I Am Looking For Better Music. Help Me Find Better Than This.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » I am looking for better music. Help me find better than this.
I am looking for better music. Help me find better than this.
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-16 21:03:58  
Please listen to this song. It's one of the best compositions ever. It has harmony, it has feeling, every single thing which should be in a song. It's hard rock, but if you removed the vocals, it would still be music. I have personally not heard better music and I am actively looking around the world for anything that could beat this.

Listen to the godly drums. The many small details here and there, try to notice every sound and think how much time was put into making this song. Realize the years of work put into a single song to make it perfect before releasing it on CD.

Only in Japan will you find such dedication in making music truly unique, in my experience. Yet Japanese are rarely recognized for their work. Why do you think this is?

Here's the studio version, 8 minutes long:

Send me a /tell if you like or if you have anything better than that. I'm sure there's got to be something out there somewhere that beats this, I always want to find better but I've been stuck for about 10 years without finding...

The language doesn't matter of course.
[+]
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-08-16 21:08:27  
pretty much everything else is better than metal..
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-16 21:09:25  
Hackstealandbot said:
pretty much everything else is better than metal..

You obviously haven't listened to it entirely. This is not really metal.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-08-16 21:11:17  
Try www.pandora.com.

It's an awesome online radio station that selects music you may like according to artists you already like.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-16 21:14:22  
Psyence said:
Only in Japan will you find such dedication in making music truly unique, in my experience. Yet Japanese are rarely recognized for their work. Why do you think this is?
Yeah I wouldn't agree with that. lol I'd just say you usually won't find such amazing things on the FM radio. Just as a general suggestion I'd say check these sites along with your music tastes to discover new things you haven't heard:

http://pandora.com/
http://www.last.fm/home
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-16 21:17:06  
That's what X Japan is, "Visual Kei" : a style of band, which started with Japanese rock music, referring to bands which have the dressing and appearance of the members as one of their primary focuses of interest.

Pretty cool style.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-16 21:19:30  
Caiyuo said:
Psyence said:
Yeah I wouldn't agree with that. lol I'd just say you usually won't find such amazing things on the FM radio. Just as a general suggestion I'd say check these sites along with your music tastes to discover new things you haven't heard:

http://pandora.com/
http://www.last.fm/home

you wouldn't agree with ", in my experience." ? lol

:) I'll check it out thanks.
 Pandemonium.Fawkes
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Fawkes
By Pandemonium.Fawkes 2009-08-16 21:27:39  
I'm sorry, but I disagree with mostly everything you have said about this song. I don't think it's very good at all.

"Listen to the godly drums. The many small details here and there, try to notice every sound and think how much time was put into making this song. Realize the years of work put into a single song to make it perfect before releasing it on CD."

After reading that, I had high expectations for this song, and it fell short. Pretty weak song if you ask me.
 Asura.Charlottie
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-16 21:32:06  
psyence: you're crazy. now that we have that settled..

x japan are very widely recognised. i think you might find that the same sort of musics are made all over the place, and honestly, maybe x japan are better than a good number of those bands. but those are the only real qualifiers here.. otherwise you really are looking at something directly derived largely from the same kind of formulae. no amount of string sections is going to make it cogent. genius is never so based in aesthetic, there only so much substance here.

just how a lot of rock music works really, and while i like a lot of what you'd call metal music; there's a lot of stuff out there that's totally better.. and it wouldn't be fair to ask for any given thing and if you were presented with something else purported to be great you might not connect on the same slightly obsessive level.

that said, i have a REAL liking of nobuo and i feel the same way about some of his music. i think i might just be crazy. i don't know why he insists on making such beautiful music.. but it's hard to deny it's *that* frigging awesome sometimes. i listened to his score of SSBB on loop so many times when that leaked. plus i learned cyan's theme today on keys.

anyways.. Holst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B49N46I39Y
 Shiva.Nightraid
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-08-16 21:33:37  
Its just the same as every other Metal band, if you appreciate music as an artform then listen to this:

Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-16 21:34:56  
Psyence said:
you wouldn't agree with ", in my experience." ? lol

:) I'll check it out thanks.
You're welcome! I mostly disregarded the "my experience" thing just because in general I don't think it's true. lol I don't think very many artists are widely recognized outside of their regions or nations in general outside of the exceptions, and I don't really think the Japanese would have a reason to be more dedicated than anyone else. Just a personal opinion and I won't elaborate further considering it's not the topic at hand and I feel derailing!
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-16 22:08:15  
Techno Viking

'Nuff said.

[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-08-16 22:21:48  
Nightraid said:
Its just the same as every other Metal band, if you appreciate music as an artform then listen to this:

love Dream theatre. if i had my way, everyone would listen to it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-16 22:52:01  
Classical, Jazz, Blues... all are about creating a unique and heartfelt musical experience. Your extensive search, no matter how broad, has only scratched the surface of all the music in existence. The genres I referenced are only Western art forms, every culture has music with a similar goal.

