Tizona Vs Almace (119-3)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Tizona vs Almace (119-3)
Tizona vs Almace (119-3)
First Page 2 3
By Lariae 2016-04-25 20:10:37  
Which is best if making first REM for Blu?
By fonewear 2016-04-25 20:17:47  
Both.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Titanfoo 2016-04-25 20:21:35  
if I could snap my fingers and have 1 or the other, I would take the Almace. but I suggest looking at the 2 swords and deciding yourself. all the info on them is out there.
By Lariae 2016-04-25 20:23:29  
Well i want to use either as my MH weapon - I have the plates and boulders done (Thanks to these events) but my friends have me second guessing my choice.. XD Mostly i want to play blu Melee in whatever events i can, or solo.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-25 20:26:48  
You're gonna want both eventually anyway, if you already have most of what you need for Almace then just do Almace first.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-25 20:30:32  
They're both exceptional, but I'm honestly going to recommend Almace as a first. It's just great all-around. Excellent accuracy bonus, aftermath maintenance is basically nonexistent, and I think building one from scratch is easier than Tizona, albeit only slightly. Tizona with AM3 will win out in terms of pure DPS, but Almace is great, and honestly is not that far behind.
By Armyguy 2016-04-25 20:43:18  
Almace just getting it to 99 would take more time and way way more gil.

So get a Tizona.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2016-04-25 20:46:48  
In terms of usage, Almace is the highest accuracy sword you will get. Tizona magic accuracy ain't so great. You can easily exceed it with a off hand Mimesis after the upgrade.

The only question is do you find MP management a struggle? If not, Almace makes a great DD weapon with OTD procs paired with Crit Hit Rate + 10% on Rosmerta's Cape.

Also, you are not likely to find another good chance to gather so much Heavy Metal Plates and Riftcinder after this campaign, while Alexandrites will always be farmed in the same way.

I started Almace before the campaign and was struggling to make 100 heavy metal plates in a week. Capping lights is annoying.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-25 20:53:52  
Uhhh, Tizona is very definitely still our highest macc weapon. You're forgetting about the macc skill on it, and there's AM2 as well if you're desperate for macc. As an offhand macc piece sure, Mimesis offers a ton of macc, but you'd never offhand Tizona in the first place so that's irrelevant. You can offhand Mimesis with Almace or Sequence, yes... but that means you're offhanding Mimesis. Ew.
[+]
By Lariae 2016-04-25 20:54:06  
This lights event has been unbelievable lol. running two characters (my blu and my bard) ive burned through almost 1900 stones.. cleared the hmp and working on extras to sell for the cinder. It's been a big help towards working on the weapon for sure. MP management sometimes i struggle with but i think thats mostly my fault.

Thanks for the help guys, i'll stick to finishing the almace. the plates really would be very difficult to get in the future, especially since ive burned through almost all of my stones.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By arakon 2016-04-25 21:14:48  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Tizona magic accuracy ain't so great. You can easily exceed it with a off hand Mimesis after the upgrade.

Disqualified.

My understanding is that Magic Acc Skill applies to the weapon while Magic Accuracy applies to both. With Almace having 255 Magic Acc Skill, Mimesis offers Magic Acc +50, and Acc +50. Doesn't that exceed what Tizona can offer off hand.

Of course a Tizona and Mimesis pair would offer even higher Macc.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-25 21:20:14  
Again, irrelevant. You don't offhand mythics, all the bonus stats get stripped.
[+]
 Shiva.Zykei
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2016-04-25 21:42:56  
True BLUs will aim for all 3 weapons regardless of difficulty!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-25 21:56:33  
Shiva.Zykei said: »
True BLUs will aim for all 3 swords weapons regardless of difficulty!

While it makes a great offhand. I think the process to get sequence is annoying. SE was lazy with the concept.

While I agree that getting sequence could be very, very frustrating, I wouldn't say SE was lazy with the process to obtain it.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-04-26 00:55:30  

Pretty damn close to having all three myself!

