フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Farming Reisenjima stones on BLU
Farming Reisenjima stones on BLU
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-03-25 08:45:13  
Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
I tried Gomberry this morning and...I was still missing a fair amount with 1357 accuracy. I was doing well with plenty of time but I mistimed a spectral floe and ended up on the ground thanks to the adds. Had him at 30%.

I mostly want to kill him for the clear, but also for the valorous mitts for my pld.

Gonna switch my Nibiru to acc path and perhaps try and get more acc on some of my herc pieces before I try him again.
1357 acc should be enough. These are ilvl 129 iirc. That much acc would even cover unm kings which are ilvl 135 iirc. Does tonberry have some native eva boost? Also how is your acc vorseals?
 Cerberus.Jeffil
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-03-30 11:28:05  
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
I tried Gomberry this morning and...I was still missing a fair amount with 1357 accuracy. I was doing well with plenty of time but I mistimed a spectral floe and ended up on the ground thanks to the adds. Had him at 30%.

I mostly want to kill him for the clear, but also for the valorous mitts for my pld.

Gonna switch my Nibiru to acc path and perhaps try and get more acc on some of my herc pieces before I try him again.
1357 acc should be enough. These are ilvl 129 iirc. That much acc would even cover unm kings which are ilvl 135 iirc. Does tonberry have some native eva boost? Also how is your acc vorseals?

I have 3/3 Acc vorseals at the moment.

Haven't tried him again, but will try once I get Amchuchu on Friday. Also, I don't know if I was missing due to shadows on him or not. Doesn't spectral floe wipe those shadows?
By Verda 2016-03-30 11:42:35  
Try dispelling, Sigh is a big evasion increase:
http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Sigh_%28Tonberry%29

I know when I had to solo the UNM Tonberry for my SMN mitts, it would cause flaming crush to miss if he got that up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-03-31 00:40:53  
Sylph.Parshias said: »
First thing try to get August. He's the best Trust tank around, so that'll help a lot. Amchuchu is great to have as well, but who knows when she'll be available again.

I've predominantly soloed three of the Reisenjima NMs, here are the details:

Belphegor - As long as you have the Magic Accuracy to land Blank Gaze, this guy is a big baby. The only remotely dangerous thing this guy will do is Sleepga II, and even then that's only really dangerous if he's already at very low HP and in his "spam Memento Mori every three seconds" phase. Amchuchu is the best tank to use here, although August is fine too and August will actually wake your WHM up if you do run into Sleepga. Subjob and spell set don't require anything specific outside of Blank Gaze.

Going to disagree heavily here. Just tried Belphegor 4 x and either timed out, had both tanks die, or got charmed due to a tank dead and couldn't recover.

Amchuchu is a great tank, almost too good of a tank, but is very poor for this fight if positioning is off (and it most certainly will be). Sleepga II will go off, and it will hit everybody. I didn't have an item to wake me up from sleep, and amchuchu, unlike August has no native curative magic for others, so the entire party will be slept for 2 minutes. Now normally this wouldn't be such a big deal since she can handle her own, but eventually she will die out from Belphegor 1v1 as she doesn't have the means to cure herself reliably. There goes 1 trust.

August would be a great tank, if the dude would actually wake someone up when we're all asleep! And for some reason, Hadal Summons can occasionally one-shot him, even when there is no Memento Mori up. In this case, its hard rely on him. I've found that the hardest thing in this fight is sleepga spam. I can handle dispelling it easily, but if it gets one sleepga off, its over basically. You may be able to tank it down to 20% after your tanks die off, but then you have to deal with danse macabre, which is another headache.

Any suggestions would be great, but not quite the cakewalk that was mentioned earlier. Or maybe its just my bad luck with sleepga. Timed out at aroun 20% every time.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-03-31 01:03:58  
Honestly, if you can't handle Belphegor, there aren't many other options for you. You'll want to improve your gear massively if you're actually timing out on him. I suppose Sang Buaya works, if you can deal with being stunned every 6 seconds. Less health, but more irritating mechanics.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-31 01:08:48  
Even if you get unlucky and get both spammed with sleep and charmed at the end, you still shouldn't be timing out.

