Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR- First Job to 99
COR- First Job to 99
By Victorion 2014-11-08 20:30:36  
Hi everyone,

I am a returning player, and have decided to take COR as my first main job to lvl 99 (I will also be taking THF to 99 to farm).

My main concern is that I have no gear at all for end game (I haven't even done my LB5 yet). I want to be geared alright so as to not get to much hate and/or hurt my (currently nonexistent) reputation because my gear sucks. Obviously I will be working to get better gear; this is just for a complete newbie at 99 looking to get in some groups (so as to get better gear :P ).

From reading guides, it appears that the types of equipment greatly depends on the Sub Job I use/what I am focusing on.

I have two main questions:

1- Sub Job
What Sub Job(s) should I have levelled for this? I do not mind levelling several. There appears to be some controversy on Sub Jobs (i.e. what is most useful/needed/wanted). The ones I have found in guides that would be/could be useful (i.e. what I would level to 50 first) are:
WHM, RDM, RNG, DNC, NIN

The gear appears to be at least somewhat dependent on the Sub Job, so want to sort this before picking gear (e.g. I am assuming the gear is quite different for /WHM vs /RNG)- see #2.

Please let me know if I have missed a really good Sub Job, or if one listed is not worth levelling.

2- Equipment
This is my MAIN questions (I only listed #1 because I believe it impacts this). What gear should I aim to have early (i.e. when I hit lvl99 and have absolutely nothing, and want to join a party for end game content). Guides have good gear sets, but none seam very viable for someone in my (very newb) position.

I am thinking I will just kit myself out in Spark gear. I am mostly unsure of two things.
a) What Spark gear would be good/should I aim for?
b) Is there something better to aim for which is easy to obtain where I am and/or affordable on the AH (each piece under 100k or so... though under 50k would be even better)? I don't mind grinding as long as it is doable (I'll be aiming to have THF in Espial spark gear to farm Dynamis).

I was thinking for gear:
- Espial or Wayfarer set (not sure from other gear guides what is a good idea, and what is a waist).
- Eminent Scimitar
- Eminent Gun
- Rings... some combination of:
-- Ranged: Longshot, Fistmele
-- Magic: Acumen, Perception
-- Other: Merirosvo
- Allegro Earring

Thank you for any help/feedback. I have looked through many guides to try and sort this out myself... but most seam to assume that I already have a job to get gear on and/or already have some starting gear.

I really appreciate everything, and I apologies if this has already been covered.

Cheers
[+]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2014-11-08 20:56:51  
It's really not that you want to focus on a particular subjob, it's more that you want to have multiple subjobs available to make yourself more versatile.

To begin with, eminent/espial gear is a very good way to just start out. You will want to pick up a couple of choice pieces of Thurandaut/Shneddick +1's in addition (they're SUPER easy to farm bayld for,) as they actually turn out to be best in slot for a couple of VERY SPECIFIC corsair things as well (and turn out ok for other less specific things for starter gear.)

In addition to leveling up the subjobs you have listed, give DRG a shot. You really won't need it until your gear picks up, however... since mainly it's used to shed hate via High Jump. WAR is also a good choice if you're aiming to put out #'s with your ranged attacks.

For your earring, you can look at getting a Novio from someone's bazaar (though prices are ~720k ish around here still) or get an earring from Rani in Abyssea - Altep with your Merivoso. Additionally, you can also get the Clearview Earring from Brulo there, too. I'm really not sure what function you think Allegro will serve, but it's best to replace that when you can. Another good earring to get is the Volley Earring from Abyssea - Attohwa.

While you're pounding out the dirt in Abyssea, consider farming up your AF3 gear (including your Navarch's Mantle for Snapshot!) The hands are essential to your PR set, and the whole set is due for an upgrade soon. You can ignore the collar at this point, however.

Walk of Echoes is another great place for gear upgrades. You'll find a ton of great things like your Pixie Hairpin +1, or even grab the NQ's for when you can upgrade them later. (Plus you'll make gobs and gobs of gil... if you're lucky!)
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-08 20:59:43  
Subjobs look fairly complete, just add sam in there for very rare occasions and war for thf on rare occasions.

For gear, you should aim to get all of your AF, relic and empyrean equipment as well as luzaf's ring and a phantom roll + ring http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28548/barataria-ring - this is cheap as hell for a huge boost.

Get both sparks sets and use what you need to start with. Then aim for individual pieces 1 by 1. You can get all of your af and relic upgraded easily as cor, just join groups doing the BCNMs and farm a few dynamis runs.

Edit: forgot thuradant/etc.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-09 05:19:53  
If you're new, grab a wayfarer set and /WHM is the easiest way to start doing endgame on this job.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-09 06:23:56  
There isn't really much controversy about subjobs really, they all have their place at the right time. I made a post about it very recently:

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Most party setups favour melee dds, in that case you should be one as well and by subbing dnc you add further support through steps and haste samba which increase the party's dps significantly(unless there's a main dnc of course).

If the strategy is rangers than you might want to shoot as well and in that case a few different choices are good, namely drg for lower enmity, nin for safety and double weapons, etc.

Whm sub is something that should be considered rarely, basically only when your group's backlines aren't good enough and they need help. Otherwise the cor should be always dding with the other dds.

Nin sub when meleeing is also to consider in fights where shadows are part of the strategy.

Let's do an easy Q&A:

Can you melee?
- If yes: is there a main dnc?
-- If no then sub dnc. If yes then sub nin.

- If you can't melee: is the strat based on rangers?
-- If yes consider drg to ride high jump timer. Or going nin to have the safety of shadows and two weapons for stats.

If you cannot dd at all cause your party only wants limited dps or such, then sub whm.
But until your gear is good enough, playing whm like Afania said is the best starting point(although the least exciting).

As for gear: don't get Merirosvo, get Barataria as suggested above, this because the two do not stack and Barataria is the more powerful.
Start with bayld stuff(Thur+1 and Shneddick+1), and some Eminence stuff as you guessed. Guide sets suggest many alternatives in text form under each one so be sure to check it out as there are many possibilities, for most stuff I actually give options that go as far as bayld stuff.
Start collecting gear through the easy stuff so Empyrean, WKR and base reforged AF/Relic(can slowly buy pages with sparks), and as you move forward you can tackle the rest of the content such as Skirmish, advanced BCs, etc.

Make sure to cap dagger, sword and marksmanship as they'll all be useful to you.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
サーバ: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-11-09 06:36:10  
Especially dagger/markmanship double dips for THF dynamis/salvage farming, sword for Requiescat for certain events...Don't forget to unlock Leaden Salute/Last Stand too!
By Victorion 2014-11-10 13:14:51  
Thank you everyone for the great advice. I really appreciate it.