users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST job adjustments
BST job adjustments
 Odin.Phunkism
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-12-10 16:14:01  
Took a look at Calamity. Spent 2 hours grinding JP in woh gates basement on the lvl 121-123 bats. Using Riverfin soup and killer instinct from what I saw, at 2000 TP Calamity was out performing Onslaught/Ruinator. At 3000 TP I was seeing dmg around 8000-11100 on T-VT bats.

Ran to marjami ravine and whacked some more mobs and was one shotting mobs with Killer Instinct up at 2000 tp and 3000 tp. Not sure how to calculate fTP but this WS needs to be explored more.
By honeycomb 2014-12-10 20:20:44  
Looking for a good Calamity weapon skill set very good weapon skill now seen 10k weapon skill if have any good sets please post :)
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-12-10 22:02:38  
have you tried rampage? the ftp transfers to all hits now so make sure to use with gorget/belt
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-12-10 22:25:12  
honeycomb said: »
Looking for a good Calamity weapon skill set very good weapon skill now seen 10k weapon skill if have any good sets please post :)

Not sure what the optimal is yet. I'm just using my Ruinator set except subbing out body for phorcys and neck and waist with thunder gorget/belt.

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
have you tried rampage? the ftp transfers to all hits now so make sure to use with gorget/belt

My next JP session I'll put together a rampage set and see how it stacks up with the other WS.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-12-12 02:39:57  
apparently the new pet food is lower acc stats but it adds some sort of haste that isnt effected by the gear cap.
the post
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-12-12 20:46:59  
My thoughts on Rampage so far are pretty positive. It's quite a bit better than before but not quite as good or consistent as Ruinator. The damage is pretty similiar to what Ruinator was before this weeks buff.

If I were to rank the 1000 tp WS it would be

Onslaught > Ruinator > Rampage
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-12-13 15:00:44  
and 3000 would be calamity?
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-12-13 15:03:57  
I had calamity winning at 2000+ tp over Onslaught/Ruinator. There was some TP overflow and it wasn't exactly at 2000 tp so it needs some more testing.

I've read mistral axe is doing similiar things at 2000+ tp also so I'll probably give that WS a whirl later.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-12-25 16:09:52  
Quote:
Greetings,

Thanks for the feedback.

I’d like to talk a bit about the pet stats that were added during the November version update and future adjustments for beastmaster.
Pet stats added in the November version update
When comparing the pet items that can be made through synthesis and the ones that can be purchased via NPC vendors, we’ve made it so that when it comes to the overall strength, the synthesized versions are higher while still maintaining the special characteristics of each pet. This is an advantage given for the time and effort spent synthesizing these pet items. So, with this understanding of the overall plan for these items, I’d like to give some supplemental information about certain pet’s stats.

Blackbeard Randy
This pet was based off the design of the tiger familiar, and as such, his attack delay has been set quite high. To compensate for this, we gave him a high amount of attack and a double attack bonus. Compared to other pets, he will not attack as frequently; however, it’s possible to deal good damage against high-tier monsters with his special abilities.

Redolent Candi
This is a pet that has been given a comparatively higher amount of defense, magic defense, and potent special attacks. Many Adoulin monsters are weak to a certain elements and this pet is no exception as it is weak against fire and ice.

Future beastmaster adjustments
As mentioned previously, the development team is currently working on adjustments that will allow abilities to be separate for pets and monsters. After making this adjustment, we are planning to increase the potency of pet special attacks, enhance the effects of TP modifiers, and give them elemental properties for skill chains.

Additionally, we are currently looking into whether we can increase the pace in which charges can be accumulated. We’ll begin work on this adjustment after we verify if this is possible from a technical standpoint.

With these aforementioned adjustments, it will become possible to perform skill chains with your pet making it possible to deal even higher amounts of damage.

