言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Alaunus's Cape, Our New JSE : Q&A
Alaunus's Cape, Our New JSE : Q&A
First Page 2
By RolandJ 2016-04-06 11:52:55  
RolandJ said: »
I'm not doing ambuscade at the moment, avoiding the annoyance of congestion, and I am eager to find out what exactly the ""Afflatus Solace" +10" effect is.

So, what is the effect? I am anticipating it to be either another +10% to our cureskin amount and another +10 MDB to barspells, akin to the empyrean body, or "Increases potency of Cure while under the effects of Afflatus Solace", which is akin to the Job Points category for Afflatus Solace. I am hoping that it is cureskin but "49% of HP healed as Stoneskin and another additional 10 MDB to Barspells"(14 from empy body+this 10 would be 24) seems a little OP and I'm doubtful of whether SE would give us such a bonus.

If it is potency+ then I wonder if it is stronger than a Twilight Cape specifically while under the effects of Aurorastorm II.

According to tests done my Ihina, the Afflatus Solace effect of this cape applies to at least cureskin. No Bar-spell testing has been done, to my knowledge, but it is likely safe to assume that this also applies to the barspells akin to the way our empyrean body also applies to barspells solely due to having the line 'Afflatus Solace +##', which this cape also has.

Also, according to Ihina's tests, which are just a bit further down this first page, cureskin does not have the hypothetical cap of 300 but is, rather, uncapped or at least greater than 781. More testing, while likely not necessary, would be a welcome addition if accompanied by proper documentation.

Thanks for reading, hope it helped! :D
[+]
By Arcto 2016-04-06 12:20:00  
Something I had asked in the other thread. I will probably pick up this cape later today if we get a good enough entry rate with the probably congestion we have.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-04-08 10:16:42  
I feel like it'll be cureskin just like body, my concern is whether we're already capping cureskin or not. I struggle to notice a difference between the cureskin from Cure3 and Cure5 currently. If Cure3 already caps it without this cape, then the cape doesn't seem to offer much.

The real big question I have is whether it boosts barspells or not.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-08 10:18:57  
I pointed out the uses of the cape in the main WHM thread.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-04-08 10:22:56  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I pointed out the uses of the cape in the main WHM thread.
Yes and no, you listed some options (most I agree with, some I do not) but we still don't know exactly what the cape does or what its limits are which I think is more the aim of this thread.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-08 10:24:03  
It increases the ease to get to cureskin, which caps at 300, and cursna piece outside of that.

Edit: oh and Barspells
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-04-08 10:32:30  
Has the barspell bonus been tested? I hadn't seen that posted elsewhere.

300 cureskin cap sounds about right to me too, but I also hadn't seen definitive info on that posted. Any sources you can find would be awesome, if not no biggie. Thanks

If it is 300, then I'm going to stick to Twilight Cape for cures.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-08 11:02:39  

^o^
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-08 14:08:05  
That's not particularly good for anything =/
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-08 14:25:26  
I guess WS damage is better than DA for Hexa Strike/RR, but that's not saying much at all considering how little WSD will boost Hexa Strike/RR. Flash Nova will get a boost, but the other path is wrong for that. Would have been better off making it a TP backpiece if you were gunning for WHM melee.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-08 14:34:54  
I actually wasn't really thinking about Flash Nova/Seraph, so to be completely fair it isn't bad at all for that if you use those frequently over physical WS (no mDMG isn't too catastrophic). In general, though, I think going with focusing on a TP piece is best for a melee WHM- which would still end up being a great cape for physical WS.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-08 14:35:18  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Has the barspell bonus been tested? I hadn't seen that posted elsewhere.

300 cureskin cap sounds about right to me too, but I also hadn't seen definitive info on that posted. Any sources you can find would be awesome, if not no biggie. Thanks

If it is 300, then I'm going to stick to Twilight Cape for cures.

The source is myself. <_<;
I tested the barspell, i stand corrected. but otherwise Mahaya is correct that it does not have a use outside of Cursna and the other pieces i suggested, which where mainly aimed at melee.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-04-08 14:36:37  
Unless they changed it recently, cureskin is uncapped when I tested it. I can retest again once I get off of work.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-04-08 16:51:25  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Unless they changed it recently, cureskin is uncapped when I tested it. I can retest again once I get off of work.
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Full Cure? I know some testing was done a while back that showed Full Cure could go far beyond the apparent cureskin cap.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-08 17:18:40  
Siren.Kyte said: »
That's not particularly good for anything =/

Skjalf said not nice thing. :/
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-04-08 17:20:58  
Those tests were also done by me.