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

While it makes a great offhand. I think the process to get sequence is annoying. SE was lazy with the concept.

While I agree that getting sequence could be very, very frustrating, I wouldn't say SE was lazy with the process to obtain it.

The least involved process to get an "ultimate weapon" they ever implemented.

I mean they basically said "here is a new ultimate weapon and only a dozen or so mobs will give well geared groups trouble or have odd mechanics". That we then find ways around by subbing SMN, spamming BSTs, zerging, and other silly nonsense they don't want us to do.

But absolutely was SE lazy in the method to obtain the weapon. Literally all we have to do is fight the NMs in the three escha zones. The processes for REMs were much more involved.

Most of the mobs are a joke for players who are actually ready for the weapon. Then you have the Reisen HELMs which are just a pain in the ***. The discrepancy is vastly imbalanced compared to the average difficulty of originally obtaining the REMs. It is easier in literal difficulty nowadays to grind out better weapons than to fight the hardest content in the game for ones that most often fall short.

The raider in me really digs the escha NM climb to Aeonics. 85 mobs with many good fights that ask players to step up to the plate. It is hard to get carried and it is hard for anyone involved to be a one trick pony. You can call it "lazy", but since when was epic grinds a grand design? They might not be the best of the ultimate weapons, but my only real gripe is that they were not universally to every job that could use the WS they represent.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-26 01:00:54  
Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
It is hard to get carried and it is hard for anyone involved to be a one trick pony.
Go go COR!

@OP
Almace
 Bahamut.Baozzer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2016-04-26 01:16:05  
Def Almace. Reason? No WS trials
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-26 01:24:23  

Pretty damn close to having all three myself!

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

The least involved process to get an "ultimate weapon" they ever implemented.

I mean they basically said "here is a new ultimate weapon and only a dozen or so mobs will give well geared groups trouble or have odd mechanics". That we then find ways around by subbing SMN, spamming BSTs, zerging, and other silly nonsense they don't want us to do.

But absolutely was SE lazy in the method to obtain the weapon. Literally all we have to do is fight the NMs in the three escha zones. The processes for REMs were much more involved.

Most of the mobs are a joke for players who are actually ready for the weapon. Then you have the Reisen HELMs which are just a pain in the ***. The discrepancy is vastly imbalanced compared to the average difficulty of originally obtaining the REMs. It is easier in literal difficulty nowadays to grind out better weapons than to fight the hardest content in the game for ones that most often fall short.

They might not be the best of the ultimate weapons

Some of the weapons are actually quite good, and I think the brd one is job changing to the point that you'd better not play the job if you don't have it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-04-26 01:33:18  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
It is hard to get carried and it is hard for anyone involved to be a one trick pony.
Go go COR!

The first people that get sat out are the ones with the least to offer the group and cor is a dime a dozen job. So unless your group really loves you, and wants to put in the extra work for someone who isn't....
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-26 02:04:01  
There's little to no extra work put in whether your COR is good or not. Most a good COR can offer that a bad one can't is closing Distortion with LS for Darkness for the extra ~3.85% Death damage, assuming they aren't already doing 99999 damage, in addition to whatever their LS+SC does (admittedly don't know what those numbers would look like, but too much of this would risk shedding hate from the tank anyway as skillchains grant the dealer full enmity even when using fixed/low enmity WSs from my experience), but it's certainly not necessary. Reisenjima HELM NMs aren't anywhere near as difficult as people can make them out to be provided you have at least 1 Idris GEO. We're already carrying around a BLM doing 1/2 to 3/4 the damage everyone else is doing and using mules to fill BRD sleeper and COR Roll/RD slots.