We’d also like to make adjustments to the enmity of Snarl and the flexibility of using different special abilities based on various situations while focusing on the concept that beastmaster is a job that deals damage in tandem with their pet.

After seeing the results of the above adjustments, if there are still aspects that are lacking we will then look into increasing the base stats of pets.

Looks like we'll be able to SC with our pets soon. This is a welcome addition but with the charge changes they did a few updates ago they'll need to be careful on how they implement this.

I can see it limiting our pet selection to a pet that uses 1 charge per TP move and opens up a darkness SC for Onslaught or Ruinator.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-09 05:08:17  
Odin.Phunkism said: »
My thoughts on Rampage so far are pretty positive. It's quite a bit better than before but not quite as good or consistent as Ruinator. The damage is pretty similiar to what Ruinator was before this weeks buff.

If I were to rank the 1000 tp WS it would be

Onslaught > Ruinator > Rampage

Sent you a PM, wanted to ask, I got different numbers for the 1000%
(DC/EM steak /dnc trustbards)
Ruinator avg 4911 > Cloudsplitter 4489 > Onslaught avg 4339 > Rampage avg 4284
ItemSet 332184ItemSet 332182ItemSet 332183ItemSet 332185
 Bismarck.Phunkism
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Phunkism 2015-01-09 14:04:30  
Downloaded a fresh xml and re input the numbers. This is what I get on mine. Your cloudsplitter seems really high and I'll do Rampage later when I get a chance.

Target: Delve Fodder/RBC

1) Onslaught 2) Ruinator

EDIT: I have Ruinator pulling ahead on Kamhir Raaz mobs without making any adjustments to gear.
 Bismarck.Phunkism
By Bismarck.Phunkism 2015-01-14 23:22:58  
Quote:
A variety of battle content, including Wanted battles, Voidwatch, and high-tier mission battlefields, have undergone the following adjustments.

If you player’s level is above the limit for the applicable content, the following pets they are in control of will no longer despawn upon starting.
Familairs summoned with Call Beast / Avatars / Automatons
* This adjustmens also applies to battle content such as mission battlefields wherein players do not lose experience upon being knocked out.
* This adjustment does not apply to the following content.
Trial Size Trial by Fire / Trial Size Trial by Earth / Trial Size Trial by Water / Trial Size Trial by Wind / Trial Size Trial by Ice / Trial Size Trial by Lightning
By Nazrious 2015-01-14 23:54:29  
Bismarck.Phunkism said: »
Quote:
A variety of battle content, including Wanted battles, Voidwatch, and high-tier mission battlefields, have undergone the following adjustments.

If you player’s level is above the limit for the applicable content, the following pets they are in control of will no longer despawn upon starting.
Familairs summoned with Call Beast / Avatars / Automatons
* This adjustmens also applies to battle content such as mission battlefields wherein players do not lose experience upon being knocked out.
* This adjustment does not apply to the following content.
Trial Size Trial by Fire / Trial Size Trial by Earth / Trial Size Trial by Water / Trial Size Trial by Wind / Trial Size Trial by Ice / Trial Size Trial by Lightning

So we can summon outside of BC's now? not exactly sure what this means, spell it out for meh like I eat paste.
 Bismarck.Phunkism
By Bismarck.Phunkism 2015-02-03 03:36:16  
Quote:
[dev1254] Job Adjustments

The following jobs will undergo adjustments.

Beastmaster

- New familiars summonable with Call Beast and Bestial Loyalty will be added.
- The recast time for Sic will be reduced from 120 seconds to ninety seconds.
- The amount of time for one charge of Ready to be generated will be reduced from sixty seconds to thirty seconds.
- In accordance with the above change, the Sic Recast merit point category will undergo the following adjustments.
- The degree of recast time reduction for Sic will decrease from four seconds to two seconds per point.
- The degree of recast time reduction for Ready will decrease from two seconds to one second per point.
- The special abilities of familiars summoned with Call Beast and -- Bestial loyalty will undergo the following adjustments.
- The strength of all special abilities will be increased.
- All special abilities will gain TP adjustments, which will be reflected in the ability help text.

