Rudra's Storm Questions

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Rudra's Storm Questions
Rudra's Storm Questions
By Datass 2015-03-09 10:16:06  
I've looked around a bit but haven't been able to find answers to a few questions regarding Rudra's

- Can a multihit proc on this WS or is it just single hit with crit or no crit?

- I know it has TP multipliers and the mod is dex- is dex the single most important stat to be pumping here?

- Assuming that Dex is king, what stat would be next? I was thinking either +crit rate or +crit damage? But then again this may depend entirely upon whether it's stacked with SA?

Considering I don't use gearswap, I will need to create gearsets and change manually depending on scenario.

Honestly I'm just trying to learn a bit more about how the WS works. I'm a returning player and I feel like the knowledge base about the game has moved forward so much since I last played- I feel like such a n00b again. Thanks for helping me play catch-up with my knowledge.

Bonus question: Does the effect of bully last the full 30 sec for any-direction SA, or just for next attack. Aka, can a melee hit erase bully so that SA won't land?

(Christ the game is so much different from the last time I actually played THF...)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-09 10:21:28  
Datass said: »
I've looked around a bit but haven't been able to find answers to a few questions regarding Rudra's

- I know it has TP multipliers and the mod is dex- is dex the single most important stat to be pumping here?

- Assuming that Dex is king, what stat would be next? I was thinking either +crit rate or +crit damage? But then again this may depend entirely upon whether it's stacked with SA?

Considering I don't use gearswap, I will need to create gearsets and change manually depending on scenario.

Honestly I'm just trying to learn a bit more about how the WS works. I'm a returning player and I feel like the knowledge base about the game has moved forward so much since I last played- I feel like such a n00b again. Thanks for helping me play catch-up with my knowledge.

Bonus question: Does the effect of bully last the full 30 sec for any-direction SA, or just for next attack. Aka, can a melee hit erase bully so that SA won't land?

(Christ the game is so much different from the last time I actually played THF...)

Rudra's is multi-hit already, and every non-magic melee WS can multi-attack if you have it.

As for crit, Rudras cannot crit without it being forced via SA/TA etc. Yes, DEX is king, unless you're forcing a crit, then it gets a lot more complex. You should refer to the guide for gearing suggestions.

Bully is a status effect placed on the mob, it lasts 30 seconds, and anyone in your ally is able to use it while it's active.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-09 10:22:58  

It multi-hits, most of the time it isn't very noticable.

Dex is the most important stat if you aren't stacking with SA or TA, if you are, then generally go for crit damage then DEX unless we're talking a lot of DEX, an example being that a DEX +7 cape beats a +2 Crit Damage Cape with SA.

Pretty much answered the next point just previous but for the record crit rate is garbage, if unstacked it won't crit, if stacked it will crit, rate does nothing.

Bully lasts the full duration and will benefit any thf attacking the mob with regards to SA.
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-03-09 10:24:12  
As Rudra's Storm does not have "Critical strike chance varies with TP" in the description it cannot naturally crit without being forced by Sneak Attack or the Flourish I don't remember the name of. It can multi attack but the offhand hits are nearly worthless. DEX is generally the most important stat, however when you use Sneak Attack with it stacking Critical Hit Damage can be better. Critical Hit Chance is actually worthless for Rudras. Bully only works with SA.
By Datass 2015-03-09 11:12:20  
Thanks all for the responses, that makes my life much easier and explains a lot for me (such as why I was told by someone to buy a Windbuffet+1 for WSing).

Odin.Jassik said: »
You should refer to the guide for gearing suggestions.

I absolutely agree with this and I refer to the guide often. But for someone such as myself who was gone for several years, it takes time to get to that stage of gearing and I want to gear appropriately in the interim. The guides are amazing, but being able to understand why mod x beats mod y will help me progress toward the gear that is listed :)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-09 11:17:14  
Thanks all for the responses, that makes my life much easier and explains a lot for me (such as why I was told by someone to buy a Windbuffet+1 for WSing).

Odin.Jassik said: »
You should refer to the guide for gearing suggestions.

I absolutely agree with this and I refer to the guide often. But for someone such as myself who was gone for several years, it takes time to get to that stage of gearing and I want to gear appropriately in the interim. The guides are amazing, but being able to understand why mod x beats mod y will help me progress toward the gear that is listed :)

Windbuffet +1 is a great waist slot for some WS, just not for rudras.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-09 11:24:58  
An extra hit on Rudra's Storm is going to amount to about the same damage you do on a regular swing, which is why you may sometimes see Rudra's doing extremely pitiful damage: you missed the first (and only meaningful) hit. Likewise, Assassin's Charge is pretty much worthless on Rudra's, should you have merits for it.
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-09 12:13:30  

good god how did i not know this was a thing?!?! i just looked this up, Any direction SA?! XD God damnit! my world just opened up lol, Thank you sir.
 Valefor.Ophannus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-03-09 12:51:47  
Quote:
As Rudra's Storm does not have "Critical strike chance varies with TP"

This is why I stress Larceny job points. 1min duration Mighty Strikes makes for some absolutely ludicrous crit Rudra spams.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-03-11 12:22:53  
Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Quote:
As Rudra's Storm does not have "Critical strike chance varies with TP"

This is why I stress Larceny job points. 1min duration Mighty Strikes makes for some absolutely ludicrous crit Rudra spams.

Larceny blood weapon is also pretty sick too with buffs.