users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Escha - Zi'Tah for a returning player
Escha - Zi'Tah for a returning player
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2016-07-12 11:50:51  
Hey guys, so I am returning to the game after a 3 year hiatus. I am really enjoying the new content and zones. Love the idea of trusts and being able to do things on my own etc. Most of my old shell/friends are all gone. So several questions. I have a few sparks geared jobs (Thf, Drk, Bst). Am I able to solo any NM's with sparks gear and trusts or should I just /shout for help with clearing these Nms to get vorseals etc. I tried one on Bst and got completely annihilated. What is the best way to attack the new content and is any of it really soloable? Any and all info is appreciated.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-12 12:01:45  
The content is soloable, though I'm not certain if sparks gear is enough to handle it. Some of the more capable trusts might be needed as well. Bear also in mind that some of those NMs are significantly harder than the others (Vidala, for instance, levels up and uses paralyze, petrify, and Perfect Dodge).

If ya need a LS, hit me up or anyone else with a pearlsack to doodles, which is just about everybody. Lots of people in the shell are returning players who are in a similar position as yourself and you can get help from all sorts of players. I personally won't be on much in the next few days, but if you can't track anyone down, I can leave some pearls at one of the Linkshell Concierges (NPCs who can give out pearls for LSs).
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-07-12 12:04:55  
Depending on your level of gear and job points, you can solo some Zi'Tah NMs on BST. For T1's you can probably do everything except Ferrodon, Revetaur, and Vidala with trusts, I think. I typically duo or trio myself with a GEO and/or COR, so I can't speak much to pure solo. Some Ru'Aun T1s and even T2s are soloable on BST as well. edit: sparks gear will make these tough. Get a 119 axe and get your important gear sets started, grab a partner, and you should be fine.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-12 12:05:08  
Sparks gear is nowhere near what you'd want for Escha content, even Zi'tah T1s. You're getting carried at that point. There's quite a bit of pre-Escha i119 gear you could use to bridge the gap.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-12 12:15:45  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The content is soloable, though I'm not certain if sparks gear is enough to handle it. Some of the more capable trusts might be needed as well. Bear also in mind that some of those NMs are significantly harder than the others (Vidala, for instance, levels up and uses paralyze, petrify, and Perfect Dodge).

If ya need a LS, hit me up or anyone else with a pearlsack to doodles, which is just about everybody. Lots of people in the shell are returning players who are in a similar position as yourself and you can get help from all sorts of players. I personally won't be on much in the next few days, but if you can't track anyone down, I can leave some pearls at one of the Linkshell Concierges (NPCs who can give out pearls for LSs).

I can Also give pearls for Doodles if you want to get a hold of me. I'm always online.
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2016-07-12 12:21:56  
Ok so I got smoked by vidala.... so bad choice on my account. :)
I may hit you guys up for a pearl. Since I just got back I only have like 5 job points total. So what kind of 119 gear to bridge the gap?
Where would I even begin to start getting that at. I am so confused as to what I should do to prioritize this stuff.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-12 12:34:04  
Lemme dust off my trusty old list:

• Starting Point (just returned): Records of Eminence (sparks gear), lower end Unity NMs, Reforged Artifact/Relic/Empyrean armor (at least 109), Macrocosmic Orb BCs, easier difficulty Merit BCs, Wildskeeper Reives, regular Skirmish (not necessarily recommended) and probably Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish

• Next Step (your gear nearing ilevel 119): 119-128ish level Unity NMs, Reforged AF/Relic/Empy armor 119, higher difficulties Merit BCs (Normal/Difficult), Delve, Alluvion Skirmish, Escha Zi'Tah/Sky Tier 1/2, Incursion (pre-level 130), maybe Vagary

• Mid-point (full 119, good practice with mechanics and strategies): level 130 and up content like Sinister Reign, Vagary, Escha T3 and some HELM NMs, Reisenjima T1, Unity 135 NMs

• High-end (great gear, more experience with complex enemies): Reisenjima T2/3, Escha Gods/AAs, generally level 140ish content

• The Hardest Crap in the Game: level 145+ content like Super Kirin, Warder of Courage (super Absolute Virtue), the 7 HELM NMs in Reisenjima, Tumult Curator (super Pandemonium Warden), fighting me in Ballista

With support, you do have the option of skipping a few steps if you really want to, though you'd basically just be sitting on the side lines and collecting gear. Arguably, it's more important that you reacclimate yourself to the game's world and mechanics, which helps you beyond what gear, and into understanding why you'd want it.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2016-07-12 12:39:39  
Holy crap this is what I needed! Thank you! One of my friends in already in your ls, so I will be hitting you up for a pearl! Thanks again!
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-12 13:05:02  
Quote:
fighting me in Ballista

God dammit paul!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-12 13:09:45  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Quote:
fighting me in Ballista

God dammit paul!
You'll never win, woman!
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-12 13:21:55  
Maybe I shall make an attempt!
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-12 14:28:03  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Quote:
fighting me in Ballista

God dammit paul!
You'll never win, woman!
Come at me bro~!

Im joking i couldn't fight you. Only with pencil and paper!