Samurai Gear (Tired Of The Questions Yet?)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Samurai Gear (Tired of the questions yet?)
Samurai Gear (Tired of the questions yet?)
First Page 2 3
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 10:49:01  
So, I'm looking at my Samurai gear and overall, I'm pretty pleased. I did have a few thoughts though that I would like opinions on. Currently, these are my TP and WS sets at lvl 75:
TP Set
WS Set
Now then... I'm looking to upgrade from my current sets and would like opinions on better gear for each slot.

I know of several pieces that I can upgrade and I'll list them here. So, please omit these pieces from your suggestions. Also, focusing mainly on GK.

Main - Hagun is pretty much the best aside from Amano, Onimaru in certain situations, and maybe an uber Rindo.

Sub - Perhaps a Platinum Grip +1 which I already own? Or a Mythril Grip +1 if just ws'ing?

Ranged - Not really sure here for a standard setup. I'm thinking Lightning Bow +1 for Polearm setup. A Shigeto Bow +1 for Rng sub (excluding Yoichi). And of course there's Ifrit's Bow... But, I've yet to try the Waking the Beast fights.

Ammo - This brings me back up to the Ranged slot as well. Black Tathlum is obviously great, but people rarely sell them and if they do they're for insane prices that I'm not paying til I have everything else upgraded. So, that leaves me with Tiphia Sting, Smart Grenade, and Olibanum Sachet. 2 atk / 2 acc > 2 Str for overall DoT?

Head - Any thoughts for TP/WS other than Usukane, Wyvern +1, and MKD headpiece?

Neck - I don't have the rank for the Bull Necklace for Str+4/Str+25 in Campaign since I slacked off a ton and got demoted (a lot). XD Also, my shell doesn't really do Sea so no Jailer Torques. Thoughts on the WS gorgets as well? So far I haven't tested Chivalrous chain vs. Flame Gorget (the only ws gorget I have atm).

Ears - Right now I'm not switching out between TP and WS for ears. What are your thoughts?

Body - Right now I'm not switching out between TP and WS for body either. Haub +1 for both sounds good to me. I 'do' however have a Kirin's Osode I could switch in for WS'ing.

Hands - I've thought of using Hachiman Kote for the hands to TP in aside from Dusk... However.. If I switch in kote for dusk and then fuma for Hachiman Sune-ate... I get the same haste % and Str+4 vs. str+2/atk+5. Also... Not really anything better to WS in other than Alky bracelets that I know of.

Rings - TP and WS in Rajas for the Store TP and STR. Then I switch in Ruby/Victory for Blood to WS. I could get the HQ or Flame for ws, but so far I'm trying to aug some Ruby rings for Str+1 or more.

Back - Amemet +1 ftw? Only thing I can think of that's better is 'maybe' NQ Cerb and definitely Cerb +1. Other than using Polearm, any 'real' reason that I'd need the acc from Cuch?

Waist - Aside from upgrading my Swift Belt to a Speed/Velocious/Sonic Belt, anything better to TP in? Also, using a Warwolf Belt and hoping to aug it better on Str or other stats for WS.

Legs - TP in Byakko's and WS in Myochin Haidate +1 until I can HQ myself a pair of Shura Togi or get some Hachiryu Haidate. (/drool)

Feet - Right now I'm both TP'ing in and WS'ing in Hachiman Sune-ate. Any thoughts on better gear for TP/WS aside from Usukane and Hachiman +1?

Thanks for looking it over. =)
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-20 11:11:53  
First let me say, these are my opinions based on what gear you have listed vs what I use. I could care less if people are gonna start a flame war here as well, throwing out "gimp this" and "gimp that"

REMEMBER: Opinions are like ***. Everyone has one, and they are all convinced that theirs doesn't stink.

that being said...

Tbest said:
Sub - Perhaps a Platinum Grip +1 which I already own? Or a Mythril Grip +1 if just ws'ing?