This test won't be difficult, if anyone wants to beat me to it. I still have a few more hours at work

Slap on your HP set and devotion someone, see how much hp you lose. Cureskin yourself, cap your hp if it isn't and devotion someone again. Calculate the difference.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-08 17:22:08  
It is for Realmrazer. Double attack goes in other slots. All the stats on the cape that Skjalf augmented benefit WHM in more than one way. Skjalf plans on make like 6 or more capes for WHM eventually.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-08 17:24:36  
Mystic Boon as well. :3
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-08 17:43:57  

Definitely still caps at 300.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-04-08 21:40:55  
It's likely a coincidence you landed on those numbers. Cureskin yourself with lightstorm up and see if you get a different number

base/control
2545 - 1909 = 636 damage taken

no lightstorm
2545 - 2527 = 18 damage taken
636 - 18 = 618 cureskin

lightstorm up

no damage taken
>618 cureskin

edit:

Took another trip to quick sand caves.

We all know the drill, 1000 needles, no pdt/dt gear, etc.

First pic is just cure5. 618 damage reduced, which matches my calculation above
Second pic is cure5+lightstorm. 677 damage reduced.
Third pic is cure6+lightstorm. 781 damage reduced.

Yes, it's stupid OP broken strong, considering how little it cost to cast, how quickly you can cast and how quickly you can recast it.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering, cure received gear does add to cureskin. Just, don't make me test that right now.
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-04-08 22:28:27  
I'm glad to see multiple tests being ran by diff ppl :D If it is +10% cureskin then here are some relevant figures.

Assuming base cure of 1000 HP without any cape on & 39% cureskin without cape.

Twilight Cape
Cure Amount: 1050
C.Skin Amt: 409
TOTAL: 1459

Alaunus's Cape
Cure Amount: 1000
C.Skin Amt: 490
TOTAL: 1490

1490/1459 = 2.1% increase

It's definitely an improvement. I wonder how much of my cure gear I can shift around to remove 10 Cure Potency I from my set in order to make room for another source of Cure Potency II instead while using this cape with 10% cure potency on it while still keeping -enmity & cure power power capped, and empy body & empy legs on.

(Though, I think twilight will be barely ahead in this example if Aurorastorm II is up. That's not gonna happen often tho :p)
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-04-08 22:36:41  
Don't waste it on cure potency. Get Fast Cast.
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-04-08 22:43:48  
I do have my eyes on fast cast. But if I ever get a sucellus then I should be sitting around 77fc with arts. Assuming we can get another cape next month (and that hopefully the augment items/month limit laxes at some point), having both would be nice ^^
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-08 23:17:13  
RolandJ said: »
I do have my eyes on fast cast. But if I ever get a sucellus then I should be sitting around 77fc with arts. Assuming we can get another cape next month (and that hopefully the augment items/month limit laxes at some point), having both would be nice ^^

The joy of FC on the cape would be that you're actually landing spells with that cape, therefore you get the recast effect. Also if you make it MND/Macc/FC it'll be your top healing, cursna, recast and enfeebling cape all in one.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-04-09 01:58:23  
Correct. Precast in maxed out quick cast + as much fast cast as you can, cast in haste/fast cast gear.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-09 16:50:24  

Augments Skjalf chose are an improvement :3
(No food, no Boost spell and no temp items used.)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-10 08:17:53  
Skjalfeirdotter said: »

Augments Skjalf chose are an improvement :3
(No food, no Boost spell and no temp items used.)

+WSD effects the first hit only. Realmrazer is a 7-hit WS. The WSD effect of the cap is roughly +1.4% in WS damage there.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-10 10:20:22  
:3 Its for other WS too.
By Boshi 2016-04-10 11:24:25  
There's a Seinfeld Jimmy 3rd person joke somewhere here waiting to be let out.

George is getting upset!
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-10 11:53:28  
Not at all. Skjalf is happy with it. Have a lot of double attack for other slots. Sometimes people can believe something even when its not always true in every case. WSD is not always applied the same way for all items with the stat. Testing would need to be done.
First Page 2