thread, but killed Azde the other day while fooling around on THF. Killed him a couple weeks ago and was fine, but he managed to doom me this time. I dropped about 5 seconds after he did. Lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [150 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Tarquine
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2014-10-01 09:50:59  
BLU will wreck anything in Abyssea with ease.
[+]