It'd stick with pole grip for the Double Attack. if you want to WS Grip, grab an Axe Grip for +3 STR. Platinum... not so much on a Hagun, buy works WONDERS if you're SAM/DNC with Soboro.

Quote:
Head - Any thoughts for TP/WS other than Usukane, Wyvern +1, and MKD headpiece?

I don't have MKD Head piece yet, I TP in a Walmart Turban (for the haste) and WS in a Shura Kabuto (for the STR and Accuracy). I find the Shura better then the Wyvern simply because of the accuracy. again. my opinion.

Quote:
Body - Right now I'm not switching out between TP and WS for body either. Haub +1 for both sounds good to me. I 'do' however have a Kirin's Osode I could switch in for WS'ing.

have you run tests between the Hauby+1 and the Osode?
Personally I WS in an Osode.

Quote:
Hands - I've thought of using Hachiman Kote for the hands to TP in aside from Dusk... However.. If I switch in kote for dusk and then fuma for Hachiman Sune-ate... I get the same haste % and Str+4 vs. str+2/atk+5. Also... Not really anything better to WS in other than Alky bracelets that I know of.

Have you maxed your Store TP merits yet? if so... I don't believe you need the Hachi's anymore...

Quote:
Rings - TP and WS in Rajas for the Store TP and STR. Then I switch in Ruby/Victory for Blood to WS. I could get the HQ or Flame for ws, but so far I'm trying to aug some Ruby rings for Str+1 or more.

Ahhh...yes. I too love the Blood Ring :)

Quote:
Back - Amemet +1 ftw? Only thing I can think of that's better is 'maybe' NQ Cerb and definitely Cerb +1. Other than using Polearm, any 'real' reason that I'd need the acc from Cuch?

careful... people will come down on you for not having a Foragers...

Quote:
Feet - Right now I'm both TP'ing in and WS'ing in Hachiman Sune-ate. Any thoughts on better gear for TP/WS aside from Usukane and Hachiman +1?

I do the same... and bust out the Fuma for SAM/RNG
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-20 11:14:44  
SAM MNK SMN at 75? What Divine Might earring did you choose? Almost had to choose Bushi. Right? Or did you not do Divine Might?

IDK everything about SAM, but from what I've been told, and what I've seen, for SAM WS's you want STR and nothing but STR. So Osode>Haub+1.

That's all I have.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 11:22:59  
Kuz said:
First let me say, these are my opinions based on what gear you have listed vs what I use. I could care less if people are gonna start a flame war here as well, throwing out "gimp this" and "gimp that"

REMEMBER: Opinions are like ***. Everyone has one, and they are all convinced that theirs doesn't stink.

that being said...

It'd stick with pole grip for the Double Attack. if you want to WS Grip, grab an Axe Grip for +3 STR. Platinum... not so much on a Hagun, buy works WONDERS if you're SAM/DNC with Soboro.

I don't have MKD Head piece yet, I TP in a Walmart Turban (for the haste) and WS in a Shura Kabuto (for the STR and Accuracy). I find the Shura better then the Wyvern simply because of the accuracy. again. my opinion.

have you run tests between the Hauby+1 and the Osode?
Personally I WS in an Osode.

Have you maxed your Store TP merits yet? if so... I don't believe you need the Hachi's anymore...

Ahhh...yes. I too love the Blood Ring :)

careful... people will come down on you for not having a Foragers...

I do the same... and bust out the Fuma for SAM/RNG
Yeah, I use the Platinum when I'm using Soboro. Stun is nice when I'm feeding the mob a ton of TP. >.>

*Nods.* I had overlooked the Shura Kabuto +1. And yeah, I'd keep crafting it til I got the HQ. WW 99+2 atm. =)

I haven't tested between Haub and Osode yet. I ws in Osode on my Mnk atm, but was unsure of using it on Sam.

Don't you need Store TP +11 on all hits to have a 6-hit build even with Maxed Store TP merits?

