Beastmaster Don't Really Use Fencer, Right? Let's

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Beastmaster don't really use Fencer, right? Let's
Beastmaster don't really use Fencer, right? Let's
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-06-06 17:14:39  
SE's response:

Quote:
Hi, everyone!

As the Fencer trait has the ability to boost damage, and there are those that are currently using it for this purpose, changing or removing it would lead to a negative experience for those users.
As such, we do not have any plans for adjustments to it at this time.

In addition to that, in terms of adjustments for beastmaster, we're not currently looking into boosting their damage any further at the moment.

That said, we will continue to look into your feedback regarding beastmaster so please be sure to keep it coming!

SE's response. So, who here is using fencer because it's such a super awesome trait that you can't live without it?!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 17:43:57  
Doesn't hurt to have, why would someone want it removed?
[+]
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2016-06-06 18:21:39  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Doesn't hurt to have, why would someone want it removed?

Probably because some people still clutch at the hope that if they can prove the trait is useless, SE will replace it with something "better" (or go back to the way things were before pet command distances were adjusted).

At this point I think it's quite obvious that things will never go back to the way they were. When Matsui himself declared that bsts were not playing the way he envisioned that they should, and was shortening the distance commands could be issued in order to "force" bsts to comply with that vision, the devs hands were essentially tied from that point forward. No amount of complaining from the player base will ever be enough to counter an order from the big man himself. Fencer is more like a small consolation prize than their attempt at a real fix. You don't have to like it, but don't expect anything better to come along.
By Verda 2016-06-06 19:32:19  
Someone reported 30k cloudsplitters, I mean it might be nice to have BST situationally use their axes for more than decoration :) Could always single wield an axe and yes I know that's a hit to your pet, but skillchaining 20k magical ws at 1k tp might very well be worthwhile trade off in some instances. The reports could be wrong, but, I don't think they are far off judging by what I know some similar magical ws can do. I know it's not what a lot of BST want but I find alot of the game comes down to using all you got effectively and those numbers are nothing to sneeze at.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-06-06 20:15:07  

BST/WHM with cure potency and shield skill builds for the win! ^o^
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-06-06 20:19:07  
Skjalfeirdotter said: »
BST for the win! ^o^

Yaaaaaaassss!!!!
 Asura.Masrur
サーバ: Asura
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-06-08 15:47:41  
Verda said: »
Someone reported 30k cloudsplitters, I mean it might be nice to have BST situationally use their axes for more than decoration :) Could always single wield an axe and yes I know that's a hit to your pet, but skillchaining 20k magical ws at 1k tp might very well be worthwhile trade off in some instances. The reports could be wrong, but, I don't think they are far off judging by what I know some similar magical ws can do. I know it's not what a lot of BST want but I find alot of the game comes down to using all you got effectively and those numbers are nothing to sneeze at.

Only situation where I would gear myself (the beast 'master') and not focus all my attention on gearing my pet is if I wanted a DD slot in an apex crab whatnot cp party and to be frank, with or without cp campaigns a BST is better off AoEing in Reisenjima for cp. And convincing cookie cutter leaders for a DD slot in a apex crab party is well.... Good luck with that!

I'd like to hear from RMEA owners on their experience of going all out master melee, Aeonic axe and melee focused TP/WS Valorious set and Argosy set opens up melee options and using Ruinator, but I would assume a RMEA is a must (more interested in the Aeonic shovel...)