Buukki said:
August would be a great tank, if the dude would actually wake someone up when we're all asleep!

He can and will do this unless he's silenced. However, he does tend to have a derpy order for who he wakes up first.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-03-31 01:18:56  
Gear is definitely not the issue as I can reliably take him down to about 20% in about 5minutes. Got 1180 acc in rcb tp gear, not even gearing for acc, so that's not a problem. The mechanics is that he's taking out a tank in the most unlucky fashion ever.

Even when he's not directly sleepga/hadal summons, he's just being cheesy and spamming memento forever and sudden lunge isn't seeming to work well.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-03-31 01:21:00  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Gear is definitely not the issue as I can reliably take him down to about 20% in about 5minutes. Got 1180 acc in rcb tp gear, not even gearing for acc, so that's not a problem. The mechanics is that he's taking out a tank in the most unlucky fashion ever.

Even when he's not directly sleepga/hadal summons, he's just being cheesy and spamming memento forever and sudden lunge isn't seeming to work well.

Sorry to tell you but a well geared BLU will win in less than two. With Fury/frailty under a minute.
By Afania 2016-03-31 01:21:25  
Sylph.Parshias said: »
First thing try to get August. He's the best Trust tank around, so that'll help a lot. Amchuchu is great to have as well, but who knows when she'll be available again.

I've predominantly soloed three of the Reisenjima NMs, here are the details:

Belphegor - As long as you have the Magic Accuracy to land Blank Gaze, this guy is a big baby. The only remotely dangerous thing this guy will do is Sleepga II, and even then that's only really dangerous if he's already at very low HP and in his "spam Memento Mori every three seconds" phase. Amchuchu is the best tank to use here, although August is fine too and August will actually wake your WHM up if you do run into Sleepga. Subjob and spell set don't require anything specific outside of Blank Gaze.

Going to disagree heavily here. Just tried Belphegor 4 x and either timed out, had both tanks die, or got charmed due to a tank dead and couldn't recover.

Amchuchu is a great tank, almost too good of a tank, but is very poor for this fight if positioning is off (and it most certainly will be). Sleepga II will go off, and it will hit everybody. I didn't have an item to wake me up from sleep, and amchuchu, unlike August has no native curative magic for others, so the entire party will be slept for 2 minutes. Now normally this wouldn't be such a big deal since she can handle her own, but eventually she will die out from Belphegor 1v1 as she doesn't have the means to cure herself reliably. There goes 1 trust.

August would be a great tank, if the dude would actually wake someone up when we're all asleep! And for some reason, Hadal Summons can occasionally one-shot him, even when there is no Memento Mori up. In this case, its hard rely on him. I've found that the hardest thing in this fight is sleepga spam. I can handle dispelling it easily, but if it gets one sleepga off, its over basically. You may be able to tank it down to 20% after your tanks die off, but then you have to deal with danse macabre, which is another headache.

Any suggestions would be great, but not quite the cakewalk that was mentioned earlier. Or maybe its just my bad luck with sleepga. Timed out at aroun 20% every time.

Can't you just use poison pot for sleepga? I never bother with it since it was not an issue at all. If you have an issue with it why not try pots unless it doesn't work.

Also like others said, it's roughly a 2 min fight solo, tanks dying and time out is not an issue at all if you kill him fast enough.

