日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Absorb-Speed
Absorb-Speed
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-07 08:19:17  
Drains 15% Haste, inflicts 15% slow. Does not diminish over time. Follows the same line of Absorb spells.

Would this not be a noble DRK idea, since it's rather challenging to haste a DRK in a group apparently?
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-07-07 08:30:48  
Don't think they need to add a spell when you can just /p haste please.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-07 08:53:07  
Mages don't haste DRKs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2016-07-07 08:53:22  
Sounds like a solid idea to me.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-07 09:06:24  
I like this. I even thing it should be lv 49 so other 2handers have the option to /drk and use it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-07 09:07:18  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
I like this. I even thing it should be lv 49 so other 2handers have the option to /drk and use it.

They'll never land it?
edit: On anything that matters
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-07 09:09:00  
se can just make is land 100% of the time, like dia.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-07 09:14:04  
Well, I won't get into particulars about how it should be implemented. I just think its a great idea to give DRK a speed option (magical). But you're right, other jobs could potentially benefit from this as a sub, since its clear that SE is nudging us into using DRK as a sub over WAR and SAM.

Would be a great way to allow DRKs to be self-sustaining in the haste department.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-07 09:14:19  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Mages don't haste DRKs.
Parties don't invite DRKs.

I mean, who wants to invite a paper tiger who can't even hit anything?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-07 09:15:00  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Mages don't haste DRKs.

Incorrect. On both claims.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-07 09:17:02  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Mages don't haste DRKs.

Incorrect. On both claims.
Sarcasm

Look it up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-07 09:26:38  
Don't care. Stay on the topic here.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-07 09:30:30  
Anyways, I think it's a cool idea. Now to convince SE...
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2016-07-11 12:28:18  
I agree that DRK needs some way of giving themselves more attack speed. Compare it to the current whipping boy, BLU. BLU gets a lot of different ways to give themselves high high attack speed. Dual Wield being a huge part of that, much like DRK's Last Resort being a high potency JA haste. Though from what I understand, JA haste also has the bonus of gaining TP faster than Dual Wield and effecting magic recast times.

So to even the playing field between DRK and BLU, DRK's Absorb-Speed would have to only affect attack speed and not increasing TP gain rate (like Dual Wield). Some unique buff that's overwritten by haste.

This way a solo DRK achieves an almost similar attack speed that BLU can accomplish solo, and in group content would be boosted more by haste.
By volkom 2016-07-11 12:44:11  
Absorb speed and having blood weapon be standard ja then giving us a new 1hour would be a dream come true.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-11 12:52:24  
In all honesty, there isn't any point of having Absorb-Speed.

There are 2 situations noted in this thread:

1) Soloist. In most content where DRKs solo, they are able to summon Trusts, which most cases you would have a WHM trust out, and those trusts would cast Haste on you. Or you could be smart and summon Koru and have him give you Haste 2. The content you can't summon trusts (such as Einjerhar), you would rather be a different job to do anyway (such as BLU).

2) Party. In every case, you would have a buffer and/or WHM in the party, which would give you Haste (or should). If your buffer and/or WHM doesn't give you Haste, then it's their fault for making the party suck, not yours. Your job is to whack the mob and make sure it doesn't go after the healer, in case the tank fails that job.

Both situations already give you capped, or near capped magic haste anyway. Absorb-Speed wouldn't do anything except give you the illusion of capped speed. And we all know that SE wouldn't do this right, because Haste for you and Slow for the mob would be too powerful for one spell, so they will nerf it when it goes out the door.
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-11 12:54:35  
Drains 15% Haste, inflicts 15% slow. Does not diminish over time. Follows the same line of Absorb spells.

Would this not be a noble DRK idea, since it's rather challenging to haste a DRK in a group apparently?

I don't play DRK and have wanted this for a while. Just seems to fit. I also don't play with DRKs very often (just aren't any in my group)

I'd almost prefer it didn't put the debuff on, because then it could self-overwrite (it 'could' anyway, but this is SE) and then you wouldn't have to worry about conflicts with mages slowing.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-07-11 12:55:26  
Interesting idea but I assume useless for a afterglow apoc or?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-07-11 13:00:43  
Instead of making it an absorb spell that costs >3 seconds of DPS to cast and wears off every 2-3 minutes, though, lets make it a job trait (no usage delay). Perhaps we could tie it to some buff that they try to keep up all the time anyway, like Last Resort, and make it really potent. I'm thinking 25% JA Haste is a pretty good target.

~~~ Galka-sized waves of sarcasm ~~~
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-11 13:09:46  
You bring up some useful points. The slow part may not necessarily fit, you're right. I was just trying to envision it along the same lines as absorb spells. It doesn't have to do that. The DPS loss is inevitable. Even BLUs have to deal with that with casting their buffs, though, they can get away with casting theirs before the battle begins, so that's a reasonable point to make.

I'm not saying you can't have a trust or a party member haste you, because in reality, that's what is expected. Sadly, its not always the reality. I hate to compare DRK to BLU, but it was just a thought that I felt made sense.

Yeah, Apoc would probably take a hit and those users may be irritated about that.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-11 13:13:48  
Awesome idea, as always, FFXIAH.

Next, can I have steal-speed? Gives me 15% JA haste for 5 minutes and 100% land rate. Also, make it undispellable.

Should also steal the enemy's actual speed, so they get -movement speed and I'll get +movement speed
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-11 13:16:37  
Well technically, THF and DRK can already "Steal" speed, buffs as it were, through Aura Steal & NV Abs-Attribute. I do feel like every melee job should have a way to boost their natural speed at this point in the game.

I know you were being sarcastic, though.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-07-11 14:30:44  
Lol sad can't have a normal discussion anymore lol.
By Ulthakptah 2016-07-11 16:36:00  
Well technically, THF and DRK can already "Steal" speed, buffs as it were, through Aura Steal & NV Abs-Attribute. I do feel like every melee job should have a way to boost their natural speed at this point in the game.

I know you were being sarcastic, though.
Pretty sure the only melee job that can't boost their attack speed is war, though they still can by using a sub job. If you want to make the case that the recast on Last Resort is too long, and should be short enough to be used full time, I'd be behind that. I personally feel the recast of most job abilities are too long and need slashed like what they did with dancer's steps.

Edit: Of course if you really really really feel like haste I would help you a lot you could always use a blurred weapon /s
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2016-07-11 17:29:08  
Better solution is just give all mages Hastega and Hastega II with a 10 min duration. Never understood why mages have to deal with haste cycle BS.

Ofc, is solo we have trust for haste.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [405 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-20 15:35:03  
Bumping this cause buukki posted it first a long while ago but it was something I had been talking about with la mates was way back at 75 cap (t2 absorbs or adding dark elemental damage to them)
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-20 15:40:54  
Looking over age old posts on official forums lots a ppl had these ideas it seems lol can't say for sure if I read it from muras or someone else's at this point. Seriously though, ppl had good ideas back then too bad no one from SE actually reads NA forums
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-20 18:31:50  
DRK in no way needs anything like this.

DRK already self-caps it's own JA Haste with one ability with a relatively great duration-to-cooldown timer.

25% JA Haste
25% Equipment Haste
DRK only needs 30% or so (Haste II will do it) and it's fully Haste capped.