フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Site Update 2015.08.18
Site Update 2015.08.18
 Bismarck.Branden
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-08-18 14:14:39  
Asura.Sechs said: »
It doesn't affect me personally in any way, but I think the timer to be ignored by the Achievements list should be set to 60 days (2 months), not 30.

While it should be rare, it's not that unbelievable that someone regularly playing FFXI wouldn't buy/sell anything on AH for 30 days.
It doesn't seem a large enough window imho.

Yeah I'm one of those people, I sell things on AH through my mules since my main barely has inventory space to hold random stuff I'll just sell/bazaar and I rarely buy anything from the auction house since what I'm buying is usually only bazaarable goods (currency/alex/etc).

For now I'll just take Rooks' advice and buy an earth crystal tonight though
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 14:17:30  
Bismarck.Branden said: »
Yeah I'm one of those people, I sell things on AH through my mules since my main barely has inventory space to hold random stuff I'll just sell/bazaar and I rarely buy anything from the auction house since what I'm buying is usually only bazaarable goods (currency/alex/etc).

Yeah, I wouldn't have had to resort to this if I could count on the LSCOM giving me useful information.

Plus, I'm stimulating the economy, yo
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 14:18:08  
Rooks said: »
Bismarck.Branden said: »

Yeah, I wouldn't have had to resort to this if I could count on the LSCOM giving me useful information.

Plus, I'm stimulating the economy, yo

Crystal bias!
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-18 14:40:38  
fillerbunny9 said: »
any idea on when/if mission progress can be fixed? my progress has been out of date for at least two years at this point, despite my craft(s) leveling with me just fine.

How is your mission progress broken? Is it correct on the lscom site?

it was correct the last time I was able to access my info on the site, which was 1-2 weeks ago. right now, the LSCOM page gives me the following error whenever I click on my character portrait: "The server is currently busy and will be unable to properly transmit data. Please try again later." what I have been running into is that FFXIAH has been updating regularly all of my other information except for Mission/Assaults completion. for example, I got Captain well before even beginning my Mythic weapon, which I worked on for over a year and completed this past January. I don't know where the disconnect is, and I am sure LSCOM's lack of updating is at least partly responsible, but I would figure the issue to be farther reaching than just myself.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 14:44:20  
Try reregistering your character?
[+]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2015-08-18 14:44:30  
Usually the problem with people's LSCOM pages breaking involves wearing one of the newer titles from Adoulin or beyond. For some reason, they never did input the new titles into the LSCOM programming, so whenever you're wearing one and it does a "sweep" of your character, your character's page just is broken. Try putting on an old title like "Cloud Breaker" or something.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 14:46:57  
any idea on when/if mission progress can be fixed? my progress has been out of date for at least two years at this point, despite my craft(s) leveling with me just fine.

it was correct the last time I was able to access my info on the site, which was 1-2 weeks ago. right now, the LSCOM page gives me the following error whenever I click on my character portrait: "The server is currently busy and will be unable to properly transmit data. Please try again later." what I have been running into is that FFXIAH has been updating regularly all of my other information except for Mission/Assaults completion. for example, I got Captain well before even beginning my Mythic weapon, which I worked on for over a year and completed this past January. I don't know where the disconnect is, and I am sure LSCOM's lack of updating is at least partly responsible, but I would figure the issue to be farther reaching than just myself.

Yeah, straight clicking through doesn't work, due to how they handle incoming traffic. You'll have to actually log in and look at it.

For captain, you need log out with Captain as your title, and then get it scanned with the LSCOM scanner. I need to fix that so it works with GW as well, but right now it's LSCOM only.

I'd look at it and make sure everything's set to public. Really, what this tells me is that I need to fix up parts of the GW data integration so we have to rely on the LSCOM even less than I already do.
 Asura.Ackeronll
サーバ: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-08-18 14:51:42  
How will I be able to tell who is blocking me now?!

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-18 14:55:44  
Kalila said: »
I have to admit, I clicked on a few posts on the front page and wondered where their post was.
That awkward moment of, I wonder why the page isn't scrolling down. Oh... that's why!
Wait someone one had you blocked? Crazy.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-18 15:58:50  

Yeah, straight clicking through doesn't work, due to how they handle incoming traffic. You'll have to actually log in and look at it.

