Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Delve
Delve
By kithaofcerb 2014-07-23 23:05:12  
Hello folks,

I've been away from the game for the last month, and I'm returning in a couple days. I noticed some cool updates for RDM, has this made them useful/required for delve or other endgame stuff? Also is the typical delve setup still 6 people or has it changed due to these RDM changes? Any responses help.

Thanks folks
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-23 23:17:25  
kithaofcerb said: »
Hello folks,

I've been away from the game for the last month, and I'm returning in a couple days. I noticed some cool updates for RDM, has this made them useful/required for delve or other endgame stuff? Also is the typical delve setup still 6 people or has it changed due to these RDM changes? Any responses help.

Thanks folks

It's useful but rarely used compared to other buffers since it doesn't fully replace them in very many party setups.
By kithaofcerb 2014-07-23 23:24:12  
Odin.Jassik said: »
kithaofcerb said: »
Hello folks,

Thanks folks

It's useful but rarely used compared to other buffers since it doesn't fully replace them in very many party setups.

So Haste2 isn't worth adding another 65k hp (I think?) to whatever boss you're fighting? I'm just wondering how much a RDM can increase a group's DPS in terms of assisting in curing and buffing/debuffing.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-23 23:28:21  
The playerbase doesn't seem to think so, but why would you bring an extra body hoping it offsets the weight it adds? I love RDM, my friends even let me play it sometimes, but it's only real advantage is in lowman BC's like VD celestial nexus. RDM can help heal and haste2/refresh PLD, Flurry the RNG's, and nuke fetters. And even then, it's not really much better than SCH.
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-23 23:32:01  
I have my mule RDM Delve 1.0 for Haste and solo stunning opposed to bringing a SCH just to stun. Could maybe get away covering magic damage portion in 2.0 if set is specialized enough.
By kithaofcerb 2014-07-23 23:32:20  
Only reason is that my friend's cousin plays RDM a lot, so it would be nice to have someone be able to play a job they like instead of having to make them level and gear a whole new job. RDM seemed like it could have potential due to Refresh and all it's new spells. Oh well, guess it will have to just be trial and error.

Thanks for your speedy responses
By kithaofcerb 2014-07-24 00:30:53  
Bismarck.Inference said: »
I have my mule RDM Delve 1.0 for Haste and solo stunning opposed to bringing a SCH just to stun. Could maybe get away covering magic damage portion in 2.0 if set is specialized enough.

I guess I missed this post
Is there a noticeable difference between a RDM and SCH stunning? What I mean is could RDM replace SCH in that role or is that ridiculous?
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-24 00:40:43  
With Haste II on yourself its pretty easy to hit 9 second recast time with minimal gearing(even easier if you have a BRD for single march).

With that, I have no problem stunning all TP moves from any mega boss, and most of the lesser NMs with the exception of Peiste who sometimes just readies back to back too quickly, and Kurma where I pretty much just ignore everything non-Tremors(though I imagine Kurma wouldn't be a problem since even with exceptional reaction time Song/Stomp/Harden Shell will get through so he resets TP occasionally).

The only real downside is if we screw up Tojil or something I'll run into resist problems before a SCH would, but Haste II frees up an extra BRD song and makes my WHM's job a bit easier(even more brownie points if I'm paying enough attention to keep Distract II up). So yes, we bring RDM in place of SCH and it works just fine.

Edit: These are normally 5-person runs, 2 DD/WHM/RDM/BRD. Occasionally we go with a 6th as 3rd DD if they happen to be on.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-24 00:43:17  
I'll often do Tojil with 7-8 people, with a rdm and maybe a geo in the second party.

It's far easier for a rdm to manage haste cycles than a whm. 3 minutes is annoyingly short, whereas Rdm can get 6 minute hastes with Composure. If there's a sch for stunning, losing Marches isn't nearly as bad if you still have Haste II on. Plus that means the brd doesn't have to special case the sch songs, and can just ballad+ballad+march for both the sch and the whm.

With Distract II, there should never be any issue of needing Madrigal, even with weaker DD gear sets.

With both of the above, the brd thus doesn't need either a second March or a Madrigal, which means all remaining songs after the first March can go to Minuets. That should be worth at least another 70 attack (about +5% damage).

If there's no cor (as there often isn't in 6-man groups), Dia III provides an extra 5% def down (about +6% damage, or +7% with a geo doing def down).

The rdm can heavily enfeeble NMs (para/slow/silence), making everyone's lives easier. Fewer attacks means both less for the whm to heal, and less time stunned (in the case of Tojil) for the DDs, which improves their damage.

And if they're bored with nothing else to do, they can add extra damage with nukes.

Basically, a perfect group certainly doesn't need it, but it vastly improves the safety net of an imperfect group (as pick-ups tend to be), and even for a perfect group, it just makes the run less of a hassle. Since I'm the one that often has to deal with the 'hassle' side of things, I'm always happy to take one along.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-24 00:57:29  
RDM: KING OF THE LAB!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Hyriu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2014-07-24 01:03:13  
I use RDM instead of SCH in Delve 1.0 and Yorcia now.
By kithaofcerb 2014-07-24 09:22:40  
Thanks all for your replies.
The message I seem to be getting is that a half decent RDM can add a lot to a party, so I don't see any harm doing delve with 8 people instead of 6. I'll have to try it out with a few friends when I get back online, but it seems like RDM's "situational" uses are opening up a bit.