users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Alaunus's Cape, Our New JSE : Q&A
Alaunus's Cape, Our New JSE : Q&A
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-04-10 12:04:25  
Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Not at all. Skjalf is happy with it. Have a lot of double attack for other slots. Sometimes people can believe something even when its not always true in every case. WSD is not always applied the same way for all items with the stat. Testing would need to be done.
Thus far the only exceptions to that rule have been weapons. Relics, Mythics,(and iirc Magian weps.)

There's very little reason to think these capes will be any different than every other piece of non weapon WSDMG+ gear.

That being said, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. And you are more than welcome to test it.
 Asura.Krystela
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Krystela 2016-04-10 13:13:00  
I was waiting for my friend to come back from vacay to get the cape. I am glad some people went ahead and tested it :D

Thank you <3
By Boshi 2016-04-10 15:20:24  
The Skjalf
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-10 16:22:54  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Not at all. Skjalf is happy with it. Have a lot of double attack for other slots. Sometimes people can believe something even when its not always true in every case. WSD is not always applied the same way for all items with the stat. Testing would need to be done.
Thus far the only exceptions to that rule have been weapons. Relics, Mythics,(and iirc Magian weps.)

There's very little reason to think these capes will be any different than every other piece of non weapon WSDMG+ gear.

That being said, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. And you are more than welcome to test it.

"Weapon Skill Damage (Statistic) - This statistic has been inconsistently implemented, but it is always a straight damage multiplier. Most sources only apply to the first swing of the weapon skill (including the additional magic effect for hybrid weapon skills, or applied to all of a magic weapon skill). However, some sources apply to all swings of the weapon skill (like A Crystalline Prophecy hats). Even more confusingly, some sources of this that only apply to the first hit if Weapon Skills actually apply to both hits of some Weapon Skills, like Sturmwind and Atonement."

Source: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Weapon_Skill_Damage

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-10 18:43:09  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

"Weapon Skill Damage (Statistic) - This statistic has been inconsistently implemented, but it is always a straight damage multiplier. Most sources only apply to the first swing of the weapon skill (including the additional magic effect for hybrid weapon skills, or applied to all of a magic weapon skill). However, some sources apply to all swings of the weapon skill (like A Crystalline Prophecy hats). Even more confusingly, some sources of this that only apply to the first hit if Weapon Skills actually apply to both hits of some Weapon Skills, like Sturmwind and Atonement."

Source: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Weapon_Skill_Damage

This doesn't redeem the cape. Nothing really does. Sorry.

It doesn't need any redeeming and no need to be sorry.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-10 22:13:46  
Honestly if you were going to augment this cape for melee usage I'd say you have these options:

A) DEX+20, Acc/Att+20, Crit rate+10% and Hexa spam.

B) DEX+20, Acc/Att+20, STP or DA for Max Acc/TP set.

C) STR+20, Acc/Att+20, Crit or DA for TP/Hexa

D) MND+20, Acc/Att+20, STP+10 for Realmrazer

E) MND+20, Acc/Att+20, WSD+10 for Black Halo/Randgrith/Mystic Boon

F) STR+20, Acc/Att+20, STP+10 for overall usage

Now, I'm not a melee WHM, I switched my alt from WHM to GEO, and do some melee there, but from my experience Hexa is equal or greater than Realmrazer. Realmrazer when dual wielding cannot proc DA (8-hits are max during a WS and Realm is 7+1 offhand) and Hexa can crit, so if you're DWing you're talking 6-hits with a 10-30% crit rate and 10-30% DA rate vs 8 hits. A number of melee jobs seem to be preferring Crit rate on cape since it's a more rare stat and helps both melee damage and crit WS, which are the more spammable WS in the game (Hexa, CDC, evisceration, old school stuff like Rampage and Vorpal Blade too).

That said, I don't know where WHM melee sets are at, my GEO is stuck with Onca Suit and you guys get Chrionic (Merlinic cannot be melee augmented) so you have a ton more potential melee gear wise. But STP, Crit rate and DA are going to be your ideal choices, more heavily lean towards STP or Crit rate, IMO.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [150 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-09-07 15:43:26  
I assume to get the Solace bonus we have to put it in midcast gear for the spells, and not precast gear for Solace?
By Nocki 2016-09-07 15:46:01  
Fenrir.Brimstonefox said: »
I assume to get the Solace bonus we have to put it in midcast gear for the spells, and not precast gear for Solace?
Yes... The same way that solace on body works...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [171 days between previous and next post]
By Jimmyballsack 2017-02-25 18:33:23  
Wanting to make my cure set tighter and want to work in Alaunus's with FC over its current Cure Pot. aug. Looks like I can move around neck, an ear slot and mess with ammo but I need gear suggestions for optimization. %=potency h=haste -=enm