For captain, you need log out with Captain as your title, and then get it scanned with the LSCOM scanner. I need to fix that so it works with GW as well, but right now it's LSCOM only.

I'd look at it and make sure everything's set to public. Really, what this tells me is that I need to fix up parts of the GW data integration so we have to rely on the LSCOM even less than I already do.

I have been logged into the site when doing this, but thanks to Escha, I almost assuredly have a "newer" title screwing things up. I will try switching it to Captain and seeing if that fixes my issue with their site as well. basically, I log in, click my character so that I can view my profile containing levels, progress, etc and get that error right now on their page.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 17:51:30  
Rooks, had a thought.

Would this update by chance be adding a lot of people to the rankings as it's now pulling active from ah history instead of from LSCOM?

Or does one still have to be registered?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 18:16:55  
Jetackuu said: »
Rooks, had a thought.

Would this update by chance be adding a lot of people to the rankings as it's now pulling active from ah history instead of from LSCOM?

It's the exact same query as before, but with AH activity as an additional parameter. Proper subset, as it were.

I honestly need to integrate Guildwork better, so we aren't dependent on the LSCOM as much. The big things the LSCOM does for us are 1) tell us when someone no longer exists and 2) give non-Windower players a way to check in.

There's nothing I can do about 2: console support is going away eventually and there's already so many things the depend on GW (merits, job points, upgraded relics), that it seems like a lost battle.

For 1 I guess I just need to start relying on AH activity, which should do wonders for the earth crystal market.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-18 18:22:19  
I honestly need to integrate Guildwork better, so we aren't dependent on the LSCOM as well.
Yeah it seems that would be the way to go. LSCOM is plagued with so many problems and bugs, etc. GW I think would be the most accurate and reliable way to go. Even if it requires people who normally play without Windower and GW plugin to just have it installed so they can occasionally log in once in awhile for a few minutes so that their stats and such update.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-18 18:45:12  
Jetackuu said: »
Rooks, had a thought.

It's the exact same query as before, but with AH activity as an additional parameter. Proper subset, as it were.

I honestly need to integrate Guildwork better, so we aren't dependent on the LSCOM as much. The big things the LSCOM does for us are 1) tell us when someone no longer exists and 2) give non-Windower players a way to check in.

There's nothing I can do about 2: console support is going away eventually and there's already so many things the depend on GW (merits, job points, upgraded relics), that it seems like a lost battle.

For 1 I guess I just need to start relying on AH activity, which should do wonders for the earth crystal market.

For some of us LSCOM has ceased working entirely. Somehow when I transferred servers my LSCOM profile got either corrupted or altered somehow such that you get the stupid "server is busy" message if you try to follow the link.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 18:54:32  
Have to unregister and reregister on new server on the LSCOM after a server transfer.
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-18 20:20:18  
I cannot even register my mule with the LSCOM, as I get the same error that my main gets.
 Lakshmi.Kathee
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Brei
By Lakshmi.Kathee 2015-08-18 22:06:52  
Bismarck.Rosalee said: »
Usually the problem with people's LSCOM pages breaking involves wearing one of the newer titles from Adoulin or beyond. For some reason, they never did input the new titles into the LSCOM programming, so whenever you're wearing one and it does a "sweep" of your character, your character's page just is broken. Try putting on an old title like "Cloud Breaker" or something.

Try this and unequip all your gear or just have gear on that was for level 75 content.
 Lakshmi.Smithhart
user: smithra
By Lakshmi.Smithhart 2015-08-18 23:48:21  
Great job, Rooks! You're the man :)

Hi Kathee!
 leo
By leo 2015-08-19 09:25:52  
leo said: »
Since you implemented this "filter" could you add a feature to allow people to view the complete list with inactive chars?

Does a char becoming inactive excludes it from receiving updates at the site database? If that's the case, forget what I just said...

Hrm, I could probably do two versions of it, sure. "Current" and "All-time". Is that something people would want?