Edit: Beaten.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-03-31 01:24:19  
poison pot will just get healed from apururu. but thanks.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-03-31 01:33:37  

5 min to 20% is exactly why you are losing tanks. If you can push it to 2 min win solo then tanks dying would not be an issue at all, because you'll kill it before he kills tank. Like 90% of fights in ffxi, every "this fight is easy" claims are all based on killing fast, not relying on some magical mechanics that suddenly make you win every battle. This fight doesn't even need stun nor dispel, just straight zerg with tp and ws.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-03-31 02:01:34  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

5 min to 20% is exactly why you are losing tanks. If you can push it to 2 min win solo then tanks dying would not be an issue at all, because you'll kill it before he kills tank. Like 90% of fights in ffxi, every "this fight is easy" claims are all based on killing fast, not relying on some magical mechanics that suddenly make you win every battle. This fight doesn't even need stun nor dispel, just straight zerg with tp and ws.

Yep, I do this as RUN+GEO, I don't get to solo-light but my gear and fury/frailty lets me kill in under 2min and I win without any stuns or dispels.
By Zeak 2016-03-31 03:32:37  
Verda said: »
Try dispelling, Sigh is a big evasion increase:

From what I remember, Gomberry doesn't have access to Sigh. I've seen Everyone's Rancor, Throat Stab, Vertical Slash, Lateral Slash and Ritual Bind, but no Sigh. He MIGHT have it, as some NMs just pull something out of their *** from time to time; usually right after you think you got their pattern down from 10-20 kills. As for his Utsusemi, his infinity shadows disappear after you clear his clones and he Blue Procs. I'm not actually sure what could cause the missing other than maybe a gear mishap mid-fight, or he does indeed need 1380-1400 to cap. Both he and Zhudac do have unusually high evasion for T1 due to their jobs/species, but I do recall capping at 1350 accuracy (First on RNG, then again on COR). I know my COR went in with no buffs at 1150 accuracy, and then was capped after Sushi + Hunters Roll. I don't specifically remember if I had Sylvie or Jaochim out, but that could be the last 30-50 accuracy that capped me, which would explain why Jeffil isn't capped at 1357.

If you have Joachim or Qultada, I'd recommend to bring both of them to ensure capped accuracy. They're great Trust to have with you regardless. Speaking of Trust, though, he's gonna be a lot tougher without the HQ Trust Campaign going. Even August has problems surviving some of this guys BS, as he has a uncanny ability to just make someone dead when he wants to. It's especially true during Ritual Bind > Utsusemi, as his clone can just instantly kill someone without Shadows up, so make sure you always have a finger on your AoE/Occulation. Anyway, good luck with any future encounters, and just hope he decides to play nice.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-03-31 05:38:27  
The Gomberry issue is just that he's a ninja, so he's going to have higher evasion than standard. Similar to how crabs have higher defense than your average mob of that level. I think as a base mob stats are around C-rank, and then their job determines which stats are A-rank and what traits they have.
By Afania 2016-03-31 06:36:39  

Oh and another fyi, if you're confident with your gears(not wearing sparks gear, has at least escha lv of gears), you may want to look into your setup for extra dps.

1. Sub war.
2. Pop all the DD temps... braver barbarian champion etc. My ws avg pretty much doubled with temps. This is very important because higher ws avg= higher light sc.
3. Use king+ cor trust to push your pdif high. Don't forget attack boost def down spells.
4. Obviously all the DD job trait from blu guide.

Just for comparison, blu with unfinished Nibiru blade and 10 JP eating sushi kills it in about 4 min after pop solo without using def down spells. If you have more JP and better gear+food than that, but still need 5 min to hit 20%, then it may be setup issue but not gears.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-03-31 06:54:48  
poison pot will just get healed from apururu. but thanks.

Sleep shouldn't really be an issue, especially as long as you use August, but there is another option to stay awake;

Sub sch and turn on sublimation. You will also not need to set a cure spell to wake up trusts. Turn on light arts if you ever need silena on trusts (I don't remember if Belphegor can inflict silence).

