FFVII Remake... It's Official! (Discussion)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 07:58:17  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
IGN says the same thing

Quote:
Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released in multiple parts.

According to Square, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be "told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience."
Don't like.

Yeah. Saw this and facepalmed.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-07 09:00:15  
Ramyrez said: »
IGN says the same thing

Quote:
Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released in multiple parts.

According to Square, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be "told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience."
Don't like.

Yeah. Saw this and facepalmed.
The ***?

You would still sell as many copies if they were all released at once and quadrupled the price than sell 4 parts over the course of time (assuming that this is a 4 part series).

Either way, what a way to ***over the fanbase -.-
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-07 09:05:50  
It's really due to the sheer size of the game. The original is pretty massive as it is, I think there's ultimately more content than in those old 3 discs than many modern games. To maintain as much of that as possible but still making it to the high technical standards, you'd have to either wait years for it to be released or eat it up in segments.

Just make like Vincent, get in a coffin and sleep for a few years til it's done.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 09:11:45  
Quote:
"told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience."

Bolded is actually my primary cause for concern.

A series of episodic games each with a different play style would thoroughly nuke the experience, imo, of FFVII.

Meh. I hate being that person who harps on the deficiencies when a treasured old thing is made new (see: Star Wars rereleases), but I feel like with the way Square Enix has done things over the past fifteen years, it's almost like they're taking a sure thing and bending over backward to find ways to *** it up.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-07 09:17:45  
One episode will be all snowboarding mini-game. Gotta stop that train in Corel? Snowboard the side of the mountain to get there.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 09:18:47  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
One episode will be all snowboarding mini-game. Gotta stop that train in Corel? Snowboard the side of the mountain to get there.

I was actually going to say this.

Waiting for the first Episode to be all motorcycle-based. FF:Road Rash.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-07 09:26:46  
In seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if they had entire episodes dedicated to and expanding upon the parts where Tifa and Cid take the lead. I'm sure everything up til the point where you leave Midgar would be an entire section too.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-07 09:27:28  
I hope the first episode isn't just getting out of Midgar.

I think everyone would be severely pissed off if that's the case...

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I'm sure everything up til the point where you leave Midgar would be an entire section too.

DIE!!!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 09:29:32  
Actually, that really is a pretty good cutting off point for the first episode. If not there, then...where? Arriving at the Golden Saucer for the first time, maybe?
 Asura.Ninjaface
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-07 09:30:43  
Actually, that really is a pretty good cutting off point for the first episode. If not there, then...where? Arriving at the Golden Saucer for the first time, maybe?
my guess is that it would end with the flashback stuff. If I had to guess. that or getting on the boat from Junon seem like natural stopping points.

Though I am assuming at least 5 episodes a la Telltale games or Life is Strange.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-07 09:31:35  
Good cutting off point for the first episode?

Right after the party leaves Mt. Nibel. Or after Cloud confronts Sephiroth in Shinra Mansion and goes towards Mt. Nibel.

Second cutting off point would be after Cloud goes crazy and gives the Black Materia to Sephiroth in North Mountain, causing Meteor to be summoned.

Going this route would make this a 3 episode series.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-07 09:34:25  
If SE is smart about this, they could make this into a series like .hack where save data would go between episodes and all that jazz.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-07 09:37:25  
Think I recall them saying they wanted to expand the Midgar stuff and have you explore more parts of it. Midgar was always my favorite part, I felt like it shoulda spent more time there.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 09:43:17  
I suddenly just realized I'm going to end up buying a PS4 and at least the first episode for one reason.

Because despite any other complaints I may end up having, I have to see how the dressing-cloud-up-as-a-hot-woman plays out in 1080p.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-07 09:44:31  
I suddenly just realized I'm going to end up buying a PS4 and at least the first episode for one reason.

Because despite any other complaints I may end up having, I have to see how the dressing-cloud-up-as-a-hot-woman plays out in 1080p.
I'm foolishly hoping they'll release it on PC.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-07 09:46:20  
Episodic release is not a first. The After Years was initially like that too.

And I think it's bs. If I buy a game I want it all, not some now, some in 6 months.

Screw this dlc era.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-07 09:50:08  
Episodic release is not a first. The After Years was initially like that too.

And I think it's bs. If I buy a game I want it all, not some now, some in 6 months.

Screw this dlc era.
You not gonna get the Aerith's death exclusive pre-order bonus from GameStop then? I hear it makes Aerith's death sadder, adds two new costumes for her to die in and makes that white materia falling scene twice as long.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-07 10:08:20  

What, and you don't want to find out the bouncing mechanics will be?

I'm just curious if they will allow us to choose a party member to actively fight as. Always slashing ***as Cloud get's kindof boring after a while.

Give the the ability to whack ***with a stick as Aerith or pierce things as Cid.
By Jetackuu 2015-12-07 10:17:47  
IGN says the same thing

Quote:

No additional details were provided, including any kind of price or release timing for part one.

