フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Can there be a setting
Can there be a setting
First Page 2
 Valefor.Tsurara
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Hinamori
By Valefor.Tsurara 2014-06-27 10:36:11  
An optional setting that users can use to block threads on the front page? People can voluntarily block sections or voluntarily leave them unblocked, but I'm getting sick and tired of seeing the liberal bias on this website. I don't click the threads, but seeing their titles is enough to piss me off. I think it'd be nice if users who come to this site have the option to choose what sections show up on the front page (as in to to settings and put a filter up)

I can't stand looking at it anymore, and I'm on the verge of not coming back to this website if this is all that goes on.
 Leviathan.Matteh
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-06-27 10:43:09  
A forum filtering option so the user can decide what shows up on the front page under forums would be nice. Other sites have it but idk what coding FFXIAH uses. I think they hard coded their own forum.
 Valefor.Tsurara
By Valefor.Tsurara 2014-06-27 10:46:43  
I just want to come onto the site and not get upset seeing some kind of thread bashing conservatives or whatever liberals are against. Seriously it's getting to the point I'm using FFXIAH less and less and I'm sure others are the same way.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-06-27 10:47:09  
Valefor.Tsurara said: »
seeing their titles is enough to piss me off

sounds like a personal problem...
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2014-06-27 10:50:55  
This has been requested in the past several times and the general answer has been: no.

The purpose of the front page is to show the last made posts. Obviously not going into the threads you don't want to read is the easiest solution. You mentioned that just seeing them irks you but honestly... that's your own issue to deal with. There are plenty of non-political related threads being made, plenty of... FFXI related threads, and plenty of conservative biased stuff as well.

I can't speak for Scragg in any way at all, but I'd say it is very unlikely you will see the feature you are looking for being implemented.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-06-27 10:51:11  
Siren.Mosin said: »
seeing their titles is enough to piss me off

sounds like a personal problem...
A big one too... The title of a thread pisses you off? lol...
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2014-06-27 10:52:41  
You might have a rage issue if....

Get over it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-06-27 10:53:56  
Overall just enjoy seeing the booby avatars. =)
 Valefor.Tsurara
By Valefor.Tsurara 2014-06-27 10:55:24  
Bismarck.Patrik said: »
This has been requested in the past several times and the general answer has been: no.

The purpose of the front page is to show the last made posts. Obviously not going into the threads you don't want to read is the easiest solution. You mentioned that just seeing them irks you but honestly... that's your own issue to deal with. There are plenty of non-political related threads being made, plenty of... FFXI related threads, and plenty of conservative biased stuff as well.

I can't speak for Scragg in any way at all, but I'd say it is very unlikely you will see the feature you are looking for being implemented.

So it's ok for the ones who don't want to see be unable to block it? That's in my opinion some really bad moderation especially if the threads are made to bait people (Don't act like it isn't done, it's done all the time to lure people out to have 'debates' when in truth these are just pisskickings)

I hardly ever touch a P&R thread because of this, but that's all I can do. I can't keep myself from seeing these absurd threads and yet there's no way to negotiate a possible way for those WHO ARENT INTERESTED AT ALL IN POLITICS from seeing the threads we don't want to see? I'm sorry, I must be a straight up 'tard then, because what I'm asking for is unreasonable.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-06-27 10:59:22  
What we're saying is that you have issues of your own that you should work out before coming down on anyone else if you can't come to a forum without being angered by seeing the title of a thread.

You have a choice! A choice not to venture into a crazy thread! A choice to not come to this site because simple things make the anger rise deep within you! I guess you also have the right to complain but seriously lol...
 Leviathan.Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-06-27 10:59:30  
P&R Thread spam = slow and boring day in XI. When new stuff gets added then you see a bunch of Posts all about the new stuff. Its always sorta been that way >.> but most that do visit use the site mostly for item look up and such
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2014-06-27 11:05:29  
Silly question: How do you handle the rest of the internet if you have issues seeing the titles of threads and articles that make you angry, or things that you don’t agree with?
[+]
 Valefor.Tsurara
By Valefor.Tsurara 2014-06-27 11:15:57  
Siren.Kuz said: »
Silly question: How do you handle the rest of the internet if you have issues seeing the titles of threads and articles that make you angry, or things that you don’t agree with?