Belphegor is quite squishy unless you have some serious equipment issues (which is not the case as per your comment), so it appears that somehow you are trying to deal with him in a very ineffective way. It is a pretty straight forward fight too. Only gimmick to worry about is dispelling mori. Even charm isn't that much of an issue. You can just recall trusts, but you can also take precautions for that. Just make sure you have some dot on him if you are short on time. You can try Disseverment (not sue if it sticks on him), or just throw some helix at him every minute if /sch or use King of hearts for dia III (may not be as reliable).
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-03-31 06:55:34  
Afania said: »

Oh and another fyi, if you're confident with your gears(not wearing sparks gear, has at least escha lv of gears), you may want to look into your setup for extra dps.

1. Sub war.
2. Pop all the DD temps... braver barbarian champion etc. My ws avg pretty much doubled with temps. This is very important because higher ws avg= higher light sc.
3. Use king+ cor trust to push your pdif high. Don't forget attack boost def down spells.

Just for comparison, blu with Nibiru blade and 10 JP eating sushi kills it in about 4 min after pop solo. If you have more JP and better gear+food than that, but still need 5 min to hit 20%, then it may be setup issue but not gears.

I was fighting this with a paladin cause he can use the drops and fight lasts 3ish minutes. Using pure dps job spells traits, subbing ninja for less dps cause I rather not take hate, nature meditation and using tenebral crush for defense down.

Only crap dangerous is hadal summons. Hits me for 4 k every time n goes thru shadows.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-03-31 07:17:08  
Asura.Foreverj said: »

1. Sub war.

Just for comparison, blu with Nibiru blade and 10 JP eating sushi kills it in about 4 min after pop solo. If you have more JP and better gear+food than that, but still need 5 min to hit 20%, then it may be setup issue but not gears.

I was fighting this with a paladin cause he can use the drops and fight lasts 3ish minutes. Using pure dps job spells traits, subbing ninja for less dps cause I rather not take hate, nature meditation and using tenebral crush for defense down.

Only crap dangerous is hadal summons. Hits me for 4 k every time n goes thru shadows.

I have never had any issues with hadal summons. It never one-shot a trust or myself. Do you just skip dispelling mori?
 Cerberus.Jeffil
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-03-31 09:39:13  

1. Sub war.

Dispelling Memento Mori makes this fight super easy. Hadal Summons is never a problem for a trust tank like Gessho or a regular Paladin.

Make it a point to use Blank Gaze every time he uses Memento Mori - even during Chainspell it is possible to continually keep Mori off. Of course, what I do at Chainspell is use Sudden Lunge in hopes of it stunning most of that 1 hour.
 Shiva.Zykei
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2016-03-31 11:29:58  

1. Sub war.

Dispelling Memento Mori makes this fight super easy. Hadal Summons is never a problem for a trust tank like Gessho or a regular Paladin.

Make it a point to use Blank Gaze every time he uses Memento Mori - even during Chainspell it is possible to continually keep Mori off. Of course, what I do at Chainspell is use Sudden Lunge in hopes of it stunning most of that 1 hour.

I honestly never bothered with Blank Gaze, you're just losing DPS with every cast when his spells aren't all that threatening even with stacked Mori's. Set Magic barrier and Barrier tusk and you'll barely take any damage throughout the fight. Arciela 1 also buffs you occasionally with MDEF up too which should mitigate any AoE spells he'll throw at you if you don't stun it.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-03-31 12:11:27  
Shiva.Zykei said: »

1. Sub war.

I honestly never bothered with Blank Gaze, you're just losing DPS with every cast when his spells aren't all that threatening even with stacked Mori's. Set Magic barrier and Barrier tusk and you'll barely take any damage throughout the fight. Arciela 1 also buffs you occasionally with MDEF up too which should mitigate any AoE spells he'll throw at you if you don't stun it.

U are right I don't need to use blank gaze when it's a 3 min fight solo or duo with a Paladin. What about a average geared blue when the fight lasts 5 mins and 10 momento mori later and u are eating a 2500 firaga? In general people need to use blank gaze.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-03-31 12:59:48  

1. Sub war.

U are right I don't need to use blank gaze when it's a 3 min fight solo or duo with a Paladin. What about a average geared blue when the fight lasts 5 mins and 10 momento mori later and u are eating a 2500 firaga? In general people need to use blank gaze.

