First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-08-13 11:11:14  
SAM TP

SAM WS

This is what I have setup right now (or will when I get some damn gil)

I'm on a budget so that's why I have cheapish gear (Unless I somehow get millions overnight >.> however unlikely that is)

I just have some missing gear slots that I need some advice, I would rather keep it rather cheap if possible.
 Lakshmi.Avinne
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-08-13 11:22:09  
walahra turban, swift belt (or Vbelt), Rajas ring, Ulthalum's ring... all free :) (for TP)

Alky's bracelets (maybe get lucky on a drop), warwolf belt, rutter sabatons(free)... the pop item for those feet isn't TOO terrible to get in bibiki bay. (for WS)
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-08-13 11:23:49  
lol how could I have forgot about my wally turban >.<.

S. Belt Prolly a more viable option then V. Belt, i'm REALLY close to my Rajas so that's good :)
 Valefor.Usul
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Usul 2009-08-13 11:27:00  
Curious do you have ACP expansion? You can get a decent Ruby ring for free with possible 1 STR or 2 DEX if you're lucky.

Your Askar head is ok to tp in as well, debatable vs turban for tp phase.
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-08-13 11:29:01  
Looks like you have a good start... if you don't have the gil, just takes a little extra time to camp NMs or whatnot for some 'free' items. GL :)
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-08-13 11:31:00  
I've heard bad things about using smilodon for TPing--leveling SAM and asking all the SAMs I know. They keep telling me that even NQ amemet would be better :X
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-08-13 11:33:25  
For TP, I used Empress Hairpin, free +2.5'ish Acc and Eva+10, it's not as good as some options, but in my opinion, it's justifiable until 70 when Optical Hat becomes available. Then at 75, Walahra Turban.

Earrings, stick with the Fang Earring's you have in your WS set for while you're TP'ing. If possible upgrade to Spike (or the cheaper variation, Coral).

Waist, like Avinne said, grab a Swift Belt! It's awesome beyond awesome, only 2 things beat it from what I know, V Belt and N Sash (Good luck with that >_>;)

Feet, try to grab Lv.39 Fuma from the NM in Castle O, Quu Domi I think it is >_> I forget. 3% more haste! Never a bad thing.

Try to get hold of NQ Ame, or even better Ame+1 for Back piece while TP'ing too. Swappable for WS depending on whether you want to or not XD

Now, at 70 you get your final STP Trait, which means you WONT need Shinimusha Haidate to get a 7-hit build.. BUT! You can still make use of it and 2 pieces of Hachiman (using 1 for TP and 2 for WS), to get a 6-hit fully functional 6-hit build. That will put your DOT way up! WS'ing 6-seconds sooner every time, for pretty much the same damage? {Yes, please!}

These are the two sets I use atm:
70 SAM 6-Hit TP Gear
70 SAM 6-Hit WS Gear

These will last until 75, when you can start phasing out the Hachi hands for your 6-hit build. You're really close to getting Rajas Ring, so if possible try to get hold of that, else you'll be stuck using the Hachi Feet in your TP phase too!

(I've just noticed those gearsets are a little outdated, new Rings/Earrings and such, won't make any difference in this sense but still!)

For WS Gear, try to get a Warwolf Belt or a Potent Belt, both are free if you do the KSNM's/Assault for them! ^^

If you're aiming for a Lv.70 6-hit build, your hands are already sorted (Hachiman Kote), otherwise you could pick up a pair of Pallas Bracelets until you get your hands on AF+1 Hands or Alky Bracelets. Personally I prefer the thought of +DEX on AF+1 over the added STR on Alky, but I hear good things about both, it's totally gear dependant.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-13 12:24:30  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=102233

If u get Rajas TP like this, yes Foragers > Ame+1, but more $,

I dont have Rajas, but i have Ultha and Iota ring to TP in, also means i dont use my dusk gloves, w/o Rajas, Hachi hands or feet + shinimusha is enough.

WS like this

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=102234

With Rajas Rutters > Hachi, i have K.Osode, so i Rajas + Feet is enough for Stp, nothinbg overly expensive, i have 2x Flame Ring lol
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 12:45:50  
A bit off topic here maybe, but has anyone seen any hard data where someone has compared NQ Hauby vs. Shura togi to TP in? I've been searching online and all I can find are the usual "Hauby pwns you n00b" retard topics without having seen any verifiable parsing whether one is better than the other, situational, etc. Yes, I already know it's the general consensus of the Samurai community that Hauby is better than just about anything to TP in for Samurai, but I'm more interested to see if anyone has actually compared them side by side numbers-wise.