And yeah, for the rings I 'did' leave off Toreador's and Sniper's +1... But, 3 mil for 2 acc is last on my list, probably why I forgot them.

I hadn't thought of Forager's. I'll have to pick it up since it's so cheap.

Ghlin said:
SAM MNK SMN at 75? What Divine Might earring did you choose? Almost had to choose Bushi. Right? Or did you not do Divine Might?

IDK everything about SAM, but from what I've been told, and what I've seen, for SAM WS's you want STR and nothing but STR. So Osode>Haub+1.

That's all I have.
Oh, right... Yeah, I need to re-do my DM for Bushi. Originally I was going to take Nin to 75 after Smn... (It's 61 atm.) so I chose Suppa. >.<
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-20 11:36:59  
Use pole grip, it will out parse a STR grip any day.

Osode of WS if you can. Hauby +1 for TP.

Sea gorgets

Foragers Mantel

HQ ring and Head (2 moar STR :P)

Then after that its 10STR legs and salvage gear.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 11:41:07  
Argettio said:

Sea gorgets

Foragers Mantel

*Nods.* I'll switch out a couple slots. Pretty much what I had already guessed. (Aside from forgetting about Forager's.)
 Asura.Zatoichina
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Zatoichina 2009-08-20 12:02:39  
Personally i would use hachiman hands/fuma over dusk/hachi feet but i have a distinct loathing for dusk. Other than that pretty much what other people have said.

11 stp from gear on top of capped merits is 6-Hit as you said, Rajas/Brutal/Hachi hands in your TP set will push you far enough in to ws in full STR gear with no Store tp other than brutal obviously also and keep 6hit after ws.
 Unicorn.Auxy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: lolyou
By Unicorn.Auxy 2009-08-20 12:02:58  
Argettio said:

Sea gorgets

Foragers Mantel

pole grip is perfect, due to gekko, yuki, kasha, and kaiten all being one hit ws. so you can DA on them. you can always DA on a multiple hit but a 1 hit ws is better. Me, I personally ws in askar body. cause of the STR5 Attack+12 and DA+2. (Yes, SAM do need some attack on there ws.) but if do have an askar body, and a haub+1. haub+1 for WS and askar just for TP build. you never really ws in osode BECAUSE, there is no ACC. therefore, you have to use ACC slots. instead of STR+attack slots to further increase DMG. BUT osode is perfect for /thf due to 1 hit ws. SA makes it an auto hit, so all the STR and attack you can get is perfect. Sea gorgets are best. And the thing about salvage(usukane)gear is, u dont ws in it. UNLESS you have GK8/8. Usukane legs are nice due to STR5 and Attack10. otherwise, Shura is best way to go. Hachiryu Pants(STR+10) i reccomend to the people who dont miss WS on high lvl mobs. becuase ive seen people WS in these pants /nin or /drg becuase they have an amano(ACC+20). STR+10 pants are ideal for /thf.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 12:04:36  
Zatoichina said:
Personally i would use hachiman hands/fuma over dusk/hachi feet but i have a distinct loathing for dusk. Other than that pretty much what other people have said.

11 stp from gear on top of capped merits is 6-Hit as you said, Rajas/Brutal/Hachi hands in your TP set will push you far enough in to ws in full STR gear with no Store tp other than brutal obviously also and keep 6hit after ws.
Hehehe. Yeah, dusk can get annoying... Just have to switch over to the ws set when moving anywhere. XD I was just looking at it from a stat pov for str+4 vs. str+2, atk+5. =)

No one has really mentioned the ranged/ammo pieces yet though. >.>
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-20 12:04:51  
you know osode has dex + 10 right
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 12:08:07  
Thunderz said:
you know osode has dex + 10 right
Yep. I know that.

