users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD Soloing PW
PLD Soloing PW
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-05-12 02:55:47  
any trouble for a aegis/ochian pld to solo PW? ive never fought him before and want to try with at least one of my 5 pops
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-05-12 03:55:53  
If it helps I have found several vids of this on youtube. Make sure you wear reraise set during last phase just incase.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-12 04:24:37  
In ilvl119 gear you won't really have to worry about PDT, for the first 10mins of the fight I was dual wielding swords in my TP set without realising. All the mobs will miss you a lot, so just stick with Aegis, I would also recommend full-timing PDT just in case PW uses one of those annoying moveswhen he's changing forms, TP on the lamps and WS PW, have 3 trusts out too.

I dual-boxed him recently and forgot to summon trusts before the fight, got floored by Discoid on his first form, because I had my whm with me I was able to recover but having 3 trusts and full PDT (MDT should be capped in full PDT) should reduce Discoid to 337 if he gets it off I believe but your trusts will get wiped out in the process, no big loss, just a slower fight.

As for AF, you should survive, I always did, of course I had the benefit of splitting AF between 2 targets, make use of Rampart as a pre-caution, if you are /rdm you can apply stoneskin for a bit more reduction as well as the MDB II job trait and you can apply the barspell of your choice, perhaps the current day. If you know of a better sub just go for it, use your best judgement, /RUN is probably a solid choice as well, I personally don't have it though.

Just top yourself off before 75, 50 and 25 in the final form and you can equip twilight set as a pre-caution since you should be capped MDT regardless, if you happen to die to either of the first 2 AF, just hold it until you unweak or you'll just die on the next AF while weak, if you die on the last one you can probably just power on through to the kill.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-12 04:34:34  
Personally i found, worse than AF, that just puts an aegis pld in yellow hp, the multiples consecultive cast, stun, nukes, enfeebs, etc. I dont know what tools most of you uses, but without any it was so many cast my char became "locked", unable to move or act.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-12 04:40:27  
Pantafernando said: »
Personally i found, worse than AF, that just puts an aegis pld in yellow hp, the multiples consecultive cast, stun, nukes, enfeebs, etc. I dont know what tools most of you uses, but without any it was so many cast my char became "locked", unable to move or act.
I generally found myself not being able to line up the lamps so I gave up, they struggled to hit me anyway and as you say, their casting is more threatening anyway, since I had a WHM mule with me I didn't have to worry so much about curing myselfbut I don't recall being at too much risk from their nukes either, just keep important things macro'd in case of animation lock.