言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » White Mage » Cure Cast VS Fast Cast
Cure Cast VS Fast Cast
First Page 2
By Luthiene 2014-09-27 11:04:19  
Hey guys,

I was wondering about mixing -Cure Casting Gear with Fast Cast. Do we just add the numbers together to obtain 80% Fast Cast or is there a more complex formula to it?

Also, in order to obtain the recast reduction of Fast Cast Gear, does it need to be equipped when the spell goes off or will having it only during precast be enough?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Leoge
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Leoge
By Asura.Leoge 2014-09-27 12:11:19  
Cure Cast and Fast Cast are additive for the -80% Casting Cap. In order to lower recast, you would need to be wearing the fast cast and/or haste gear at the end to lower the recast. Cure Casting time down does nothing for recast.

SCH in Light arts is -10% FC
Merits in Cure Casting Time is -20% Cure Casting Time

That's -50% more you need to find in equipment.
 Bismarck.Marmite
サーバ: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-09-27 12:18:00  
I don't actually use any -cure casting gear on white mage. Here is my cure precast set:

/sch (Light Arts), Merits, Orison Locket, Orvail pants, Impatiens, Ogapepo Cape, Gendewitha hands, Prolix Ring, Veneficium Ring, Loq. Earring, Winged Wand, Chelona Boots, Nahtirah Hat, Anhur Robe and Witful Belt.

This nets me with -80% cure casting time, but also with the benefit of -35% recast and 8% occ. quickens spellcasting.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-09-27 12:29:20  
Well if you use gearswap with precast and midcast sets, you always land cures in midcast, even on a occ. quickens proc. If you don't use it, however, occ quickens becomes less useful.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-09-27 12:44:49  
Asura.Leoge said: »
Cure Cast and Fast Cast are additive for the -80% Casting Cap. In order to lower recast, you would need to be wearing the fast cast and/or haste gear at the end to lower the recast. Cure Casting time down does nothing for recast.

Light Arts should never be counted into a total Cure casting time cap, since Light Arts and Dark Arts effects break the caps on the spells they work on.

The only things you should take into consideration when trying to build for capped casting time are Cure Cast merits and Fast Cast job trait from /rdm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-09-27 12:51:03  
Josiahkf said: »
Occasionally quickens spellcasting on whm can be a double edged sword though, since most things you'll cast would rather get the cureskin and potency boost

Nevermind the fact now we have acerbic sash+1, not having to rely on witful anymore

Only if you use two sets, if you combine all stats into the same set as the OQS piece you will get the affect of everything. but with /sch and capped casting time, OQS on cure is becoming more and more obsolete. It's a difference between 90% casting time and 100% casting time. Don't get me wrong, it's still a benefit. Just not as noticeable with maxed casting time + Light Arts.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-27 12:57:01  
Bismarck.Marmite said: »
I don't actually use any -cure casting gear on white mage. Here is my cure precast set:

/sch (Light Arts), Merits, Orison Locket, Orvail pants, Impatiens, Ogapepo Cape, Gendewitha hands, Prolix Ring, Veneficium Ring, Loq. Earring, Winged Wand, Chelona Boots, Nahtirah Hat, Anhur Robe and Witful Belt.

This nets me with -80% cure casting time, but also with the benefit of -35% recast and 8% occ. quickens spellcasting.

This made me sad, Orvail pants, really?

AF3+2 legs is Cast time and 5% cured converted to MP......
By Luthiene 2014-09-27 12:57:04  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Light Arts should never be counted into a total Cure casting time cap, since Light Arts and Dark Arts effects break the caps on the spells they work on.

The only things you should take into consideration when trying to build for capped casting time are Cure Cast merits and Fast Cast job trait from /rdm.

Is this true? So I can make a fast cast set for cures that reaches 80%, and when I pop Light Arts, that will raise up to 90%?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-27 13:01:55  
Luthiene said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Is this true? So I can make a fast cast set for cures that reaches 80%, and when I pop Light Arts, that will raise up to 90%?

No.

JA's break the cap, a continious effect is not considered a ja in this instance, alacrity can with with dark arts and weather effect up for corresponding spell element.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Light_Arts

Explains how /sch works.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/109412-Regen-Spells-amp-Light-Arts?p=5067176

Explains how it impacts Regen durations.

