June Update (NERF)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » June Update (NERF)
June Update (NERF)
 Asura.Tot
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tot 2014-06-13 21:45:38  
time to stop using home point warps!
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-13 22:01:20  
How about you start login on when I'm on so we can do VD ouryu!
By MrIdea 2014-06-13 22:55:36  
The secret to making a ton of gil as Pchan put it is to simply make 4 relic rng mules and beat the game, literally.

Targeting fishbotters is fair/late, but whomever is hoarding gil right now is in a great position to buy consumable goods at bottom prices. A great time to watch gil value rise until the economy levels.

Not sure what will happen with 1.5 billion gil missing from the economy, but will be glad that my 240mil will stretch me farther.
[+]
By kazalthor 2014-06-14 10:30:34  
lol its funny, but no one is saying an obvious point, once the open sore of easy gil is bandaged the 1st and foremost thing is the gil sellers will raise there prices.

and the brogames spam will begin.
Square enix must of bought stock in Brogames lol
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-06-15 22:15:18  
kazalthor said: »
lol its funny, but no one is saying an obvious point, once the open sore of easy gil is bandaged the 1st and foremost thing is the gil sellers will raise there prices.

Guess you didn't read any of my posts where I said prices will temporarily rise causing inflation
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-15 22:17:50  
I still fail to see how gil price raising will cause an inflation instead of a deflation.
By Zoltar 2014-06-15 22:24:07  
Gil price raising makes drops(all items) more valuable. Take a bunch of gil out of circulation = you increase the value of gil itself = items are worth more
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-15 22:34:20  
if you increase the value of gil, items are worth less of it

lets say 50M gil costs 5 hours, that makes a relic worth about 12 hours

gil comes out of economy, less goods shift around, the same 50M gil might go up to costing 8 hours

now, a relic didn't get any harder to get, so you've effectively increased the cost by a factor of 60% to 19.2 hours in this scenario if price stays the same

given currency is always sitting in jeuno as is, the price going up will result in less people buying and eventual undercutting driving it down until the price balances back to 12 hours

tldr; a piece of paper worth 1/10 a [item] isn't any different than 2 pieces of paper worth 1/20 a [item] each. the value of a [item] is best expressed as a fraction of the total economy, a significant amount of gil removal will eventually result in a proportional price decrease
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-15 23:49:02  
kazalthor said: »

Except it won't be patched out. There is always an easy way to make gil. And farming noobs (mercing) doesn't count as that requires actual effort and the server can only support a minute amount of it.
By Chimerawizard 2014-06-16 01:53:06  
My only question, do players still have another place to create NEW gil at a similar rate to fishbotting that can be done while afk?

If the answer is yes, not much will change since that just equates to the old building the presses were located are being closed while a new building will open up in a few weeks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-16 03:08:02  
Chimerawizard said: »
My only question, do players still have another place to create NEW gil at a similar rate to fishbotting that can be done while afk?

If the answer is yes, not much will change since that just equates to the old building the presses were located are being closed while a new building will open up in a few weeks.

We can generation a lot more gil than fishing with spark. If we didnt face a stupid inflation yet, prob because people still use spark for chapters, skill up tomes, etc. The moment it became common converting spark to gil, SE will need to nerf it. Actually its a matter of time.

I as an example. Cleaving in abyssea for 3h in gain exp roe. I invite all people is shell, and that makes an ally of 12, 10 afk. If i do a good job, after 3h everyone got 50k spark, so 600k total. The rate is 10g per spark, so we could have generated 6m in 3h. But thats not the biggest problem. Unlike selling hakuryu requires extreme investment (110 fishing and ebisu), spark can be generate by every new char you create. So you have everyday 600 players generating an amount of spark.

In an extreme situation, you can have have, suposing everyone Farm 100k sparks daily, 600x100kx10=600m being generated everday.
By Fasaga 2014-06-16 03:17:23  
Pantafernando said: »
Chimerawizard said: »

We can generation a lot more gil than fishing with spark. If we didnt face a stupid inflation yet, prob because people still use spark for chapters, skill up tomes, etc. The moment it became common converting spark to gil, SE will need to nerf it. Actually its a matter of time.

