users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Post Update DRK
Post Update DRK
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-06-19 21:47:23  
In Woh gates versus the snolls/worms I have been getting consistent Shadow of Death's above 7,200~ at 300% TP /rdm.

**Edit
And on most reives in various zones Kamhir, Woh Gates, Morimar I can do about 6k~ at 300%.

Anahera scythe on these targets seems to only add about 500~ damage.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-19 21:53:00  
With or Without anahera scythe?!

You ninja'd me!
 Sylph.Limlight
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-06-19 23:32:30  
had some fun bringing back 6 hit rag with /war on toj and shark. Numbers weren't nearly as bad as I thought.

Also went 5 hit apoc /war. With the boost to cata damage along with the good ole drain (which you need because omg I had forgotten how much LR + Berserk hurts the ole defense <.<) The numbers gave me some hope.

Plus driving my ls whm crazy is always a plus. He wasted soooo many cures on me. cure 5 for 200 lol
[+]
By Akutenshi 2014-06-20 13:02:40  
Torcleaver can get close to to Resolution with some of the massive VIT gear we can get, but resolution would normally beat it more consistently. I would highly suggest unlocking Torcleaver just for the light skill chains or on things you are lacking ACC on.

Quietus for me gets close to Entropy, but Entropy usually beats it on all TP levels. Only time I have seen Quietus do more is things that have high def. Quietus is good for making darkness I suppose.

On a side note though, Spinning Slash for me at 2000 TP was always doing 4-6k lol Seems Cross Reaper and Spinning Slash are okay alternatives at greater than 2000 TP in my experiences.
By Armangetto 2014-06-20 15:51:35  
Have they done any testing on scourge yet? I don't think I found any info on it on the bg ws thread.
 Ragnarok.Headache
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Headache 2014-06-20 16:17:43  
I played around with it a little and it seems to do way worse than reso/torcleaver. Didnt do actual testing, just what i saw.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-20 22:10:28  
The pattern I'm seeing is that it seems SE is trying to encourage more skillchaining by allowing the non-main WS's to scale well beyond 100TP so if you have to wait a few seconds your not taking a big hit in your output. The SC damage from an unresistable Light/Dark should now more then makeup for any damage loss from having to go at 150 instead of 100.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-06-21 03:05:48  
Today I augmented Ejekamal Boots with Haste Snapshot +2 and STR+8 augments. I prefer to use Xaddi feet for my tp build for the store tp (and the extra defensive stats) so I use it for Resolution only.

I have seen comments about Otomi Helm being the best WS piece now? I can imagine it being great for Resolution over Yaoyotl unless acc really matters.

With the Torcleaver talks, it got me thinking about Quiahuiz helm (which I just got today), and wondered if it would be worth putting a VIT augment on there for Torcleaver? Just a thought.

Any other 115 gear with good possibilities for DRK?

Also if anyone has an updated Torcleaver set I would appreciate it.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-06-23 04:45:28  
Have people adjusted the formula for TP gain/hit in relation to Delay?

I did a quick testing to check what sTP values I now need in my Ragnarok X-hit sets. The sTP requirement is now significantly lower.

Ragnarok: delay 431, no sTP: 122 TP per swing.
My old FFXI calculator showed 11(~110) TP per hit under the same conditions.

Quick math and I only need 42 sTP to 6-hit with Tor (was just messing around), WS'ing in 10 sTP, which means 27 sTP in TP gear.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-06-23 23:04:29  
I wonder if there is any potential in AM3(Liberator) Cross Reaper via fishing for multi hit procs.

Is there a list of all the consolidated TP multipliers at the varying 1000/2000/3000 levels?
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2014-06-23 23:10:31  
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/121610-Rehauled-Weapon-Skills-tier-lists?p=6144032&viewfull=1#post6144032
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-06-24 01:56:32  
Thanks.
By Fafnir 2014-06-30 11:14:36  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Thanks Zeig, I just wanted to know so I could start farming items for Caladbolg.

If I had to guess, you would idealy want to start a big fight with a 300 tp scourge then spam Torcleaver, but Reso was boosted quite well too, but if Torcleaver can do very similar numbers then I can demerit Reso.

Ninja Edit: Skillchains have always been fun, even in the Magic Burst days :) I am praying that Reso is just a weapon skill for those DRKs new to high level, because farming the items for Torcleaver is much more time consuming and should be rewarded.

The new ftp values have been pushed to the DRK DPS spread, this includes both scythe and greatsword.