It's:
Str+6 Dex+6 Atk+12 Acc+12
vs.
Str+10 Dex+10

So, a difference of +4 Str, +4 Dex, -10 Atk, -9 acc between Haub+1 and Osode, right?
 Asura.Zatoichina
By Asura.Zatoichina 2009-08-20 12:12:50  
Tbest said:
Hehehe. Yeah, dusk can get annoying... Just have to switch over to the ws set when moving anywhere. XD I was just looking at it from a stat pov for str+4 vs. str+2, atk+5. =)

No one has really mentioned the ranged/ammo pieces yet though. >.>

Well the bonus of Hachi hands/Fuma lies in being able to WS in Rutter sabatons, which unfortunately are pretty much the best ws feet available to SAM which is sad but true and also keep 6hit, with Hachi feet you would fall short if you switched Rutter Sabatons in to your WS set.

Ammo is bleh, Black tathlum is great but seriously overpriced, Tiphia sting or Smart grenade are the best choices id say.

Sea gorgets are ossum so try get those asap.

Regarding Shura Kabuto+1 i really wouldnt bother if you have the moogle add on since that head is now better and will save you alot of gil in the long run.

Oh, and get Bushi!
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-20 12:13:08  
Tbest said:
I haven't tested between Haub and Osode yet. I ws in Osode on my Mnk atm, but was unsure of using it on Sam.

Totally. +10 STR and +10 DEX cant be beat in my opinion

Quote:
*Nods.* I had overlooked the Shura Kabuto +1. And yeah, I'd keep crafting it til I got the HQ. WW 99+2 atm. =)

Both Head and Pants are usually over looked for WS... at least from some of the players I've seen. unless you're lucky enough to get the Hiadate from ZNMs

Quote:
Don't you need Store TP +11 on all hits to have a 6-hit build even with Maxed Store TP merits?

You are correct. So a Brutal and Rajas is half way there. One piece of Hachi will suffice ...either hands or feet

Quote:
And yeah, for the rings I 'did' leave off Toreador's and Sniper's +1... But, 3 mil for 2 acc is last on my list, probably why I forgot them.

Can't beat a "Free" Blood Ring :)

Quote:
I hadn't thought of Forager's. I'll have to pick it up since it's so cheap

A LOT of people swear by it. Personally I use my Amemet +1, because I'm too cheap to buy a Foragers for One More STR.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 12:18:45  
*Nods.* I was looking more toward the atk and acc on the Hauby+1 outshining the 4 str/dex on the Osode.

I had seen the pants and need to start spamming synthing them for the HQ since I already have the abj to uncurse them. But, for some reason I was thinking Wyvern+1 was highest other than the SCNM and MKD.

Hehe, free is always nice. And like I said, 2 more acc for 3+ mil doesn't sound like a great deal. lol

Yeah, but Forager's is only 250k more for 1 more Str. Which... When you look at any of the other pieces, that's definitely one of the cheaper upgrades I can do atm.
 Bahamut.Raelia
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-08-20 12:29:22  
Skimmed, a little tl;dr, but did I really see people advocating Accuracy for Y/G/K?

Kuz said:
A LOT of people swear by it. Personally I use my Amemet +1, because I'm too cheap to buy a Foragers for One More STR.

Last month Foragers was cheaper than Amemet+1 on Bahamut for about a day. Was really weird.
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-20 12:47:19
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Looks like you're on the right track there OP.

The only things I could suggest are:

1. Stick with Pole Grip. There's a reason you see people wearing it, it's the best one. Platinum Grip +1 is a godsend in certain situations combined with Soboro though.

2. Use that Osode for WS. It's been parsed plenty of times, it's the winner. It looks better on paper anyways, no reason to not use it.

3. In regards to an ammo piece, Tiphia Sting for the meantime, Black Tathlum in the future. If you don't want that attack/accuracy, then use a Lightning Bow +1 or maybe Ifrit's Bow if you can get your hands on it.

