日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Samurai Ultimate Weapon
Samurai Ultimate Weapon
First Page 2 3 4
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Deathnought 2014-06-26 10:30:39  
So the only info I could find was from 2012, much has changed since then. Amano 119 still king? Or is Masamune 119 worth looking at? Also mythic?

Any help and info/testing would be appreciated.

Thank-you so much!
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-06-26 10:39:09  
Kogarasumaru. It is way ahead of Amano and Masamune. However, the Delve great katana, Tsurumaru, is an excellent weapon, especially under Ionis, and easy to get.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-26 10:58:35  
Unless you can maintain AM3, even with the recent changes Koga isn't ahead by much. If you can maintain AM3 (and have a clue how to) Koga wins by a lot. In SoA zones, Tsuru is the easiest to do top tier damage. Amano wins when accuracy is more than a hair under cap, and masamune is a solid weapon outside Adoulin when you don't need accuracy or can't maintain AM3.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-06-26 12:11:31  
Utimate weapon? Hands down koga. Any other answer is just beating around the bush, especially after this update.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-26 12:47:50  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Unless you can maintain AM3, even with the recent changes Koga isn't ahead by much. If you can maintain AM3 (and have a clue how to) Koga wins by a lot. In SoA zones, Tsuru is the easiest to do top tier damage. Amano wins when accuracy is more than a hair under cap, and masamune is a solid weapon outside Adoulin when you don't need accuracy or can't maintain AM3.

There are almost no situations where you can't do overall more damage whilst maintaining AM3.

Koga is king, tsurumaru is best of the rest, amano and masa are not worth investing in at all. Yoichi still has uses because Apex is terrible.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-26 12:50:20  
Hagun!
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
サーバ: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-06-26 12:53:08  
Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »

There are almost no situations where you can't do overall more damage whilst maintaining AM3.

Koga is king, tsurumaru is best of the rest, amano and masa are not worth investing in at all. Yoichi still has uses because Apex is terrible.

I would have to disagree. Masamune is probably the best after Koga since you are spamming Fudo now, it's native WS.

I understand that it's slightly harder to play with and maintain, but it should be slightly ahead of Tsu.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong.. But I just don't see it.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-06-26 12:54:56  

AM3 is fairly easy to maintain on samurai, with a little practice.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-06-26 13:04:11  
people eating paint chips as kids is not funny everyone.....

in order of utility/use masamune will be at bottom for everything.

Koga if owned will ALWAYS be best, accuracy from amano can be nice, but look at the buff in accuracy from gear we get from 119, its not hard to get close to 1k+ acc on SAM even with Tsumaru, the only thing where acc is majorly needed is Mithra AA which "lolwhoneedsdatanymore"

Koga > Tsumaru > Amano > Masamune
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-26 13:10:47  
Apparently they gave us unresisted sc damage so we could keep up with mnk, we should all be thankfull to Pchan for posting his damage calculation and have mnk and pup on top of everything else on official forum.

Also if you wanna make a 119 wpn for sam, make koga or use tsurumaru anything else isn't worth the effort.
[+]
 Sylph.Marvolous
user: marvo
By Sylph.Marvolous 2014-06-26 13:19:28  
Unless you can maintain AM3

If you have a Koga and can't maintain AM3 properly, drop your weapon and play MNK.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-26 13:23:22  
Asura.Reichleiu said: »
If I'm wrong I'm wrong.. But I just don't see it.

You are wrong.

Masamune is the most useless of SAM's RME choices
[+]
By Chyula 2014-06-26 13:36:19  
WKR GKT with OAT and STP Augment.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-26 13:46:17  

Agreed, but if someone has Amano or Masa 99 but no Koga, there is little reason NOT to take them to 119 unless they are already building Koga. They are still great weapons, they just aren't Koga.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2014-06-26 13:46:46  
Valefor.Mattyc said: »
people eating paint chips as kids is not funny everyone.....

in order of utility/use masamune will be at bottom for everything.

Koga if owned will ALWAYS be best, accuracy from amano can be nice, but look at the buff in accuracy from gear we get from 119, its not hard to get close to 1k+ acc on SAM even with Tsumaru, the only thing where acc is majorly needed is Mithra AA which "lolwhoneedsdatanymore"

Koga > Tsumaru > Amano > Masamune

Not sure if troll! Masamune is really not the bottom out of that and I'm not just saying that just because I have one lol. Masamune with aftermath up trumps on Tsurumaru and especially after the last update the +20STR it holds; that extra boost definitely helps way more than it did before. Without the aftermath on it is of course a lot closer.