As for the Resolution/Torcleaver debate, if these ftp values are accurate (Studio gobli lists the ftp lower than the numbers moten posted), then Torcleaver is the stronger ws. It should outperform Resolution in almost all situations, the exception being when Souleater is active.

Caladbolg still falls short of Ragnarok, and an OAT Kaquljan is looking like the strongest option for fodder content now.

I have some updated Torcleaver sets posted if you want to take a look, the gear really isn't much different from Resolution.

Edit: Embedded sets.

Normal
ItemSet 325359

Mid-Acc
ItemSet 325361

High-Acc
ItemSet 325362
[+]
By volkom 2014-06-30 11:47:46  
Whats better for torcleaver then since it does have an insanely high ftp value? the elemental belt/gorgets or things items with +vit like apathy gorget?
By Sieha1 2014-06-30 13:00:30  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
The pattern I'm seeing is that it seems SE is trying to encourage more skillchaining by allowing the non-main WS's to scale well beyond 100TP so if you have to wait a few seconds your not taking a big hit in your output. The SC damage from an unresistable Light/Dark should now more then makeup for any damage loss from having to go at 150 instead of 100.

So now you say skillchaining is worth it... lol.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-06-30 13:23:10  
Thanks Fafnir! Gives me something to aim for. I only have to do Isgebind stage and the trials before carabosse then I will have the WS. Felt I might as well build the empy just to add to the DRK collection ;)

Edit; Wouldn't Quiahuz Helm with VIT augment be better?
By minikomby 2014-06-30 13:54:19  
Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
ADL is lower content but I did 2 10k insurgencies using Lib back to back. Cata also ranged 5-8k for me last night on apoc.

AM can trigger during Ws with Libertator, please specific if AM was up or no and Buffs
By Fafnir 2014-06-30 14:00:53  
volkom said: »
Whats better for torcleaver then since it does have an insanely high ftp value? the elemental belt/gorgets or things items with +vit like apathy gorget?

Tweaked sets a little, I overlooked some neck/waist options.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-06-30 14:02:02  
Fafnir said: »

Tweaked sets a little, I overlooked some neck/waist options.

Fallen +1 still beat Quiahuiz with VIT augment?
By Fafnir 2014-06-30 14:07:24  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Thanks Fafnir! Gives me something to aim for. I only have to do Isgebind stage and the trials before carabosse then I will have the WS. Felt I might as well build the empy just to add to the DRK collection ;)

Edit; Wouldn't Quiahuz Helm with VIT augment be better?

Augmented Quihuz should be VIT+30, STR+22, Atk.+ 20, right? Fallen+1 still beats that in all situations.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-06-30 14:21:02  
Ok I thought so, just saw someone using it in a different set. Guess i'll use Quiahuiz until I get the head 119.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-06-30 14:26:18  
I followed the link to see torcleavers ftp values but er unless I'm being blind I couldn't see them, now some one told me resos 2.25 at 3k tp so assuming 5 hits 11.25 overall torcleaver doesn't scale that high surely?

For me the use I get out of torcleaver is to make a double light skillchain. I have not seen tor beat my resolutions but it's a solid WS and worth using now for the double light combos though.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-30 14:32:54  
Torcleaver's 3000% fTP is inconclusive, but it's fairly similar to an identically executed Resolution.

Assuming reasonably favorable pDIF, you'll probably always be better off using Torcleaver if you're actively skillchaining, and Resolution if you're not
By Fafnir 2014-06-30 14:38:48  
BGWiki has been updated with the new values, with links to relevant forum posts with testing. You can check them out here(Resolution) and here (Torcleaver)
By volkom 2014-06-30 14:42:27  
is there a breakdown on how much atk is for 1 vit in terms of the damage output ?(considering if you're trying to min/max it)
so is using an apathy gorget a thing of the past if you compare it to tjukurrpa medal?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-30 16:11:13  
Fafnir said: »
BGWiki has been updated with the new values, with links to relevant forum posts with testing. You can check them out here(Resolution) and here (Torcleaver)

And as I said, Torcleaver's 3000% fTP values are still inconclusive
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-30 16:11:52  
is there a breakdown on how much atk is for 1 vit in terms of the damage output ?(considering if you're trying to min/max it)
so is using an apathy gorget a thing of the past if you compare it to tjukurrpa medal?

Your desired attack levels are going to vary wildly by target
By maldini 2014-07-25 15:18:31  
What does the ideal cross reaper set look like now?