Pre-Adoulin BST Returning... What To Do First?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Pre-Adoulin BST returning... What to do first?
Pre-Adoulin BST returning... What to do first?
By Xilk 2015-09-04 00:13:10  
I stopped playing about 1 month before Seekers of Adoulin released. I was fairly well-geared bst.... though I never had top gear.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what to do first. There is ALOT of new material to look thru. Systems to figure out...

So I was hoping for some good advice on what to try to get first.

I'm thinking the Eminent Axe would be the quickest ilvl axe to get in a short time. getting high ilvl pets being the quickest way to beef up fast. Do records of eminence for sparks.... get axe, then upgrade Ferine/monster sets >>> Nukumi/Ankusa sets

Amirite?

Records of Eminence is mostly clear... however, I don't understand all the pieces about all the missions and artifact quests and other old content....

Do you get sparks by redoing old content? or can I get a huge chunk to start with from all the content I did already?

Or is there a better way to go? some other gear to focus on first? There is so much to sift thru, that its hard to tell.

Thanx for any good advice!
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-09-04 01:14:19  
Welcome back to the game Xilk. Godofgods asked a similar question about what gear to work on first in the BST guide and this is what my reply was:

Lakshmi.Kingofbastok said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
so i havnt been able to get into much being thf or drk, so i was considering gearing up bst to try and get some stuff done. I have it lvled, just hadnt rly played the job.

Wanted to get some ideas on some more easily obtainable gear to start off with. Hoping to do things like AA2 for rem chaps, unity mobs, maybe get into a delve or vagary pt one day (if they still use bst's). Any help/ideas/suggestions would be welcomed.

I think the big things you'll want to get are a 119 axe, preferably with good pet stats, alluvion skirmish armor with decent augments, a charmer's merlin and add-on pants for ready timer, jse cape with augment, and empy hands for ready dmg. Relic hands are also important to get if you want to use a pet that can't reach 119 without them.

Some other things you'll want to get are items for a decent one of the bst hats with minus reward recast time on them. You can also check the main guide for the other important items you'll want to get, but I would start with the things I reward set, such as reforged af/relic body, legs, and feet and mentioned in the first paragraph.

The Eminence Axe is a good starter axe until you can get a 119 axe (Alluvion Axes are a really good option with proper augments). If you have some friends who still play or can find some nice people, you could probably get most of the Alluvion Skirmish gear fairly quickly, since it's pretty easy to do.

As for the RoE's for missions, af quests, gobbie bag quests, etc., they can all be accepted and completed instantly if you did them already for free sparks and xp. Also try to sign up for a Unity as soon as you can. Some of the unity items are really good and also some of the Unity Trust Leaders are good for soloing/low-manning things.
 Shiva.Xenorex
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-09-04 17:11:25  
Sup Xilk, if you move on over to Shiva I know a few of us would be happy to help get you up to speed. There is so much since adoulin to do. I moved back here after MI finally gave out and joined with Minions, which is still quite active and pet job centric. There are a few 119 axe options that might be quicker, look into Arktoi, can probably just buy that one, then your 119 pet can get you through most content quite easy.
By Xilk 2015-09-14 13:25:39  
world transfer is $18 now?
I'm trying to decide to transfer or not.
Its never easy to leave a server.

Its so easy to work on mythic now, I'll have it eventually, but I don't think I should wait that long to go from ilvil 117 to 119.

plus thats a nice axe.. I like the stats on it. I'll have to calculate up how much it costs. Thank you!
 Bahamut.Visari
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Visari
By Bahamut.Visari 2015-09-24 22:40:59  
Xilk! welcome back bud! I am on shiva now and also in minions. I always wondered what happened to you. Good to see you're back in action.
By Xilk 2015-09-29 06:29:36  
Hey Vis

As far as what happened... Well RL happened. Job trouble. All good now.
 Bahamut.Visari
By Bahamut.Visari 2015-09-30 19:55:12  
Right on man. Glad to hear you got everything worked out. You still on Bahamut?
By Xilk 2015-10-01 12:00:52  
Yeah, still on Bahamut.

A couple old Monsters still around here and I'm trying to get my bearings around all the new stuff...

Running around in Sparks gear is very reminiscent of all the "Pink-Bst" there were shortly after Abyssea came out.

Part of me wants to push into alluvion skirmish for good gear right away.. but another part wants to spam salvage to get my Aymur then go thru Adoulin missions using mythic :D
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-01 12:29:08  
Actually if u have the Gil to make a aymur u should join or make a alluvion skirmish and augment two kumbhkarna axes with tp bonus +200 and a af3 119 hands and u will have +1000tp bonus. And get a set of taeon (attack/accuracy) and acro (mab/magic accuracy) and u are pretty much set. Just a few more pieces to aim for after that.
 Bahamut.Visari
By Bahamut.Visari 2015-10-01 16:05:20  
I have thought about moving back to Bahamut. I need to get back to spamming salvage. I think I am at 10k alex. I need that and the nyzul tokens. Still need to do 40 more assaults as well. I've given up on the gear grind. Maybe I'll see you soon lol. We can scrounge together some old Monsters to do content with.