These weapons are used in different situations. It's already been said but:

Amano for acc situations and no aftermath is required to be kept up for this. The extra damage on hits is a nice bonus which also doesn't require aftermath. Since Koga requires AM1 to get +acc you won't be getting that AM3 which makes the weapon useful compared to any other offensive GK in the first place.

Koga with AM3 pretty much is as people say, the best weapon in capped acc situations... That occasionally attacks twice/thrice really is a strong feature to have.

Masamune is sure as not awful as most people seem to make it out to be... The 50% double damage with AM3 is very solid and the +20 STR is a very nice addition to all your weapons skills. While I'm still sour mouthed over what SE did and gave Fudo out to all weapons (probably will be forever), Masamune doesn't really fall behind much at all after that update and it definitely beats Tsuru unless you're using a bow. I very frequently play with Koga SAMs and according to parses, yes Koga IS better but it really isn't by much at all if you keep your Masamune AM3 up.

Tsurumaru if you don't fancy getting any of the above or if you're using a bow.

I'd personally say:

Amano (low acc) > Koga > Masamune > Tsurumaru > Amano

I have no idea how Amano high acc fares since I haven't seen it in action since Delve replaced all REMs so it could even be ahead of Tsurumaru for all I know.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-26 13:50:41  
Cerberus.Weissberv said: »
Words

Lolno
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-26 13:51:32  
AM1(no idea why you'd be holding for AM3 on Masa) doesn't outweigh a complete disregard for what you Fudo in or the larger potential for overflow
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-26 13:52:11  
Agreed, but if someone has Amano or Masa 99 but no Koga, there is little reason NOT to take them to 119 unless they are already building Koga. They are still great weapons, they just aren't Koga.

Obviously, but there was never any reference to people who already own other weapons so that's an irrelevant point.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2014-06-26 13:52:17  
Lolno

Aw some Koga user is butthurt. Get real.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-26 13:52:42  
Aw some Masa user is completely wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-26 13:54:24  
Lolno

Do you think masamune is worth making right now?
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-26 13:54:39  
Lolno

I've said Amano is useless too and I have that at 119, clearly I am unable to think straight with all this regret for not doing Masa to 119.

I can tell just from you longer post that you are not somebody to be seeking advice from.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-26 13:55:38  
And I have none of the three, so I'm clearly most objective and authoritative on the subject
[+]
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-26 13:56:56  
I know someone who has all three and is a complete idiot, we should wait for his opinion before making a decision.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2014-06-26 13:58:33  
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »

How exactly am I wrong? You're probably going to pull out the "on paper" stuff, right? I've seen all three REMs and Tsurumaru very frequently used in a large amount of situations and non of which Koga has appeared to completely dominated any of those. I did say Koga is better for damage, however you're making out that Masamune is completely useless... which it isn't because it has trumped every Tsurumaru user I've seen and have yet to be proven wrong that Tsurumaru is indeed the better weapon.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-26 13:59:13  

How exactly am I wrong? You're probably going to pull out the "on paper" stuff, right?

lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2014-06-26 13:59:50  
Asura.Ccl said: »
Lolno

Do you think masamune is worth making right now?

No probably not. You'd still make a Koga of course considering the prices of both. I made mine in the Voidwatch era so it was a bit cheaper than the mythic.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-26 14:02:01  

How exactly am I wrong? You're probably going to pull out the "on paper" stuff, right? I've seen all three REMs and Tsurumaru very frequently used in a large amount of situations and non of which Koga has appeared to completely dominated any of those. I did say Koga is better for damage, however you're making out that Masamune is completely useless... which it isn't because it has trumped every Tsurumaru user I've seen and have yet to be proven wrong that Tsurumaru is indeed the better weapon.

You're totally right, we need more people like you, we also can't keep up with monk, sam is so bad right now :/
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-06-26 14:02:03  

whoever was using that Koga was a tool.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-26 14:02:20  
And I have none of the three, so I'm clearly most objective and authoritative on the subject
If you don't have it you can't know anything about it! It's like the #1 rule of gear comparison!

The #2 is: did you consider feelings in your math?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4