It was you who said you took 4k damage every time, so yeah, you need to dispel it too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-03-31 15:42:20  
absolutely certain it isn't my gear (I have reisenjima gear), but from the comments, it looks like my cdc gear was not optimized. I have very good gear fwiw, but it appears my sets are all scrambled. And I have about 1100 JP, so that could be another reason.

Gonna make a huge effort to improve those sets tonight and try again, as I am confident it is not a lack of skill, but rather a preparation issue. Yes, I spent considerable time re-applying dispel and magic barrier and other buffs. But the comments on here are more helpful than offensive, so I appreciate the advice. I also misspoke when I said 5min to 20, and timed out. I kill far quicker than that. Its just the sleepga that picks me off.

Thanks.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-03-31 16:11:30  

1. Sub war.

It was you who said you took 4k damage every time, so yeah, you need to dispel it too.

I said we need to use blank gaze. It wasn't me who said we don't. I use it all be time.
By Afania 2016-03-31 20:34:47  

1. Sub war.

I said we need to use blank gaze. It wasn't me who said we don't. I use it all be time.

Whether you use it or not completely depend on your kill speed. If you can kill it in like 2 min then you don't need it. You don't even need stun nor defensive buff in that case and should just straight zerg. After roughly 2 min it start to stack mattk too high to 1 shot tanks.

Also if you don't have gears and jp to land blank gaze, save macc temps and use it 2 min after pop and start cast gaze around that time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-31 20:39:25  
Please stop quoting the entire chain in the very next post, holy ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-01 04:00:29  

1. Sub war.

Just for comparison, blu with unfinished Nibiru blade and 10 JP eating sushi kills it in about 4 min after pop solo without using def down spells. If you have more JP and better gear+food than that, but still need 5 min to hit 20%, then it may be setup issue but not gears.

Great advice. Ended up following this by buying the temps and usin def down (actually don't know why I wasn't doing this) and I ended up winning 5x in roughly a little over 2min. It looks like August can take a beating to Hadal compared to Amchuchu who ended up tanking this far better than August could. Never got slept with Amchuchu strangely, but it was probably because I focused less attention on occultation/magic barrier etc and just spammed cdc. Went down quick so I appreciate the advice. Knew I could do it, just wasn't executing properly.
[+]
By Amunaptra 2016-04-01 05:40:39  
How do you guys manage hate with trust?
I haven't tried these fights still but would like to try Belphagor soon. My only concern is hate management since when I solo on BLU stuff like High Tier I usually end up tanking the mob after a couple CDC. Is /THF viable for TA on tank? or you just go yolo and hope to kill before charm?
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-01 05:47:55  
Hate really isn't an issue when it comes to these types of mobs. I'm almost positive that Unity and HTBFs did not receive the enmity adjustments or received drastically scaled back versions. I have the same issue on HTBFs, where even exceptionally geared PLDs can't hold hate after a very short time. However, outside of those events, even trust tanks can keep hate from me while I'm doing drastically more damage than I do during Unity/HTBF.

You might end up pulling hate here and there, but it'll get back to your trust tank pretty quickly, so it's not a big issue by any means.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2016-04-01 05:49:05  
Amunaptra said: »
How do you guys manage hate with trust?
I haven't tried these fights still but would like to try Belphagor soon. My only concern is hate management since when I solo on BLU stuff like High Tier I usually end up tanking the mob after a couple CDC. Is /THF viable for TA on tank? or you just go yolo and hope to kill before charm?

He is cake. I have to use 2 PLD trust every time I fight solo but I still take hate and just turn before i get my *** 1 shot from his w/e move. I usually stun everything on him though pretty effectively. /WAR