Sorry forgot to add in response to the original poster, you're gear really doesn't look that bad, but have you given any thought to investing in a Hagun? Oni is not a bad GK at all, but if you ever happen to get your hands on a Hagun, you'll be well pleased I'm sure. They're quite expensive, but if you happen to get with an ENM static or are able to farm/mine/sell your body for gil to get one it's well worth it imho.
 Odin.Roark
サーバ: Odin
user: Roark
By Odin.Roark 2009-08-13 12:49:22  
For WS I would suggest rutter sabatons, shura head (nothing sucks more than wasting 100+ TP) warwolf belt, ruby/flame ring, rajas, amemet/forager's, AF/AF+1 or Shura legs and AF+1 hands. Don't WS in bracelets unless you are /thf. I personally prefer Askar body full-time over Osode or Haub when acc is capped or close to it. Hachiman gear should never be used outside of /rng situations if you are fully merited.

@ Rumaha your gear set looks like it is all acc based with 0 haste. Is that your TP set? With capped GK and STP merits I would phase out some acc for haste until you find that nice balance.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-13 12:54:58  
Taintedone said:
A bit off topic here maybe, but has anyone seen any hard data where someone has compared NQ Hauby vs. Shura togi to TP in? I've been searching online and all I can find are the usual "Hauby pwns you n00b" retard topics without having seen any verifiable parsing whether one is better than the other, situational, etc. Yes, I already know it's the general consensus of the Samurai community that Hauby is better than just about anything to TP in for Samurai, but I'm more interested to see if anyone has actually compared them side by side numbers-wise.

Sorry forgot to add in response to the original poster, you're gear really doesn't look that bad, but have you given any thought to investing in a Hagun? Oni is not a bad GK at all, but if you ever happen to get your hands on a Hagun, you'll be well pleased I'm sure. They're quite expensive, but if you happen to get with an ENM static or are able to farm/mine/sell your body for gil to get one it's well worth it imho.

Shura is less acc, for only about, 7 more atk?, not worth it
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 12:55:13  
Unless you have the Askar Korazin, I think you have to have at least one Hachi piece of gear (hands or feet) equipped with full Store TP merits in order to get a 6-hit build with a 450 delay GK (46 Store TP needed - 25 native TP plus the 10 from fully capped Store TP merits, would leave you 11 lacking). And why would you not WS in bracelets for Y/G/K I'm curious to know since they are str modded?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-13 12:55:57  
Taintedone said:
Unless you have the Askar Korazin, I think you have to have at least one Hachi piece of gear (hands or feet) equipped with full Store TP merits in order to get a 6-hit build with a 450 delay GK (46 Store TP needed - 25 native TP plus the 10 from fully capped Store TP merits, would leave you 11 lacking). And why would you not WS in bracelets for Y/G/K I'm curious to know since they are str modded?

need +11, Shinimusha legs, +6, Rajas +5, done, obviously dif if u have Byakkos
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 12:57:30  
Rumaha said:
Taintedone said:

Shura is less acc, for only about, 7 more atk?, not worth it

Nope, shura has 10 more attk and the same acc as NQ hauby. Yes I agree if it was less acc it wouldn't be worth it, but it's exactly the same (+10) as NQ hauby. Like I said, I'm more interested in any hard data that anyone may have run across?
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 13:00:19  
Rumaha said:
Taintedone said:

Right, but unless I missed it, he doesn't have Rajas, so that's 5 Store TP that he's lacking, which would have to be made up for somewhere...and if he gets Byakko's, he'd also need to make up the 6 Store TP from Shinimusha....see where I'm going with this? That's why I said usually you'll need to equip at least one piece of Hachi gear (hands or feet)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-13 13:02:39  
Avinne said:
walahra turban, swift belt (or Vbelt), Rajas ring, Ulthalum's ring... all free :) (for TP)