Obviously, though, if you have a linkshell over 18 members with 18 good players then yeah, the lesser players will be sat out, but I can't see that being a common situation.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-26 02:45:36  
There's little to no extra work put in whether your COR is good or not. Most a good COR can offer that a bad one can't is closing Distortion with LS for Darkness for the extra ~3.85% Death damage, assuming they aren't already doing 99999 damage, in addition to whatever their LS+SC does (admittedly don't know what those numbers would look like, but too much of this would risk shedding hate from the tank anyway as skillchains grant the dealer full enmity from my experience), but it's certainly not necessary. Reisenjima HELM NMs aren't anywhere near as difficult as people can make them out to be provided you have at least 1 Idris GEO. We're already carrying around a BLM doing 1/2 to 3/4 the damage everyone else is doing and using mules to fill BRD sleeper and COR Roll/RD slots.

Obviously, though, if you have a linkshell over 18 members with 18 good players then yeah, the lesser players will be sat out, but I can't see that being a common situation.

I don't want to derail the thread further, but a good COR does a lot more than that. Or at least they should.

COR has a goddamn arsenal of magical WS for almost any situation, meaning they can dramatically reduce stratagem use by opening or closing most skillchains you need. They also have access to a native regain of 70 per tic(With rollers) and provided they don't need to do anything else can sub DRK for an occult acumen build and ALWAYS be ready to open or close WS as needed. And if they can use Leaden, our DP III COR was hitting between 12-20k on Albumen earlier this evening. Never once does he take hate from that.

COR isn't a slouch when it comes to regular support either. While there are the obvious benefits of /whm, Quickdraw is *** spectacular. Not only does it do damage(Our DP III COR cranks out 5k+ Fireshots on Albumen, 12k+ on Zerde), but it boosts the next nuke of the same element by 22%. With good gear they can actually land Dark Shot and not only get a Dispel, but boost that Death damage up. Not all groups have an Idris Geo, we didn't have one for a VERY long time. It's the only job other than RUN with an ability like that, and it can use it far more frequently than RUN can.

ANYWAY.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-26 02:54:59  
We do actually have a DP III COR but he's regularly on SCH. While I'd obviously be all for letting him have his fun, it'd 1) Have us short a SCH and 2) We wouldn't be able to make Aeonics on mules. :(
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-26 02:58:21  
There's little to no extra work put in whether your COR is good or not. Most a good COR can offer that a bad one can't is closing Distortion with LS for Darkness for the extra ~3.85% Death damage, assuming they aren't already doing 99999 damage, in addition to whatever their LS+SC does (admittedly don't know what those numbers would look like

With 3k tp, proper buffs, soldiers drink ls+sc can hit 99999(ws)+99999(darkness) on numbers of targets, without soldiers it's roughly half of that. You can recharge tp to 3000 again easily by setting up lucid wing rotations so every death volley you do would do double to triple amount of dmg if leaden sc is incorporated properly. You should be able to fire off 3k tp leaden around 7-8 death volley if lucid wing rotations are done right.

Even if not using leaden as part of sc, it's still possible to ws in between SC for extra dmg. 3k tp Leaden without sc would do less than half of death, but with sc dmg it's greater or equal to 1 death.

Also quick draw dmg with good sets and bad sets have huge difference. 15k to 20k qd is very doable with good gear against targets weak against elemental weakness, those dmg quickly adds up when you do like 10 times because that's extra 150k dmg with 10 qd.

No comment on hate issues, since it may depend on targets and groups.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-26 05:50:35  
We do actually have a DP III COR but he's regularly on SCH. While I'd obviously be all for letting him have his fun, it'd 1) Have us short a SCH and 2) We wouldn't be able to make Aeonics on mules. :(
While everyone is free to gear however they want and however many characters they want, does make me feel a bit ***when I'm nowhere near making an Aeonic weapon!
 Shiva.Nokturnall
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2016-04-26 05:55:00  
Considering I've been in West Sarutabaruta for the last 7 hours trying to upgrade Clear Abyssite to T2, I'd say make Tizona.
First Page 2 3