The Final Fantasy VII remake was first announced at E3 and we recently heard the original composer won't be involved.
lol...
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 10:44:31  
Jetackuu said: »
and we recently heard the original composer won't be involved.

This one seemed relatively obvious actually, but...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-07 10:53:28  
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 10:55:13  
*** that.

Only reason I'd pay that is to kill her twice.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-07 10:55:15  
Drac said: »

tad bit of a misquote their sir.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 11:05:59  

Meh. Point was made. Pedantic niggle ignoredreviewed and dismissed.
By Jetackuu 2015-12-07 14:49:30  

Meh. Point was made. Pedantic niggle ignoredreviewed and dismissed.
/slap
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-07 16:11:49  
Quote:
Final Fantasy VII Remake producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Tetsuya Nomura have shared more details about Final Fantasy VII Remake, including why the game will release in multiple parts.

In interviews published by Famitsu and Dengeki Online (via Gematsu), the duo confirmed that the game will officially be called Final Fantasy VII Remake to assure players that the game is not merely a sequel or spin-off.

“I don’t want the remake to end as something nostalgic. I want to get the fans of the original version excited. We’ll be making adjustments to the story with this feeling in mind."

The Famitsu interview also confirmed that various companies, including CyberConnect2, were involved in development and all were working closely together to ensure the game is consistent, particularly as Nomura had been "annoyed" by the direction of the latest trailer as it departed too much from Square Enix's own style.

There will be three-member parties in Final Fantasy VII Remake and free switching between them, and while the ATB gauge will be present, it won't be the type that fills up while you wait to attack but instead its own system that "lends to the action of this game".

"Regarding the battle speed and tempo, for the sake of a stress-free battle, we want to do something on the level of Dissidia Final Fantasy," said Nomura. “As far as the degree of action goes, it’s Dissidia Final Fantasy, then Kingdom Hearts, then Final Fantasy VII Remake. There won’t be any actions that require a technique. By using the new system, we want to do action battles while also being able to fight while thinking strategically.”

Cloud looks "skinny due to his white skin and the lighting" and the scenario in which he cross-dresses for Don Corneo will remain, but has yet to be redesigned.

The "entirety" of the latest trailer is all in-game (besides the E3 2015 trailer snippets), and the quality of the teaser is "just the starting point".

"One of the main reasons why we haven’t done a remake until now is because it’s a massive undertaking to reconstruct Final Fantasy VII from the ground up with the current technology," said Kitase. "To a great extent, we just couldn’t take the plunge. Producing a proper HD remake of Final Fantasy VII that maintains the same feeling of density of the original results in a volume of content that couldn’t possibly fit into one installment."

"If we were to try to fit everything into one installment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of Final Fantasy VII. But there would be no point in doing that," added Nomura. "For instance, players will be able to explore many different areas of Midgar in this game that they couldn’t access in the original─if we’re remaking this world, we want to add in areas like this and depict them with real detail.

"Of course, there may be parts that are cut from the original for various reasons, but with all the new depiction that we’re adding to the game and the level of detail we’re incorporating, the overall amount of content is only going to increase. I’m sure everyone is anxious about the schedule, and we want everyone to get to play the game as soon as possible, too. Drawing the line on that front is another reason why we’re taking this approach."

“In addition to delving into these episodes more deeply, we’re preparing a number of mechanisms and such," Nomura added. "To those who played the original version will know the important parts and understand the story from the beginning to the end. Also for these people, I hope that they can be surprised once again.”

Quote:
Much like Kingdom Hearts III, Square Enix's upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake will be powered by Unreal Engine 4.

"We realize how special Final Fantasy VII is to fans, and we place our trust in Unreal Engine 4 technology and tools to help deliver this long-awaited remake, crafted for modern platforms," Square Enix producer Yoshinori Kitase said in a statement.

Taka Kawasaki of Epic Games Japan also spoke to the partnership, saying: "We’re humbled that Square Enix has chosen Unreal Engine 4 to recreate one of the world’s most beloved video games of all time. It is a joy to work with the talented developers behind the franchise, and this marks an unforgettable moment in Unreal Engine history."

Additionally, Geomerics has revealed that Final Fantasy VII Remake will make use of its lighting technology, Enlighten, "as the indirect lighting solution of choice." According to the company's announcement, the team "will continue to work closely with Square Enix throughout development to ensure the final lighting quality exceeds expectations."
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-07 16:33:42  
the scenario in which he cross-dresses for Don Corneo will remain
/shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-07 17:42:29  
I really hope that since it's being built on Unreal 4 that there will be a PC version if not AT launch, VERY shortly after.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-12-07 17:54:32  
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-07 18:01:39  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »

You actually "can" save Aerith. But it involves a bit of exploiting memory glitches that warp you past that CS.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25