Alky's bracelets (maybe get lucky on a drop), warwolf belt, rutter sabatons(free)... the pop item for those feet isn't TOO terrible to get in bibiki bay. (for WS)
Building on this, for earrings @75, depending on your mission choices you'll almost always be wearing Brutal and either Bushinomi, an attack, accuracy or STR earring between TP and WS. Brutal stays on for good, and Triumph/STR earring is a luxury so you can worry about that further down the road. As mentioned, HQ Smilodon will purely be a Gekko-only piece @75, but for now HQ Amemet is your ideal piece which is very affordable as well.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-13 13:04:05  
Taintedone said:
Rumaha said:
Taintedone said:

Right, but unless I missed it, he doesn't have Rajas, so that's 5 Store TP that he's lacking, which would have to be made up for somewhere...and if he gets Byakko's, he'd also need to make up the 6 Store TP from Shinimusha....see where I'm going with this? That's why I said usually you'll need to equip at least one piece of Hachi gear (hands or feet)

I prefer hands my self, but i think hes like 1 fight from Rajas, and yes Bushi and Brutal for TP and WS over all pretty much
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-08-13 13:05:47  
Assuming people are willing to take a chance, you can get a Rindomaru that negates the need for any gear after merits, and depending on gear you have/will have at 75, you won't need any STP merits.

It (supposedly) falls just short of Hagun if you get some decent Augments on it, I don't have access to both atm so I can't do some quick testing on my SAM (only 72 atm ._.), but is better than Onimaru.

On Sylph, Rindomaru prices are around the 50k mark, and Onimaru are 90-100k. So not only do you have the chance(s) to get a slightly better GK/overall build, you can also save some money. Until I get 75, a Hagun and have chance to play around with both for a while, say 2hr or so on each in a merit pt, I can't really give anything else from my perspective.

My Rindomaru has: STP+12 Acc+3 WSAcc+4, which is pretty decent imo. It opens up the way for 1 STP merit to get me to a 6-hit build and gives me 20% Haste when I finally get my stupid Byakko's Haidate, without sacrificing a huge deal ^^ (I don't call losing out on Hagun a big deal atm >.>)
 Valefor.Usul
By Valefor.Usul 2009-08-13 13:06:21  
Taintedone said:
Nope, shura has 10 more attk and the same acc as NQ hauby. Yes I agree if it was less acc it wouldn't be worth it, but it's exactly the same (+10) as NQ hauby. Like I said, I'm more interested in any hard data that anyone may have run across?

No Shura doesn't have 10 more atk, you're forgetting STR adds attack. Shura does have less ACC too, there is DEX on Hauby.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 13:09:43  
Rumaha said:
Taintedone said:
Rumaha said:
Taintedone said:

I prefer hands my self, but i think hes like 1 fight from Rajas, and yes Bushi and Brutal for TP and WS over all pretty much

Yeah, either will work really, whether you decide to go with Hachi hands/Fumas or Dusk gloves/Hachi feet. I think there are some ppl that go with Hachi hands/Rutters but I personally stack as much haste as I can so I go with Dusk gloves/Hachi feet (don't have an Askar Korazin :( ) You'll love Brutal if you get it and Bushi is awesome, but if you happen to get some other earring like Suppa for example, the Triumph earring or Fowling are decent alternatives.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 13:12:43  
Usul said:
Taintedone said:

No Shura doesn't have 10 more atk, you're forgetting STR adds attack. Shura does have less ACC too, there is DEX on Hauby.

Yeah, I had completely forgotten about that, I was just going by the actual stats on both body pieces ><. Anyways, like I said originally, I'm still curious to know if anyone has seen any hard parsing data comparing the two?
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-13 13:12:54  
Taintedone said:
The point about the Hauby/Togi was also in reference to the +DEX Hauby gives which tips it over the edge. Accuracy is generally king for TP-reliant jobs, but the other big point is that unless you have an Osode the next best thing you can be WS'ing in is a Hauby anyway due to it's +STR which kind of nullifies dumping roughly 1M on Togi if it isn't needed. +8attack alone isn't really going to make much of a difference in any regard considering most 75 builds don't leave much room for +attack gear between haste, accuracy and storeTP+ slots. D: I just couldn't imagine justifying Togi, honestly.