I as an example. Cleaving in abyssea for 3h in gain exp roe. I invite all people is shell, and that makes an ally of 12, 10 afk. If i do a good job, after 3h everyone got 50k spark, so 600k total. The rate is 10g per spark, so we could have generated 6m in 3h. But thats not the biggest problem. Unlike selling hakuryu requires extreme investment (110 fishing and ebisu), spark can be generate by every new char you create. So you have everyday 600 players generating an amount of spark.

In an extreme situation, you can have have, suposing everyone Farm 100k sparks daily, 600x100kx10=600m being generated everday.
What are you selling that would get nerfed?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-16 04:03:34  
Quote:
600x100kx10=600m being generated everday.
this sounds like a big number, but it's ignorant sensationalism

1m per person is less than a fishing mule makes now(for 6 hours of an active player being there), and on top of that gain exp roe is only active for 3 hours 3 times a week

the 50k spark cap means that only advanced bots will be able to top 500k gil while afk

and in reality, only so many people will actually do it, not the entire server..
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 04:35:56  
Pantafernando said: »
50k spark, so 600k total.

The rate is 10g per spark, so we could have generated 6m in 3h.

500k per person @ 10g per spark (10.2 to be exact, so 510,000~515,000 but whatever)

The item in question NPCs for 8,243 gil a piece, can get 61 of them for every 50,000 sparks, you you're getting 502,823g per 50,000 sparks. Really not very good, especially when you consider the fact that the fishbotting population wouldn't be botting to begin with if they wanted to actually put in effort for making gil, and as Comeatmebro mentioned, unless you have a pretty advanced bot then you're going to have problems efficiently botting this. 9m per full alliance getting sparks for 2~3 hours of cleaving isn't much of a threat to the economy tbh, assuming you can actually fill an entire alliance that wants to bother buying 61 things from the NPC then selling them (I'm sure a bot for this will come along eventually if one doesn't already exist, but I wouldn't know) and either someone with a fairly intelligent bot or a couple hours to spend getting an inefficient amount of gil and xp.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 04:39:45  
you lose about 20k by doing those instead if we're talking about the same item
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 04:45:08  
*** it who even cares, this ***sucks anyway. Culverins and Bahadurs. if you really want to go out there and waste time farming sparks to make 500k more power to you I guess
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-06-16 04:51:24  
Edit. Question already answered....

I see prices temporarily rising then levelling off with prices possibly going lower i.e. currency just another cycle in ffxi wacky economy.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 04:53:10  
Eh I doubt it. I don't expect the dailies to give more than 1k sparks each, won't be enough to let you afk cap. I guarantee people will go out to farm sparks once or twice and get bored of it. I do look forward to seeing something amazing like

"RoE Spark Cap Leech {Do you need it?} 300k per slot {/tell} Shitface"

pay someone to make gil. it'll happen. watch.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 05:00:53  
2x the items needed for that job's primary emp weapon

so for SAM you'd need 100 Carabosse Gems for every 109 piece and 150 Isgebind Hearts for 119

gonna occur, calling it now with my intense esp
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-16 05:13:31  
I hope they add something like abyssea/dynamis adoulin or really any grindy event in adoulin to get the base emp reforge item, also it better come in July cause murdering everything after update will get old fast.
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2014-06-16 06:02:13  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
get 119 af3 papers afk, I believe it.
I wonder if the af3 ingreds are going to go old skool with abyssea NM drops or like top tier VW drops like bringing back PW

if the 119 needs 10 colorless souls each, kill me now

even that most of it, is just sarcarms... Probably you "might" need Abyssea items if they let you upgrade gear from NQ to Revamped, like for relics you need currency if upgrading from the base relic
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-16 06:53:56  
Did SEs patch times actually change to not be at noon anymore? This is crazy!
By Zoltar 2014-06-16 07:43:22  
So glad I stored all of my Abyssea upgrade stones,etc. Can't imagine what empy gear gonna require
 Odin.Machorz
サーバ: Odin
user: MacHorz
By Odin.Machorz 2014-06-16 10:43:36  
Can anyone post link to source of the post that fish price will be reduce?

Edit: found it! >.> SE just did not put that information in german update news
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-06-16 10:55:25  
Item's will drop from dyna Arc-bosses :x
By Sieha1 2014-06-16 12:04:26  
wait they are adding af3 reforge in this release?