Yeah, I was thinking of something on that line when I posted. Thank you! :D
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-19 09:42:30  
Lakshmi.Kathee said: »
Bismarck.Rosalee said: »

Try this and unequip all your gear or just have gear on that was for level 75 content.

did everything I could to eliminate Adoulin era content (stripped naked, set job to SAM, title to Captain) and logged out overnight and the problem persists. I think it is just the LSCOM site being broken and nothing that I can really do about it.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-19 09:53:36  
I have to admit, I clicked on a few posts on the front page and wondered where their post was.

That awkward moment of, I wonder why the page isn't scrolling down. Oh... that's why!

It doesn't necessarily mean you've been blocked.

If someone posts in a thread and then chooses to delete their post, the listing on the forum page will still show their name as the last poster. But if you click on the thread link on the forum page, it won't automatically scroll to the bottom since that person's post is gone.
By Nyruul 2015-08-19 10:08:16  

Honestly reason 1 is a lost battle too or you wouldn't have had to base the ranking info on AH's active lists. Only significant use for LSCOM is that it is still the only way to get mission data. I guess that always will be since extracting missions packets seems to be an enigma puzzle of redundancy.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-19 10:09:58  
Nyruul said: »
Only significant use for LSCOM is that it is still the only way to get mission data

I actually have an answer for this one, just needs worked on.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-19 10:34:49  
GL mapping that packet, ya rook!

It's probably a bitfield like quests. Maybe three bits (active/not, complete/not, mission description read/not). The mission name .dats are available up to ASA in POLUtils.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-19 11:08:36  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
GL mapping that packet, ya rook!

It's probably a bitfield like quests. Maybe three bits (active/not, complete/not, mission description read/not). The mission name .dats are available up to ASA in POLUtils.

Honestly, since the reason most people care (that they've told me about, anyway) is for the achievement points on completion, I was just going to key off of the SoA title (Bringer of Hope) and the RoV key items, which get sent from GW. RoV even would let me track progress more incrementally since there's multiple KI.

Low tech, but quick, and solves the case most people care about.
By Nyruul 2015-08-19 11:22:18  
I was just going to key off of the SoA title (Bringer of Hope) and the RoV key items, which get sent from GW. RoV even would let me track progress more incrementally since there's multiple KI.

Low tech, but quick, and solves the case most people care about.

That is actually a good work around. Guildwork won't have title data if it was not loaded when a player got the title(and got replaced by the time it was loaded.) So people will have to pay bards to change their titles inorder to register them. So guess your stimulating the gil sink now! :p
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-08-19 11:48:41  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Now you mentioned that they "...were abused pretty much right off the bat", could you explain a bit? I guess someone could block someone and then start talking bad about them behind their back, but not only would they end up getting blocked by others, if someone quotes them then their posts get exposed anyways. I don't think that would actually ever happen but I could be wrong, maybe in P&R or something.

A bunch of people can block one person and they won't see anything in that thread pretty much
Also if someone makes/contributed to a helpful job guide etc, and then blocked a person. For example: a blocked person wouldn't be as able to productively level their spoony bard as well as an unblocked player that could access that info.
That sort of blocking effects the site's main purpose (vidyagaem infos). So, even if someone is a social reject, they should still be able to lurk for info at least.
I still don't see the issue with 2-way block.
So people who where mass blocked felt lonely and complained or was there a technical issue who blended out non-blocked users after a certain amount?

As for Guides, are they the property of the side or the user?
(log out still makes it possible to look at them).

• The report type "It's harassing a friend" has been changed to "It's harassing another user".

Good Job!
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-19 12:01:37  
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
I still don't see the issue with 2-way block.
So people who where mass blocked felt lonely and complained or was there a technical issue who blended out non-blocked users after a certain amount?

People were using it to launch personal attacks without fear of retribution (since no one who would report them could see what they were saying). There were other reasons, but it ultimately boiled down to it being a very anti-social tool, and wasn't worth the hassle. One way blocks still work obviously, and if someone is following people around and causing issues based on their posts, the existing harassment rules cover that.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-08-19 12:31:33  
"Moderators can no longer be blocked."

[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-19 12:33:41  
I think they should make the most blocked player on FFXIAH the new moderator, that would piss a lot of people off.