Taintedone said:
In regards to this, you are correct that @75 with Rajas you need either hachi feet or hands, possibly plus Brutal (I'll explain why) in order to get a 6-hit build. The problem being if you do not decide to use Hachiman hands and Fuma feet instead of Dusk hands/Hachi feet, you leave yourself with too little STP+ to swap out the hachiman during WS and still maintain a 6-hit. You're over-storing the STP to make up for what you lacked in TP return on WS, and that is the only way you can swing equipping +STR bracelets on WS without killing your build. If you aren't using this method then that's the only reason I can imagine someone wouldn't WS in them.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 13:18:20  
Caiyuo said:
Taintedone said:
The point about the Hauby/Togi was also in reference to the +DEX Hauby gives which tips it over the edge. Accuracy is generally king for TP-reliant jobs, but the other big point is that unless you have an Osode the next best thing you can be WS'ing in is a Hauby anyway due to it's +STR which kind of nullifies dumping roughly 1M on Togi if it isn't needed. +8attack alone isn't really going to make much of a difference in any regard considering most 75 builds don't leave much room for +attack gear between haste, accuracy and storeTP+ slots. D: I just couldn't imagine justifying Togi, honestly.

Taintedone said:
In regards to this, you are correct that @75 with Rajas you need either hachi feet or hands, possibly plus Brutal (I'll explain why) in order to get a 6-hit build. The problem being if you do not decide to use Hachiman hands and Fuma feet instead of Dusk hands/Hachi feet, you leave yourself with too little STP+ to swap out the hachiman during WS and still maintain a 6-hit. You're over-storing the STP to make up for what you lacked in TP return on WS, and that is the only way you can swing equipping +STR bracelets on WS without killing your build. If you aren't using this method then that's the only reason I can imagine someone wouldn't WS in them.

Right, but usually if I'm not mistaken, that shorted STP+ on WS's is 1 STP which can be made up for with a Chiv Chain. Of course, that's all moot if you happen to have a sea gorget, but we'll save that discussion for some other time :P. I was more curious as to why he wouldn't WS in bracelets unless he was only /thf?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-08-13 13:18:28  
Caiyuo said:
You're over-storing the STP to make up for what you lacked in TP return on WS, and that is the only way you can swing equipping +STR bracelets on WS without killing your build. If you aren't using this method then that's the only reason I can imagine someone wouldn't WS in them.

The main reason I hear is because of the DEX-. Don't forget that the difference between Alky and AF+1 is around 13 DEX. Which equates to 9.75 Accuracy. So if you go from Alky to AF+1, you're immediately gaining 9-10 Accuracy.
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-08-13 13:21:00  
Question, what are you planning on meriting for SAM. I took a look at your merits and was curious.
 Valefor.Usul
By Valefor.Usul 2009-08-13 13:21:40  
Hauby really is too easy to get, the only body I'd consider using over it besides the +1 version is Usukane tbh(ACP body is a possiblity but a waste if you have other jobs).

As for Askar body, I view that as a relic or DRG piece. It can open a haste slot, but that leaves you with fewer swap options for ws.
 Valefor.Usul
By Valefor.Usul 2009-08-13 13:24:11  
Hitetsu said:
Caiyuo said:
You're over-storing the STP to make up for what you lacked in TP return on WS, and that is the only way you can swing equipping +STR bracelets on WS without killing your build. If you aren't using this method then that's the only reason I can imagine someone wouldn't WS in them.

The main reason I hear is because of the DEX-. Don't forget that the difference between Alky and AF+1 is around 13 DEX. Which equates to 9.75 Accuracy. So if you go from Alky to AF+1, you're immediately gaining 9-10 Accuracy.

His point still stands though, AF+1 serve the same purpose just with more ACC. They do not contribute to hit-builds.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 13:24:19  
Avinne said:
Question, what are you planning on meriting for SAM. I took a look at your merits and was curious.

Who specifically? There are several ppl responding to this post lol
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 13:26:07  
Usul said:
Hitetsu said:
Caiyuo said:

His point still stands though, AF+1 serve the same purpose just with more ACC. They do not contribute to hit-builds.

Still with less Str than Alky's for example. If you're GK if fully merited and you're ACC is capped or close to cap, do you really need the extra ACC on top of that?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-08-13 13:26:15  
Usul said:

While they don't do anything for a breaking any hit tiers, the question was, from my understanding, "why would anyone not ws in gigas bracelets", which is where my answer was aimed.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9