Skillchain elements will be added to the following special abilities.

Foot Kick / Whirl Claws / Head Butt / Wild Oats / Leaf Dagger / Razor Fang / Claw Cyclone / Tail Blow / Blockhead / Brain Crush / Lamb Chop / Sheep Charge / Big Scissor / Needleshot / ??? Needles / Frog Kick / Power Attack / Rhino Attack / Mandibular Bite / Nimble Snap / Cyclotail / Double Claw / Grapple / Spinning Top / Suction / Sudden Lunge / Spiral Spin / Scythe Tail / Ripper Fang / Chomp Rush / Back Heel / Turtle Stomp / Wing Slap / Beak Lunge / Recoil Dive / Sensilla Blades / Tegmina Buffet / Swooping Frenzy / Sweeping Gouge / Pentapeck / Tickling Tendrils / Somersault

Magic Burst will be possible through the following special abilities.

Dust Cloud / Fireball / Bubble Shower / Bubble Curtain / Spore / Venom / Sandblast / Sandpit / Venom Spray / Soporific / Gloeosuccus / Palsy Pollen / Toxic Spit / Filamented Hold / Snow Cloud / Acid Mist / Charged Whisker / Purulent Ooze / Corrosive Oooze / Molting Plumage / Stink Bomb / Nectarous Deluge / Nepenthic Plunge

In the ability list they have skills associated to a lot of jugs that aren't able to be called at lvl 119. Antlion, Sabotender, Eft, Diremite, Raptor and Adamantoise jugs.

Call Beast - AF hands and merits

lvl 114 - Adamantoise, Eft
lvl 109 - Raptor
lvl 90 - Sabotender, Diremite
lvl 80 - Antlion

I'm going to guess the next 3 jug pets released will be a new sabotender, diremite and antlion jugs. Maybe SE will be kind and just give us all updated pets.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-02-03 05:15:34  
Bubble Curtain must be an error, haha. There's no way that can Magic Burst.

This looks really interesting though. BSTs have clamored for skillchain properties for ages on Sic/Ready moves.

And the timer reduction on charges... so nice! :D

It's been a few months since I've played - did they remove 1000 Needles and replace it with ??? Needles on Sabotender? Or is that another typo/alternate notation?
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-02-03 05:16:00  
Me and my fellow Minions on Shiva look forward to conducting many SCIENCE experiments with our pets and skillchains.

Be warned, some of these experiments will be cruel. Please don't notify P.E.T.A. of our actions on our virtual prey.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-02-03 05:27:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
It's been a few months since I've played - did they remove 1000 Needles and replace it with ??? Needles on Sabotender? Or is that another typo/alternate notation?

probably means new sabo jug that has ??? Needles
[+]
 Leviathan.Goldengreg
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Goldengreg 2015-02-04 05:19:35  
Do you guys remember the first weeks of WotG release, when the sambas effects were "accidentally" affectings pets?
Those were the days.../rantoff

I'd love to have new "old" jugpets, or having Amigo and the others get their cap lvl being raised... antlions were great pets.
 Phoenix.Craptaculous
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Craptaculous 2015-02-04 09:29:22  
it may be just me going crazy, but did anyone notice the pet the BST had in this pic related to the recently mention BST update:

a colibri.

Which is pretty cool, if I recall, we don't have a colibri jug pet yet. For sure it will have Pecking Flurry and Feather tickle, hopes are that it would have magic parroting of some sort (hecteyes and worms when charmed will cast when /ja sic and TP < 100, so why not?)...but instead, realistically it'll have Snatch Morsel lol. Regardless, if they give this colibri jug the same MDB and MEVA that natural colibris and colibri(MON)s have....that will be a great bonus to AOE magic spam content and pet survivability.