Sc/mb

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » sc/mb
sc/mb
By botches 2016-06-08 12:33:52  
i have been asked to sc/mb ambuscade and i don't know how to do that.
i haven't mb since 2007 and haven't playing this game for 3 years.
i don't do endgame and only reforging/soloing my job points on free time.
can i practice with trusts ?
should i join a CP party ?

basically, what you, others blm, are doing to achieve mb task ?
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-08 12:38:28  
Find out what skillchain the party is going to be doing, and then select the strongest element. It's usually Darkness since I think it's the easiest to do with melees. Then you start nuking after the 2nd melee weaponskills, either Ice or Death. If they do light instead you can use Thunder.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-06-08 13:06:50  
In most CP Parties nowadays people are Skillchaining and Magic Bursting off of the chain, so if you want to practice the timing and get used to doing that, a CP party is a relatively safe environment.

In order to optimize your magic bursts, you need a fast cast set and magic burst gear (which can just be regular nuking gear). The reason the fast cast is important is because you have a full 10 seconds from when the second weapon skill lands and triggers the skillchain. Ideally you can get off two strong spells in this 10 second window, most commonly -ja and then a tier 6.

If there are two melee in the situation that it's likely that they will be doing a skillchain that results in either Light or Dark.
On light you can burst: Wind, Fire, Thunder, or Light
On dark you can burst: Stone, Water, Ice, or Dark
It's very common now that scholars will be the ones creating a skillchain using their strategem Immanence.
[+]
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2016-06-08 14:13:38  
Assuming you're doing 'regular' and not 'intense' ambuscade, the antlion you'll be fighting this month is weak to light and wind magic, and strong to darkness and earth. So ideally your party's dds/sch/bst pets can do a light skillchain, and you can follow this up with a strong spell in the aero category. Unlike in the past (was this already before 2007?) when blms set the pace for a sc-mb because spells like 'freeze' took so damn long to cast, nowadays the dd can sc as soon as they have tp, and the nukers still have plenty of time to land a spell within the short window following a sc where a mb can occur. If you still have trouble with timing, sub rdm for fast cast trait, or have someone else haste you. Also, you can ask the dds to make macros that announce in party chat when they are starting a sc, to give you time to prepare. Or if you're good at just following the action log, keep an eye out for the announcement that the first or second ws of the chain is going off, then start casting (for spells that take longer to cast, start casting a second or so after the first ws goes off). If things are really hectic and wses are being spammed randomly, or the log is scrolling too fast for you to follow, you can also go by the sc animations, which are pretty obvious ( the sounds they make are also pretty distinctive).