Currently:
Queller Rod__10% -10
Sors Shield__3% -5
Ombre Tathlum +1
Kaykaus Mitra +1__11% 6h
Lasaia Pendant__-8
Glorious Earring__-5
Nourish. Earring +1__6% (when trust isn't 1st)
Ebers Bliaud +1__3h
Theophany Mitts +2__-6 3h
Lebeche Ring__3% -5
Janniston Ring__-7
Alaunus's Cape__6%
Ninurta's Sash__6h
Ebers Pant. +1__5h
Kaykaus Boots +1__11% -6 3h

So we have 50%pot/-52enm(overcapped)/26% haste. The Cure pot. II is irrelevant here so not listed, and of course we shoot for 50% normal potency then stack the II tier.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-02-26 08:33:51  
Are you subbing SCH? If so, the single biggest boost to your cure potency will be to use Aurorastorm + Chatoyant Staff + Elem. Obi. You can even throw in Twilight Cape, but your post was about Alaunus, so I suppose that's not something you want to do.

This is from the guide:

ItemSet 340040

Just adjust the values around AF+2 hands, but it's still basically a solid target set.
By Jimmyballsack 2017-02-26 13:40:05  
I honestly never storm myself as I prefer capping the "Big Three" on my midcast which that set doesn't achieve. That set above doesn't cap cure pot. if your trust isn't 1st place (or placed higher, not sure where it adjusts but not a fan of capping sets based on added trust bonus), granted I could with the +1 Kaykaus pieces either way, however; the set doesn't cap -enmity, I see only -36, and lastly only 20% haste.
By cuddlyhamster 2017-02-26 15:00:54  
i counted 49% cure potency, 20% haste, and -51 enmity if the kaykaus pieces were path B augmented
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-02-26 15:24:45  
Jimmyballsack said: »
I honestly never storm myself as I prefer capping the "Big Three" on my midcast which that set doesn't achieve.

Not sure why capping the big three and storming yourself have to be mutually exclusive...
By Jimmyballsack 2017-02-26 17:26:13  
cuddlyhamster said: »
i counted 49% cure potency, 20% haste, and -51 enmity if the kaykaus pieces were path B augmented
Yeah but you're then skipping gobs of MND augments in favor of -enmity paths just to make an inferior set partially work. Point here was to cap pot./haste/-enm then inject cure pot. II and as much MND and healing magic as possible, and VIT which's barely worth mentioning.
Shiva.Arislan said: »
I honestly never storm myself as I prefer capping the "Big Three" on my midcast which that set doesn't achieve.

Not sure why capping the big three and storming yourself have to be mutually exclusive...
You're right, they don't have to be. I just don't consider maintaining a storm that I otherwise don't gear for to be vital in the grand scheme of things when I'm multi-boxing.
 Sylph.Parshias
サーバ: Sylph
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2017-02-26 20:58:29  
This is the Aurorastorm set I use:

ItemSet 338054

Well I don't have the +3 hands just yet, just the +2s, but you get the idea. Caps Cure Potency and Enmity just fine.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-02-27 00:51:18  
cuddlyhamster said: »
Yeah but you're then skipping gobs of MND augments in favor of -enmity paths just to make an inferior set partially work. Point here was to cap pot./haste/-enm then inject cure pot. II and as much MND and healing magic as possible, and VIT which's barely worth mentioning.
Shiva.Arislan said: »

You're right, they don't have to be. I just don't consider maintaining a storm that I otherwise don't gear for to be vital in the grand scheme of things when I'm multi-boxing.

But, using Aurorastorm + Chatoyant Staff will make a huge impact on your overall Cure Potency. It's not just the 10% from the base stats, but with Storm + Obi, you get the forced weather proc + Iridescence, which stack on top of, and allow you to go far beyond the Cure Potency Cap
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2017-02-27 00:58:55  
Sylph.Parshias said: »
This is the Aurorastorm set I use:

ItemSet 338054

Well I don't have the +3 hands just yet, just the +2s, but you get the idea. Caps Cure Potency and Enmity just fine.
I 2nd this set, basically the same as what I use
By Jimmyballsack 2017-02-27 03:44:25  
Thanks everyone. I'll look into storm curing and maybe try to get that buff in muscle memory, although it veered off what I am trying to accomplish--I place a high value in recast hence I prefer capping gear haste over buffing already-incredibly powerful cures.

As for the above set, if I did do that I'd eliminate Vanya, go with an -enm path on Mitra or Boots +1, then obviously Janniston reps Kuchekula outright and Lasaia has -8 vs Phrenic's -7 which would ultimately land on -50.

Hmm, so the trade-off is 6% gear haste, Queller's healing magic skill +15 and cure pot.II+2%, and a MND path on one of the HQ Kaykaus pieces for maintaining storm curing. I'll battle test it tonight in a Omen and see what's what.
By Jimmyballsack 2017-03-02 00:40:55  
Not afraid to admit it: you all told me so. Marked improvement in cure potency after working Chatoyant/Hachirin into my sets, and with the Obi's "MP not depleted +1" to boot!

Definitely worth the little trouble it was to rework the sets, and if I forget sometimes to reapply the storm or I feel I really need the capped gear haste, it'll just revert to my old Queller's set. Thanks guys-