4. Either get a Forager's or Cuchulain's mantle. I personally use Cuchulain's, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's an amazing piece, because you won't find anything else in the game outside of augmented Forager's mantles that can compare with the stat buffs. And what else is going to give you 8 accuracy on a back piece? (converted for 2-handers)

Other than all that, you're doing pretty well. If you're happy with the Hachi Sune-ate route, then stick with it. I personally use Askar Manopolas + Hachi Sune-ate for the time being, but I'll be swapping to Dusk Gloves soon as well.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-20 13:08:08  
Argettio said:

Sea gorgets

Foragers Mantel

This,

Shura head +1 would be great, Flame Ring too,

And I personally use Hachi hands and Fumas, just personal preference,

For ranged, what Vince said works, and if ur elvaan Oli Sachet thing

I would use Chuch mantle for TP yea, Foragers is fine too

If u can get a Justice Torque do it, TP in it, and WS in it till u get the right Sea Torques,

And Usukane feet, kinda solves everything here, and u can use them for MNK :o,

And yea what DM earring did u choose lol?

Id keep AF+1 legs for WS(Unless u get Hachiryu), get Rutter Feet, so u still have sTP+11 on WS.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-08-20 13:12:36  
I know the admins don't want job-specific forums here, but there should be a forum called "Samurai Gear Discussion" given all the threads that pop up here about it. :/
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 13:17:07  
Rumaha said:
This,

Shura head +1 would be great, Flame Ring too,

And I personally use Hachi hands and Fumas, just personal preference,

For ranged, what Vince said works, and if ur elvaan Oli Sachet thing

I would use Chuch mantle for TP yea, Foragers is fine too

If u can get a Justice Torque do it, TP in it, and WS in it till u get the right Sea Torques,

And Usukane feet, kinda solves everything here, and u can use them for MNK :o,

And yea what DM earring did u choose lol?
Yeah, I'll likely be switching to Shura +1 head and legs 'when' I can HQ them or just buy the HQ version. I'll have to look more closely at the cost / profit or loss for ingredients/NQ.

Yes, I am Elvaan like I said in the OP. But.. I'm curious to see if Olibanum Sachet outparses Tiphia for overall DoT in a merit party.

I'll be getting Forager's when I get home and 'possibly' getting a Cuch. I dunno yet.

Justice Torque's on the list, as I stated above in the OP...... :P I 'do' have the Flame Gorget for Kasha.

Usu feet are also on the list, but I haven't had a chance to get them yet. :P

As I stated previously, I got the Suppa from DM and need to redo it for Bushi to use on Mnk and Sam since I'm no longer taking Nin to 75 thanks to my brother having it at 75. >.>

Also, just realized I left off Askar head and Ace's Helm off my list. >.> I really should get up to lvl 100 and spam to get the head.

Rumaha said:
Id keep AF+1 legs for WS(Unless u get Hachiryu), get Rutter Feet, so u still have sTP+11 on WS.
The difference between AF+1 legs + rutter and Shura +1 legs + Hachiman are:

AF: Str+8 Store TP+4 Atk+5
Shura: Str+8 Acc+8 Store TP+5 WS Acc+2

So, a difference of 1 Store TP, 5 Atk, and 10 acc.
 Asura.Zatoichina
By Asura.Zatoichina 2009-08-20 13:21:07  
Why are people mentioning shura +1 when there are two helms that are better, moogle is free and la vaule is easy to farm.

STR 6 and WS acc +15 is rediculous though if you can get the moogle hat, and its free!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 13:22:42  
Well, I won't be getting the MKD head for Samurai. I'm getting the Mnk Head with the Acc+25. >.>

It 'is' a possibility to get the SCNM head 'if' Sandy owns all of the zones, which hasn't happened for awhile.
 Asura.Zatoichina
By Asura.Zatoichina 2009-08-20 13:25:01  
Sandy doesn't need to own all of the zones to get that helm, you need to farm the boxes and enter the bcnm.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 13:26:34  
Zatoichina said:
Sandy doesn't need to own all of the zones to get that helm, you need to farm the boxes and enter the bcnm.
Orly? O.oa I thought someone had to have control of all the zones for that front first. O.oa
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-08-20 13:26:50  
Zatoichina said:
STR 6 and WS acc +15 is rediculous though if you can get the moogle hat, and its free!