You want unique music? Start digging. Pandora and Last.fm have already been listed, that's a good start. Take the elements you like and run with it, see what you get. Asking around on websites like you're doing isn't a bad tactic either, though it can easily degrade into flaming or a race to see who can name the most obscure band.

Also, what Fawkes said.

Recommendations: well, none without a better idea of your tastes in music.

Cookie to the guy who mentioned Holst.

At above: I got tired of them after about 6 months. :\
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-08-16 22:54:23  
Psyence said:
Please listen to this song. It's one of the best compositions ever. It has harmony, it has feeling, every single thing which should be in a song. It's hard rock, but if you removed the vocals, it would still be music. I have personally not heard better music and I am actively looking around the world for anything that could beat this.

I don't know if i understand you correctly, but it seems like you're a huge fan of the music, with exception to vocals. His vocals are actually great.. just seems you're downplaying his vocals a bit. That's all..

As for the music, yeah its good. But sounds comparable to Dragonforce.(Style, accuracy and speed.) And yeah. I know X-Japan has been around longer than Dragonforce. Just a comparison, if that's what you were originally looking for.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-16 23:23:15  
I think he was referring to the music as vocal-centric and saying that it would stand on its own even without the vocals. I disagree, but whatever.
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-16 23:28:52  
[+]
 Asura.Ravenfornow
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ravenfornow 2009-08-16 23:33:52  
HERE IS THE BEST SONG/MUSIC EVER!
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 23:35:57  
In before any more Dragonforce,

Fact: They speed up there recordings on album.

Opinion: There music is actually simple to play on a real guitar. GTFO guitar hero.

I still think there stuff sounds badass though. =D
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-16 23:39:18  
Etrayis said:
In before any more Dragonforce,

Fact: They speed up there recordings on album.

Opinion: There music is actually simple to play on a real guitar. GTFO guitar hero.

You beat me to it. I lost respect for them after I saw them live. :[
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-08-16 23:42:49  
Steve Wilson is a genious.
Song is originally about 5-6mins long just been cut down for Youtube.

[+]
 Caitsith.Frysia
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Frysia
By Caitsith.Frysia 2009-08-16 23:46:07  
I'm gonna have to agree with some of the others here, although X japan has decent music, I wouldn't consider it the best.

If you're looking for music with great composition You'll want to look into the progressive rock/metal genre. You won't find, for the most part, music that is well composed in mainstream music due to most record companies and producers pushing what is played on the radio. A good starting point for that Genre is Dream Theater and Symphony X. My favorite groups right now are Dream Theater, Symphony X, Kamelot, and Vanden Plas. If you are interested in a more mellow progressive group, one of my favorites is Mostly Autumn

Dream Theater

Vanden Plas

Symphony X

Kamelot
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-16 23:50:13  
Thanks for sharing, Frysia. I hadn't heard of Vanden Plas before, gunna have to check them out some more. :)

Ghost Opera is one of my favourite songs by Kamelot! <3
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-08-16 23:51:20  
Frysia said:

If you are interested in a more mellow progressive group, one of my favorites is Mostly Autumn

Wow i didnt realise id find another fan of them here!

Have you heard of Karnataka?
Or Iona?
Or DeeXpus Project?
Or Magneta(massive Prog Group)?

My excitement for the Prog scene has got the better of me :P
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-17 00:00:09  
Karnataka is good, but never have heard of any others you listed, Nightraid. >.>;

I think my favourite alternative/progressive group is:

Not sure if I would consider it their best song, but I have it stuck in my head, so. :P

EDIT: Artemicion really needs to be here, he is pretty informative about bands and the like. :3
 Caitsith.Frysia
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Frysia
By Caitsith.Frysia 2009-08-17 00:01:26  
Nope haven't heard of them, I'll have to look them up later. I can't remember how I came across Mostly Autumn but I love their music. Just recently discovered Vanden Plas while listening on Pandora.com and liked them. Another band that is extremely complex is Spiral Architect, sadly they only have one album.

Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-17 00:05:46  
That was was a pretty interesting listen, at first I wasn't sure but it has a lot of depth to it.
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-08-17 00:06:23  
<3 Muse o.o
that song is catchy lol guessing its off they're new CD? i havent downloaded/bought it yet >.<

This isnt prog(i dont think) but its pretty good imo <.<

Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-17 00:19:41  
Yeah, it's off their latest "The Resistance". Not due out til September, I'm actually very giddy about this album because I have been a Muse fan since, their Showbiz album:

First song I ever heard by them, and still my favourite song.

I'm never let down by this band, ever.

That song is really relaxing, I like it. :) I think for me, though, I really need to be in the mood for it.
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-17 00:25:40  
Also, if people enjoy a Celtic taste:

Their earlier works are folk metal, but they recently came out with an acoustic album. It's worth a listen, if you enjoy the genre.
First Page 2 3 4 5