フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Too many geos not playing right
Too many geos not playing right
First Page 2 3
 Fenrir.Acey
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-06-14 17:34:32  
If you are one of those people who leveled get just to put bubbles out and sit there and do nothing you need to retire the job. I see this all too much and it frustrates me(someone who enjoys maining Geo). I see all these players who have there looping die so fat because they don't incorporate abilities into it. I see geos who just like to sit in cp parties cast bubbles and not nuke. I put damn near 50+M in my geo before idris which I'm still working on(stupid coalitions).

The people that are the ones doing this are the ones who leveled a simple job to try to get some other gear for other jobs I get that. But make sure you pull your own wait in co parties(I nuke for 30-50k on geo), reisen nm's also I can nuke then for around 30k on a Unresisted Magic burst my Geo isn't the best but I put work into every time I get on to make it good.

Tl;dr stop playing get if you don't put the time in to make it half decent carry your own wait as a player for your party.

Rant over sorry ffxiah forum people I just needed to say this
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-14 17:38:52  
Fenrir.Acey said: »
I see all these players who have there looping die so fat
lol'd
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-14 17:40:17  
I imagine this was written while bashing a fist on the table.
[+]
By Inudesu 2016-06-14 17:44:54  
A majority of content doesn't need the geo to do anything else. I used to also heal. If we didn't have a whm or something, but usually people want their godamn bubbles
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-06-14 17:45:17  
Normally not one of those types of people to call out spelling. Though I have a feeling auto-correct was strong with this one. GD man put a little less time into GEO and a little more into proofreading your rant(s).

Edit: Also I concur!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-06-14 17:49:16  
classic acey
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-14 17:55:45  
this thread is actually a good thing. going forward i will always remember acey's advice to, "pull my own wait", and you'd better believe i will.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-14 18:01:57  
If you are one of those people who leveled get just to put bubbles out and sit there and do nothing you need to retire the job. I see this all too much and it frustrates me(someone who enjoys maining Geo). I see all these players who have there looping die so fat because they don't incorporate abilities into it. I see geos who just like to sit in cp parties cast bubbles and not nuke. I put damn near 50+M in my geo before idris which I'm still working on(stupid coalitions).

The people that are the ones doing this are the ones who leveled a simple job to try to get some other gear for other jobs I get that. But make sure you pull your own wait in co parties(I nuke for 30-50k on geo), reisen nm's also I can nuke then for around 30k on a Unresisted Magic burst my Geo isn't the best but I put work into every time I get on to make it good.

Tl;dr stop playing get if you don't put the time in to make it half decent carry your own wait as a player for your party.

[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-06-14 18:17:13  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I see all these players who have there looping die so fat
lol'd

Sorry I was typing from a phone so I really didn't recheck it before posting.

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
classic acey

Ramzus you know nothing of me so how is this classic me?
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2016-06-14 18:23:54  
God... Acey seems like even more of a tool as time goes on, I guess. 3 years and evolution has gone in reverse for this one.

tl:dr stop writing/talking if you aren't going to put in the time to make it half coherent as part of an English speaking society?

edit:
classic acey

You two KINDA shared a server for a while... just sayin'...
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2016-06-14 18:53:19  
In CP parties, if you can nuke then why aren't you?!
WAIT before that, could the GEO in PuG CP parties for once, proc the enemy so malaise works?

Against NMs, I'm surprised the BLMs don't tell you to stop nuking.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-06-14 19:07:39  
Cry more. Job gets done fine either way. Most times in CP parties that I've been in, the geo doesn't even need to nuke for it to die in one go.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Azurea 2016-06-14 19:15:58  
Who else but Acey-mire!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-06-14 19:31:05  
Too many humans that look like monkeys FFS
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-14 19:49:53  

Worry less about other players, and more about your horrible spelling.
[+]
By Afania 2016-06-14 22:56:16  
For the sake of the future of our world, we need more people to play GEO, not quitting the job.
 Carbuncle.Conini
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2016-06-14 23:52:45  
As long as the GEO is putting up their bubbles and keeping them up (if they aren't, rant becomes relevant) I would not give a ***.

Typically a GEO nuking before a blm/on a boss where magic bursts have that cap on damage is more detrimental than helpful. CP parties... eh yeah they should be nuking... I'll give you that one. All in all though, I'd still take that GEO who at the very least, can keep up their bubbles.

I wonder when this thread is going to be taken down...
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-06-14 23:59:06  
Pretty much what was said above, on a Reis Helm NM I could care less what the GEO is putting out for DPS as its not going to add up anywhere close to what the BLMs in alliance are doing. In some cases it can even be detrimental if its a GEO that loves bursting before the BLMs do.

In a CP party I might want them to DPS but it still wouldn't be anywhere near as important as actually acting on the mob and making sure bubbles last as long as possible. I might even want them to just main heal so we can add another real nuker.
[+]
By Brynach 2016-06-15 00:13:03  
I nuke for 30-50k on geo

[+]
By Boshi 2016-06-15 01:01:15  
classic acey
[+]
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2016-06-15 01:47:17  
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-06-15 23:52:34  
Fenrir.Kut said: »
God... Acey seems like even more of a tool as time goes on, I guess. 3 years and evolution has gone in reverse for this one.

tl:dr stop writing/talking if you aren't going to put in the time to make it half coherent as part of an English speaking society?

edit:
classic acey

And your still a *** I see.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-06-16 00:13:20  
Doing only bubbles as a geo is not playing wrong. Get your ***straight. Its like saying a bard only doing songs is playing the job wrong.

(I nuke for 30-50k on geo)
In the night I hear them talk, coolest story ever bro.jpeg

I have the image somewhere in my hard drive, just can't find it
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-16 00:29:56  
I don't see why you'd complain about GEO's playing it wrong. It just gives you the opportunity to look good in comparison.

People that play bad do so because they don't care. Crying on FFXIAH isn't going to change that, it just makes you look bad.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-06-16 00:45:31  
How to play GEO right:

1) bubble your party
2) sometimes bubble the bad guy
3) good job you did it
[+]
 Asura.Bryangelos
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Bryangelos 2016-06-16 01:31:10  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
How to play GEO right:

1) bubble your party
2) sometimes bubble the bad guy
3) good job you did it

Correction
1) Use Indi-Poison
2) Who cares
3) Who cares
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-06-16 02:08:47  
Fenrir.Kut said: »

edit:
classic acey

And your still a *** I see.

you're*
[+]
First Page 2 3