ADL Low Man

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » ADL low man
ADL low man
By BlaTheTaru 2014-02-16 12:24:40  
I realize there is a topic similar to this, and I apologize if I should post this there. I have 4 dedicated people that want to run ADL, and while I know this isn't an ideal number for reliable wins I would like to know what would be the best job set up for this many people? I was thinking smn, sch, DD, DD, and if I can find a fifth possibly a blu for absolute terror. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated!
 Siren.Novadragon
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-02-16 12:27:36  
ADL has been took down solo by a Smn. Very sure you can 4 man it with competent DPS.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-02-16 12:37:20  
While I appreciate you letting me know that it really doesn't help me form a strategy. We've gotten really close to killing it before with 7 people, I am just wanting to know a reliable strat if one exists.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-16 12:44:20  
Press auto attack, wait till 100% tp, ws, wait till 100% tp, ws, repeat till split, pick a clone the rince and repeat.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-02-16 12:51:49  
Well that's helpful.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-02-16 12:56:02  
They are basically saying with competent DD, mostly up to date gear, and minimal buffs, it should be an easy win. iLvl gear has made ADL pretty easy now.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-02-16 12:59:30  
I understand what they're saying and in theory that's correct, but I wasn't sure if there was a way of dealing with terror. I'd been told that Blu was a really solid choice to keep one of the clones stun locked. I suppose instead of asking people for advice I should just keep trying it until I get it. Hasn't been very helpful.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-02-16 13:06:28  
You're being a little too paranoid on what ADL can do. He was around when the Ilvl was only 99. Ilvl 119 is a massive jump in defense, and he will hurt you A LOT less. The ilvl 119 Weapons are stupidly strong, it will flop his HP very quick. Shouldn't need a heavy strategy to beat him still.

Edit: At ilvl 99 he was Zerged 6-8 man, but with more heavier buffs.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-02-16 13:24:19  
I'll just keep trying until we get it! Thanks for the input, oh and Nova, you have the best avatar I think I have ever seen.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-02-16 13:29:57  
BlaTheTaru said: »
I'll just keep trying until we get it! Thanks for the input, oh and Nova, you have the best avatar I think I have ever seen.

It shouldn't take long to beat it. The fight was just zerged and thank you ^_^!
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-02-16 14:14:16  
Terror will end your run pretty much without fail. PD doesn't block it, unless you can stun it I don't believe there is a way around it. PD+Shock squall and hope it dies before another split or terror
By Kooljack 2014-02-16 14:21:10  
I'm pretty sure PD does block terror until after it starts deteriorating.

PD starts to deteriorate gradually after the initial 30 seconds and wont block everything, sometimes lettings stuff slip through... the first 30 seconds of PD should be blocking everything though. That's how I've interpreted my over 30 adl attempts with 4-6 ppl. If I'm wrong let me know.
By itchi508 2014-02-16 14:30:49  
If I where to DD strategy it be brd Smn 2x DD. That can allow for farm as well. Anything additional is only more beneficial when it comes to choosing the wrong clone.

A good Smn can solo it.

I duo it Smn Smn with a friend easily. (Since Smn got boost in Dmg we are doing 18-20k+ BPs, the Smn who solo'd it on YouTube prob doin 25-30k+ BPs now)

There's a few options when it comes to ADL these days as it doesn't call for 8+ people anymore. I have Low man'd him a lot and seen him split 3x and we still won luckily, But he still is no push over and can easily ruin your day if you allow him to even with iLV/DT gear on, don't underestimate him just because people can solo/duo him, he can still wipe a hole alliance if he's pissy & you fall short on stuns.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-02-16 17:29:05  
What people are looking to find out is info like:
Does terror mean a wipe for the most part at this level?
Does picking the wrong clone mean a wipe for the most part at this level?

That's why the OP didn't find the old "X can solo Y" of any use. He wants to know stuff that helps them formulate a strategy, what to be wary of, etc.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-02-16 17:37:09  
Terror: yes
Wrong clone: depends on how many DD and how good they are
[+]
By itchi508 2014-02-16 17:47:12  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
What people are looking to find out is info like:
Does terror mean a wipe for the most part at this level?
Does picking the wrong clone mean a wipe for the most part at this level?