If this was the case sch/blm no ja would have a better recast/fc than RDM which it doesn't.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-27 13:04:58  
Cure Cast time does not affect recast.
Fastcast and cure cast time must be worn in Precast - when you start casting to take effect
Fastcast only affects recast time if worn when spell is finished casting.

Haste has a bigger effect on recast than fastcast does as 10% FC is halfed for recast to 5% where as 5% haste is always 5% recast.

you can get 25.6 % haste on gear haste wise before it caps out.
By Luthiene 2014-09-27 13:12:51  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Fastcast and cure cast time must be worn in Precast - when you start casting to take effect

Haste has a bigger effect on recast than fastcast does as 10% FC is halfed for recast to 5% where as 5% haste is always 5% recast.

Thanks for explaining this. All sets I've seen that people have for precast, neglect cure casting time and stack fast cast instead. I guess it just comes down to preference? Why do people not use Cure Clogs still then? I guess WHM has tons of ways to reach the cure casting cap. Now, I'll have to make a potency set that also has 26% haste to maximize those recasts.
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-09-27 13:16:17  

Why? What don't you understand about it being a precast set? Obviously AF3+2 mp return is calculated once you have cured...
As for the -healing magic time on them, I don't need it as I'm capped at -80%.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-27 13:19:05  
Luthiene said: »

Thanks for explaining this. All sets I've seen that people have for precast, neglect cure casting time and stack fast cast instead. I guess it just comes down to preference? Why do people not use Cure Clogs still then? I guess WHM has tons of ways to reach the cure casting cap. Now, I'll have to make a potency set that also has 26% haste to maximize those recasts.

My sets were updated a few months ago are are decent I'd guess.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36540/on-healing-hands-a-comprehensive-whm-guide/16/#2693283

I posted my sets sometime ago, not an all in one set but they work.

You can assign Macroset1 to Precast have in line 2 this

/ma "cure IV" <stal> Until you seleect and confirm the target it wont send command line 3 to ask for midcast gear (making all in one sets gimp on any machine)

