What Waist?!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » What waist?!
What waist?!
By Solare 2016-05-18 04:05:13  
G'day guys and girls.

Trying to find what kinda belt I should be using. I was using Nierenschutz, but after getting a decent neck item, and the rest of my gear, I'm at 52% -DT taken.

I had thought of using the 14% haste belt, but due to the rest of my gear, I'm already at 20% haste. So that belt is pointless and a waste of gil for 6%.

I'm using a Dynamic belt, but it feels so wrong. Ideas?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-18 05:06:07  
Only thing i can say is equipment haste cap is 25% and not 20%.
>_> Other than that
I dont play PLD. *Shrugs*
Sorry
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-18 05:08:57  
He means he's at 20 without the belt so a 14% belt feels like wasted money.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-18 05:34:56  
I use Sailfi Belt +1 in (most) of my sets. It gives a nice attack boost, TA, and haste+9% which should give you plenty of wiggle room.

And if you're competent enough to kill Emperor Arthro yourself, it's free.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-18 05:48:30  
Different situations call for different belts, but I've often found myself using Chuq'aba Belt on PLD
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-18 07:30:56  
If the acc on Dynamic Belt actually puts you in a position where you can hit the target, you shouldn't feel bad using it. But, since it probably doesn't, you might be best going with whatever caps haste and has the most def.

Chuq'aba won't let you cap haste by 1%, but it's not bad choice with the vit and the + cure pot received.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-18 08:27:59  
Try Asklepian belt

Magic Evasion +20 MDB +3 are the pertinent stats.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-05-18 08:32:45  
There's also always good old Flume/+1.
Can move PDT off of somewhere else with it too.
(Like say the back slot which lets you use Ambuscade cape.)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-18 09:30:16  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Try Asklepian belt

Magic Evasion +20 MDB +3 are the pertinent stats.
That's awesome and would've been my first choice probably, but he said he wanted a >=5% haste belt for the waist slot.

Tbf it's arguable the need of being at capped acc/haste in TP phase. On stuff that matters you're not gonna be hitting anything, so even if you swing lower (as long as you have good FC/Haste in your midcast set) it's not really a big deal, is it?

Maybe I'm just missing something but I dunno, don't think it matters that much in the end.
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-18 10:28:00  
Goading belt or Dynamic belt is probably your best options.

Looking at your set, do you have grounded mantle +1? That's 2% haste plus 21 accuracy, if you get a 7% head you'll cap and can use whatever you want in your belt slot.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-18 10:52:15  
Fenrir.Loynis said: »
Goading belt or Dynamic belt is probably your best options.

Looking at your set, do you have grounded mantle +1? That's 2% haste plus 21 accuracy, if you get a 7% head you'll cap and can use whatever you want in your belt slot.
On pld, grounded mantle is pointless in the -dt set. And there are no 7% haste head pieces with as much -dt as Sulevia's Mask +1, so the op would have to settle for just -pdt, which is a waste.

Goading belt could be good, but if you're going to settle for 25% haste in -dt set, I'd still suggest Chuq'aba.

If you don't care about haste, you can use Asklepian belt. From the look's of the OP's set, the back is free for Ambuscade cape, which is the superior choice over Grounded.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-18 11:03:12  
Listed below are most waists that PLD should use according to Skjalf.

Magic Defense & Magic Evasion / Enlight / Healing / Etc.:

When Doomed / Getting Refresh [/ Cured]:

Store-TP:

Sanguine Blade / Flash Nova / Nuking:

Non-defensive TPing:

When pulling mobs to camp during partying while wearing
Carmine Cuisses +1 / Hippomenes Socks +1:

[Most] Weapon Skills:

Idle Regen:

Rampart and Cover:

Treasure Hunter:

:3
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-18 11:05:05  
He can make up the DT loss using Yorium with DT augments and Twilight neck or the UNM behemoth one. There is plenty of flexibility in his current set to cover haste/dt to caps. It just depends on how easy the gear is for him to get and if he wants to put time and effort into it.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-18 11:19:56  
But the question seems pretty straight forward: what belt. No point giving the OP a shopping list of new items to get, especially if it wont help. Twilight neck loses enmity and Yorium head loses acc over what he's already wearing. So changing all this gear to try and fit a grounded mantle in, to still wiff because pld in -dt set can't reach 1100 acc, it's all pointless.

My suggestion is to just forget haste in the -dt set, because who cares how fast you miss, and go with something defensive.

If you absolutely want capped haste, use Ninurta's Sash then, since it has 6% haste and a bit of def as well.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-18 12:39:58  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
No point giving the OP a shopping list of new items to get, especially if it wont help.

:3
[+]
By Solare 2016-05-18 13:34:01  
Wow, this thread took off while I was asleep..

I hadn't put much thought into my gear set as you all have. I thought I was pretty good with my fast cast/cure/turtle/acc set. But obviously not!

I'm using ambuscade cape, but the set I have on in my equip now is my turtle set. I figured more Haste would be good. But doesn't look like that would be the case.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll spend some time getting some of your options.

As a side note, in my tank setup with Enlight II, I can reach 1022ACC.