Returning To The Game And Decided On Gearing MyBst

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Returning to the game and decided on gearing myBst
Returning to the game and decided on gearing myBst
By cervelo84 2015-07-31 11:49:05  
Hello everyone. The guide is amazing yet I have some specific questions I would like answered.

Should I use Taeon gear to augment with since I may use it for puppetmaster or no Acro is better?

Should I first farm 20-30 million gil for all the augments or just learn the job first then do augments? ( I am assuming augments are the hardest part of gearing the job? ) I have the ouryu earring and other things like Relic/AF/Empy )

I have a full DW set of Taeon, how many more pieces of Taeon do I need to get? ( like 3 of each (hands body head etc? ) I assume PDT/MDT for pet is a must but what about Magic ATTK bonus verses plan ole attack power. Do you swap when you use sic if you know your pet will do an elemental WS?

Do I need to augment a headpiece for Taeon to get PDT if I have Anwig salade? (-10pdt helm from the wotg expansion)

Questions for my character-

Will I be doing weaponskills in the content with tough - IT mobs or will I be sitting back mostly?
Should I focus only on Cloudsplitter macro gear or should I merit Ruinator?

Will I use my Thiefs DW gear at all?

My Farsha is 90, if I fall in love with the job should I do it up to i119 or make the mythic instead?

If I have equipped a i119 axe and one of the new pets ( pentapeck pet (example) ) is summoned, will he Dlvl to 99 if I equip Astolfo?

Is Astolfo still good? I have x2

How many inventory spots does the average BST have LEFT? Seems like BSt has the largest gearswap ever? But I am not 100 % on this assumption having yet to actually dive in yet.

Thank you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-31 12:49:07  
First of all let me preface this by saying I'm not a bst main so if any career bsts want to correct any info i post please do so. With that said, I will answer the following as best as possible...

1) There isn't much difference between the possible augs for both acro and taeon gear. Ideally, you are going to need several sets to tailor your pet to whatever event you are doing like an acc set, macc set, atk set, matk set etc...

2) Not sure why you need a specific order on this, but bst is pretty strong on old stuff even without the skirmish gear/augs. I'd say you can learn bst while you farm gil/skirmish to get your gear up to date. Just understand that you won't be ready for endgame stuff until you complete most of the sets in the bst guide.

3) Again, like question 1, you are going to need multiple sets depending on situation and pet you are using. I personally don't melee on bst because if something is safe enough for my bst to melee, I'd be better off coming blu anyways. However, a DW set for bst is nice and someone else can specify the augs you want DW vs TA and when etc etc... Also, you choose the tp moves your pets do, so there is no guesswork when trying to decide which set to equip. The days of "sic" are from charmed mobs which aren't really a factor anymore. You will be using jug pets 99% of the time (and probably 100% unless you are just goofing off for fun).

4) I would, the anwig hat is great and should be on any bsts DT macro/set. However, you will swap gear to use ready moves and during that time, your pet might get hit, any/all DT- will help when you arent sitting in a pet DT set. Additionally, you have to factor in Unleash which allows you to spam ready moves without a recharge timer on your ready moves. If you can put DT- augs on whatever set you are spamming ready moves from at that time, it would help tremendously.

The other questions are better served for someone else as I don't melee. Most mobs in end game will likely 1 shot you though so it depends really on what kinds of things you want to do on bst. The only other question I can answer is Astolfo is still awesome, but only in your offhand. Your pet WILL delevel if you take off your 119 main hand axe so using them both wouldn't help at all. As for the mythic vs empy debate, mythic all the way. It's most likely cheaper/easier to obtain than a 119 empy, and gives a huge boost to your pet. I'm not a career/fulltime bst by any means and I still use a ton of inventory on it. I know I wasn't able to answer all of your questions, but hopefully this was at the very least a good start. Good luck!
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-07-31 12:57:15  
Great start. I am trying to calculate a rough estimate of how much gil I will be needing and which Augments I want to do for Taeon. It seems like I need a MAATK set PDT set with Attack bonus and a MDT set? ( I have a Str set/ accuracy from my samuri ACRO ) But it would seem like the pet augments are most important to start with. Cloudsplitter ws gear can wait? I am still a bit confused with the taeon. I suppose it is smart to use Taeon if I plan on dusting off my puppetmaster.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2015-07-31 13:04:27  
Falkirk's BST Guide

^ Check that first. It will answer pretty much any/every question you will have.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-31 13:07:44  
Yea taeon will prove to be better for you so you can get more use out of it instead of just bst. Both Taeon/Acro can get roughly the same augs (use the bst guide for specifics) so barring an extremely specific set like a Call Beast delay - set (which is on acro only), taeon will likely be a better option for you if you don't mind using taeon for everything. And just to make sure we are clear... you can have more than 1 Taeon set. They aren't r/e so you can have 10 of them if you wanted to.

As far as an estimate on gil, no one can help you there. The augs are completely random. I've heard some horror stories of people spending tons, and I mean TONS of gil on augs while others get what they want after just a few attempts per piece. It's pretty ridiculous, but that's a separate issue. Luckily for you though, this WKR campaign that just ended flooded the market with high tier skirmish pop items so stone prices have dropped quite a bit recently (at least on Phoenix). Just do yourself a favor and truly pay attention to the augment section on the bst guide so you don't waste stones trying for an aug that isn't possible lol.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-31 13:08:55  
Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane said: »
Falkirk's BST Guide

^ Check that first. It will answer pretty much any/every question you will have.

This so much, but he did say in his OP that he went through that guide and had a few more specific questions to ask based on the guide, which makes sense lol.
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-07-31 13:10:27  
BST IS TEH BEST!
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-07-31 13:28:31  
Is bst rlly that strong?

Man I just logged back in for the first time in a long time and there are BST everywhere! I see MAAB aug for pets on most everyones gear.
 Fairy.Armando
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Armando 2015-07-31 22:02:37  
I was thinking on coming back as well.

The sticky guide is an awesome starting point but I got one question.

I keep reading that BST is a bandwagon job right now and easy to gear but the truth is I feel overwhelmed by all the changes since I left (by the end of VW), specially since I do not clearly understand the role of a BST on endgame and how much active has it become with the capabilities of self SC and MBs?

Are we wanted due to damage capabilities or it is still about survaivability? Maybe a combination of both.
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-01 02:24:46  
I've played BST since the NA release of this game. I played BST because it was fun. I give zero shits about what other people think about it :P it's just a really fun job imo