That's why the OP didn't find the old "X can solo Y" of any use. He wants to know stuff that helps them formulate a strategy, what to be wary of, etc.
In that case: Terror doesn't mean wipe, it's not good but you most likely will survive until he spits again. Like I mentioned above we have lived threw 3 splits + Terror and still killed em with a set up of mnk mnk thf brd smn. Was lucky :p

Wrong clone is ok given you take em down fast enough and DD don't lose steam, have reliable stuns is a must. (If stuns are not reliable you will need a sch or Whm) for cures but even then it will get ugly. (Sch or Smn are good stunners) Smn can astral conduit and spam squal. Or Sch TR chain stun for safety.

Strategy: minimum 2DD (mnk drk war or sam), brd, Smn. Fight him to 55% (be easy on WS as he goes down fast and you don't want to break 50% before PD)
pop PD then break 50% for split. Choose wisely then Zerg.
Wrong pick? 1hr and finish him before another split. (Don't need 1hr but if you want to play it safe and don't plan on popping another then use it)
optimally I enter with a pop, ADL> TE> then go farm Odius/tombes on down time and repop at end of run.
This strat is efficient enough to kill 2ADL a day with 1hrs as reassurance.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2014-02-16 17:51:47  
PD has always been pointless for ADL. Anything that could potentially ruin you, PD never blocked (tera slash death, aoe terror, early summons.) 9 times out of time 10, you should be winning with a properly timed squall. ADL doesn't get access to wipe potential til 30%, in which he gets access to terror/death/quad summons. In the event of terror, you will most likely lose, unless he chooses to wait along time to summon. If he summons post 30%, you're are likely losing from the raw damage via split (which is usually 4x terror x 300-500 dmg, or 4x tera slash)

as itchi508 said, I feel that would also be the ideal setup with 4 players.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-02-16 18:11:38  
itchi508 said: »
Choose wisely
How? :p
By bigdave1978 2014-02-16 18:24:21  
4 smn with 119 gear 1 does squal 3 do burning fists with new bp timer ability up
By itchi508 2014-02-16 23:15:52  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
itchi508 said: »
Choose wisely
How? :p
eeny meeny miny mo? XD
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-02-16 23:44:25  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-02-16 23:44:46  
low man
[+]
By Sieha1 2014-02-17 00:40:56  
I do have one question, if you have the extra people, is the second marrow effected by th?
 Sylph.Peldin
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-02-26 23:10:21  
Nobody can answer that with 100% certainty, but we always brought a THF to our ADL runs. If you have an extra person, why not? Having that person come as a heavy DD instead of THF isn't going to change the kill time by much.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-02-26 23:22:42  
Database lists it at 110% pretty much on the nose, While that doesn't say TH does or doesn't affect drop rate.. I just would expect a "weirder" number if TH mattered.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-02-26 23:41:33  
Siren.Novadragon said: »
You're being a little too paranoid on what ADL can do. He was around when the Ilvl was only 99. Ilvl 119 is a massive jump in defense, and he will hurt you A LOT less.

Pretttyyyy sure that ADL was 90 cap content. Very latest was 95 cap, when they decided to add marrows to his drop pool, prior to the 99 REM update
@ OP
2 DD BRD could farm and kill everything fast. Bring stun. win. That's literally all there is to it.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-02-28 15:27:20  
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
You're being a little too paranoid on what ADL can do. He was around when the Ilvl was only 99. Ilvl 119 is a massive jump in defense, and he will hurt you A LOT less.

Pretttyyyy sure that ADL was 90 cap content. Very latest was 95 cap, when they decided to add marrows to his drop pool, prior to the 99 REM update
@ OP
2 DD BRD could farm and kill everything fast. Bring stun. win. That's literally all there is to it.

Did they add ADL before the added marrows to him?
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-02-28 15:34:57  
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

@ OP

Did they add ADL before the added marrows to him?

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Sagasinger

Weapon level suggests yes.