And a good way to make junk of it when you can get a lot more than +2 STR by swapping that alternative 10 accuracy out of other slots. As simple as STR rings swapped in over Woodsmans, 10 STR.

But thats if you're actually using a multihit WS. The MKD helm is not, should not, and shall not be built/used for Samurai.

If you need the accuracy, get full accuracy, then put damage gear in other slots. Stop this hybrid crap.
 Asura.Zatoichina
By Asura.Zatoichina 2009-08-20 13:30:36  
Raelia said:
Zatoichina said:

And a good way to make junk of it when you can get a lot more than +2 STR by swapping that 10 accuracy out of other slots.

If you need the accuracy, get full accuracy, then put damage gear in other slots. Stop this hybrid crap.

I'm not really sure you know what you are talking about, STR +6 is the max a SAM can get on a head piece and Weapon skill accuracy on the same piece is junk? I must be doing it wrong /shrug.

I never said TP in it, Ace's and Wallmart Turban say hi!
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-08-20 13:32:02  
Zatoichina said:
Raelia said:
Zatoichina said:

And a good way to make junk of it when you can get a lot more than +2 STR by swapping that 10 accuracy out of other slots.

I'm not really sure you know what you are talking about, STR +6 is the max a SAM can get on a head piece and Weapon skill accuracy on the same piece is junk? I must be doing it wrong /shrug.

Protip: Single hit WS have capped accuracy automatically. Enjoy your +1 STR over AH'ables.

If you're citing the accuracy, its for multihit. If its multihit, you're better off Acc+WSAcc.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-20 13:32:51  
Yeah, for head TP @ 75 I'd say:

Ace's > Askar > Walahra > Hissho Hachimaki > Optical Hat.

Raelia said:
Zatoichina said:
Raelia said:
Zatoichina said:

Protip: Single hit WS have capped accuracy automatically. Enjoy your +1 STR over AH'ables.

If you're citing the accuracy, its for multihit. If its multihit, you're better off Acc+WSAcc.
*Nods.* If I was getting the head for Samurai, I'd go acc+25 for Polearm Penta Thrust.
 Asura.Zatoichina
By Asura.Zatoichina 2009-08-20 13:33:28  
+1 STR makes all the difference when your gear is at a stage that is difficult to improve, you are welcome to check my gear sets and tell me where i am going wrong though, all imput is welcome and you seem like a pro!

Night^^
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-20 13:33:59  
Tbest said:

Rumaha said:
The difference between AF+1 legs + rutter and Shura +1 legs + Hachiman are:

AF: Str+8 Store TP+4 Atk+5
Shura: Str+8 Acc+8 Store TP+5 WS Acc+2

So, a difference of 1 Store TP, 5 Atk, and 10 acc.

Thought AF+1 had +5 sTP, cuz everythin else is +5 lol, i mean rutter are better cuz that acc is really a moot point, Shura+1 > AF+1, otherwise unless u use Hachi hands in TP phase u need some sTP on WS i believe but im to lazy to math atm,

And maybe some People auged the moogle armors for other jobs >.>.

I believe Olib Sac would be better then Tiphia but not Black Tath,

I OBVIOUSLY didnt read it all lol, just clicked the blue thingys!

You chose Suppa? >.>
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-20 13:34:50  
Tbest said:
Yeah, for head TP @ 75 I'd say:

Ace's > Askar > Walahra > Hissho Hachimaki > Optical Hat.

This would be correct, but Saotome Kabuto > Optical hat :P, Has Def! lol

And it looks cooler ;o
First Page 2 3