It's simple, I ignore it because I don't -need- the site, just like I don't need -this- site. It's easy, just log out and not come back.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-06-27 11:16:16  

Well, they might just avoid other sites where that stuff gets brought up. No one really comes to FFXIAH expecting

WOULD LIBERALS ABORT BABY JESUS!?

on the front page.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-27 11:18:47  
I guess the OP has selective sight and just ignores all of Altima and KN's threads, or maybe they just get closed too fast and he doesn't see them. Either way, funny complaint.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2014-06-27 11:19:09  
I ignore it

There's your answer. solution. Grats
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-27 11:20:45  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I guess the OP has selective sight and just ignores all of Altima and KN's threads, or maybe they just get closed too fast and he doesn't see them. Either way, funny complaint.
Somebody has a mancrush on me.

Get in line with Pleebo, Jet, Ihina, and the rest of the fools.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-06-27 11:21:13  
Phoenix.Baelorn said: »

Well, they might just avoid other sites where that stuff gets brought up. No one really comes to FFXIAH expecting

WOULD LIBERALS ABORT BABY JESUS!?

on the front page.
They probably haven't been on the site in the past four years then... at least... This is nothing new...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-06-27 11:22:22  

It's simple, I ignore it because I don't -need- the site, just like I don't need -this- site. It's easy, just log out and not come back.
If you felt the need to make a thread telling the world about your anger for it... doesn't really sound like you're acheiving that state of mind where you can ignore things lol...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-27 11:22:42  
On topic though:

Most of the posters here are left or left-leaning. Even a couple of mods.

You are going to see a lot of left and left-leaning threads here.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-06-27 11:23:14  
can someone come up with a block setting in rl for all the idiots I run into on a daily basis???

plzkthxbai
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-27 11:23:17  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Somebody has a mancrush on me.

Get in line with Pleebo, Jet, Ihina, and the rest of the fools.

Nice fantasy but no. What happened to your last spam thread?
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-06-27 11:23:35  
It's easy, just log out and not come back.
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-06-27 11:25:11  
I don't care if it stays on the frontpage or not. It is easy to ignore. But it is a cesspool of stupidity that seems to be frequented by wannabe Debate Majors and the site wouldn't lose anything by getting rid of the sub-forum entirely.

It's also funny how every person arguing against the change is a frequent spammerposter in that sub-forum.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-06-27 11:28:27  
I don't care if it stays on the frontpage or not. It is easy to ignore. But it is a cesspool of stupidity that seems to be frequented by wannabe Debate Majors and the site wouldn't lose anything by getting rid of the sub-forum entirely. It's also funny how every person arguing against the change is a frequent spammerposter in that sub-forum.

Well who do you expect to defend it? People who never go there and have no interest in it?
 Phoenix.Studboy
user: Studboy
By Phoenix.Studboy 2014-06-27 11:29:31  
I am in agreement with the OP. I logged on to FFXIAH today and saw this thread "Can there be a setting" and I was like "WHY DO WE HAVE TO KEEP TAKING THE SIDE OF THE SETTINGS?!"
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-06-27 11:29:56  
arguing against the change

nah you're way off, idgaf if things get changed, I just want to mock you two.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2014-06-27 11:37:54  
It's simple, I ignore it

well holy ***, I found your answer ... but ... wait ... you sa...

oh my god! IT'S A MIRACLE
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-06-27 11:53:07  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I don't care if it stays on the frontpage or not. It is easy to ignore. But it is a cesspool of stupidity that seems to be frequented by wannabe Debate Majors and the site wouldn't lose anything by getting rid of the sub-forum entirely. It's also funny how every person arguing against the change is a frequent spammerposter in that sub-forum.

Well who do you expect to defend it? People who never go there and have no interest in it?

If it had any kind of value I think they would. If someone wanted to get rid of the WAR forums I would argue against it because it is relevant and adds something to the site. Even if it doesn't add it for me. The problem with P&R is that the only people who seem to care about it use it for spamming, inflammatory arguments, or click-bait that would make BuzzFeed uncomfortable.

Like I said, its continued existence doesn't bother me(despite me seeing no value in it) but you can't deny that it is creating an issue. We've seen multiple threads like this one pop up. Why not just make it so the average user doesn't have to be annoyed by it? If you're worried about "censorship" make it an opt-in setting.

I don't see how that is something that needs to be so vehemently protested by the users of P&R.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-27 11:58:46  
I don't see how that is something that needs to be so vehemently protested by the users of P&R.

I don't see anyone protesting the change at all, looks like everyone is just laughing at the OP.
[+]
First Page 2