/macroset3 on line 3

~~~

My genbu shield has potency and cast time augments on it.
My mending cape came from incursion and has healing skill and Potency on it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-27 13:20:48  

Why? What don't you understand about it being a precast set? Obviously AF3+2 mp return is calculated once you have cured...
As for the -healing magic time on them, I don't need it as I'm capped at -80%.

A piece that does both jobs in one go and macrosets negated any excuse for an all in one set.

Merits are better spent in other catagories and the additional precast time on pants makes them invaluable when you factor this in against the 5% Fastcast on orvail.
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-09-27 13:32:31  
Clueless, did you even read my post? It's a cure precast set. I use AF3+2 to precast na spells of course, but it's not needed in cure precast at all.

Nice enjoy those regen merits, I'll enjoy the extra -2.5% recast on my cure spells, have capped cure casting time and still get mp back from af3+2 when my cure lands.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-09-27 13:40:01  
It's a cure precast set.

[...]

I'll enjoy the extra -2.5% recast on my cure spells, have capped cure casting time and still get mp back from af3+2 when my cure lands.

Did you mean to say that having Orvail Pants (+1) in your precast set affects recast timers when the spell actually fires, at which time you're wearing Orison Pantaloons +2 already?

Am I missing something crucial?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-27 14:10:44  
Serious business in here.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-27 14:24:54  
Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
It's a cure precast set.

[...]

I'll enjoy the extra -2.5% recast on my cure spells, have capped cure casting time and still get mp back from af3+2 when my cure lands.

Did you mean to say that having Orvail Pants (+1) in your precast set affects recast timers when the spell actually fires, at which time you're wearing Orison Pantaloons +2 already?

Am I missing something crucial?

Yes he has failed to understand how fastcast works.

FASTCAST ONLY AFFECTS RECAST TIMERS IF THE FASTCAST ITEM IS EQUIPPED WHEN SPELL IS FINISHED CASTING

THERE IS no 2.5% RECAST TIMER FROM ORVAIL IF THEY ARE IN PRECAST ONLY

ENJOY SUCKING.

End rant.

Lets ALSO FOR THE POINT OF DEBATE suggest you use Orvail as inventory -1 compared to of Idw Artsieq hose which are 5% Fastcast and haste and one of the BEST MAGIC ACCUACRY PIECES YOU CAN GET, so yes, orvail is Very very very sad ~ they're only really acceptable for someone who is completely new trying to get ready for their first set of delves really ~ But your set relied on the 10% fast cast hat from Muyingwa, so yes this is sad.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-27 14:44:20  
A Good precast to cap is VERY easy to get

Cure clogs - 15%
Heka Body -15%
Gendeiwtha Gages -5%
Genbu's Shield -7%
Nares Hat (easier than a Delve win to get) -10% (52%)
Orison Pantaloons +2 -12% (64%) Close now and lots of options available!
Pahtli Cape - 8% 72%

assuming you're /sch which does not break the 80% cap, you are capped on Casttime.

7 pieces of gear required vs 13 pieces of gear? Yes -5 Inventory achieved! Arguable if you use Gearswap then the instant cast stuff is useful sorta, but 80% FC on precast on a spell that takes 0.2 to cast is somewhat useless arguably apart from talking about purely recast.
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-09-27 14:59:44  
No need to cry about it. I assumed both calculations for fast cast were done at the same time. They are not, no big deal, have a beer.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-27 14:59:54  

Cure clogs - 15%
Heka Body -15%
Gendeiwtha Gages -5%
Genbu's Shield -7%
Pahtli Cape - 8% 72%

assuming you're /sch which does not break the 80% cap, you are capped on Casttime.

7 pieces of gear required vs 13 pieces of gear? Yes -5 Inventory achieved! Arguable if you use Gearswap then the instant cast stuff is useful sorta, but 80% FC on precast on a spell that takes 0.2 to cast is somewhat useless arguably apart from talking about purely recast.
For the record, gendewitha gages, Both NQ and +1, are +7% fastcast.
~ But your set relied on the 10% fast cast hat from Muyingwa, so yes this is sad.
Perhaps I'm taking this out of context, but is there something wrong with using Nahtirah hat? Note that I'm not disagreeing with the rest of that post. Just wondering If I'm missing an superior alternative or something.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-27 15:07:37  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Just wondering If I'm missing an superior alternative or something.
Well.... *technically* there is Piety Cap for pre-cast with its -12% and -13% with +1ification...
buuuuut..... It's not something that I would say is "better"... more of a sidegrade to it dependent on your own personal taste and other gear as to which you'd use... if any. (cause it's not like getting -80% even requires the head slot)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-27 15:08:31  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Cure clogs - 15%
Heka Body -15%
Gendeiwtha Gages -5%
Genbu's Shield -7%
Pahtli Cape - 8% 72%

For the record, gendewitha gages, Both NQ and +1, are +7% fastcast.
~ But your set relied on the 10% fast cast hat from Muyingwa, so yes this is sad.
Perhaps I'm taking this out of context, but is there something wrong with using Nahtirah hat? Note that I'm not disagreeing with the rest of that post. Just wondering If I'm missing an superior alternative or something.

I had meant 7% I deleted part of it. I was going to add the aug - though I deleted that (clearly not properly!) the 5% aug would negate the need for earring / ring to cap.

nothing wrong with Nahtirah at all, more meaning that a New WHM using Orvail is fine, but if you have a Nahtirah hat then this set assumes you have your Delve wins and there are better FastCast pants than orvail that also do more than one job. IE Artsieq MND / macc augs ~

No need to cry about it. I assumed both calculations for fast cast were done at the same time. They are not, no big deal, have a beer.

Stating assumptions as fact when someone is actually looking for help.

If you don't know for sure, it;s better to keep quiet or ask than to go YES IM RIGHT EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG.

Sorry I do take exception to someone providing incorrect information when trying to say someone else is wrong when they haven't read the wiki pages *(which have been around since before 2007) explaining how this works.

ANy further questions feel free to PM me I'll give actuall correct advice with Links for empirical testing if required.

there is also the healing hands guide which is very comprehensive and explains all of this.

At least you apologized for it though ~

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-27 22:17:35  
Bismarck.Zenim said: »
You were wrong stating gendewitha Gages had 5%, making a similar faulty claim based on your assumption instead of reading the damn gendewitha Gages page, just like he did.

Did you see me scream at you and act like a 5-year old about it?

This is still going? sorry I got bored ~
First Page 2