Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » FFXI Strategy Videos
FFXI Strategy Videos
By RolandJ 2016-09-29 11:33:11  
Hey there,

I've been working on some strategy videos for the T3s in Escha - Ru'Aun and I've got a few other mobs in mind to make videos for as well. My aim in these videos is to give full-blown strategic commentary for the mob centered around extremely efficient, but typically non 1h SP centric- strategies. The intended result is to enable ffxi newcomers to get intimately aquainted with what works well and how to do it without having to hope to find themselves within a group of friends who has and will share this information in order to get it.

The videos links will be posted in the post below.

If you like these videos or simply want more strategy commentaries then be sure to like the videos and/or the main post on this page - it might give me more motivation while making the videos! Or maybe it'll simply make me feel good, lol. Also, others are free to make strategy videos to post here as well, just please be sure to make them well documented, clearly communicated, and polite. Please be sure to like their posts when they post a nice video! ^^

By the way, the greatest thing about trio'n things, in my opinion, is that there's less time shouting and looking for members since you only need 2 additional people instead of 5! It's wonderful, it really is.

Happy Farming!
Roland
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-09-29 12:18:11  
Video Listings

Vir'ava MagicBurst Trio - https://youtu.be/SHZumV982VI
YouTube Video Placeholder

Pakecet BLU Manaburn Trio - https://youtu.be/0E6Ni4PBvyM

Pakecet MagicBurst Trio - https://youtu.be/9TW916Bfdl8

Duke Vepar MagicBurst Trio - https://youtu.be/ZenQSEp9KUA

ArkAngel EV MagicBurst Trio - https://youtu.be/H_FXr4nmybA
[+]
 Asura.Ganno
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-09-29 12:21:17  
Great Video, really need more like this!
Good job :)
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-10-15 16:42:25  
Thanks Ganno!

I've released a new video. A strategy commentary for Pakecet using a BLU manaburn setup has been released. Many thanks go to Oraen for teaching me this strategy in February of this year. Thanks man! Check out the video everyone, let me know what you think, and happy farming!

Pakecet BLU Manaburn Trio - https://youtu.be/0E6Ni4PBvyM

Pakecet MagicBurst Trio - Coming tomorrow, Sunday the 16th!

Thanks,
Roland
 Asura.Limitedx
user: Limitedx
By Asura.Limitedx 2016-10-15 21:51:44  
Well done!!! Keep up the good work buddy!
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-10-15 21:55:57  
Thanks bud!!
By RolandJ 2016-10-16 11:39:06  
Here is my Pakecet MagicBurst Trio strategy commentary video! Fresh off the video editor and just for you.

Pakecet MagicBurst Trio - https://youtu.be/9TW916Bfdl8

Happy farming!
 Leviathan.Blitzjr
サーバ: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blitzjr 2016-10-16 11:39:39  
Sweetz
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-10-18 17:22:27  
Newly released: Ark Angel Elvaan Magic Burst Trio! https://youtu.be/H_FXr4nmybA.

I'm not sure which NM I'll do next, at the moment I have no plans :p Once you get geared for and learn how to apply the magicburst strategy to fights somewhere around 60-75% of the Zi'Tah T1 - Reisen T1 fights are within your grasp, and half of the Reisen T2s, though there are a handful along the way that aren't magic friendly - that's why I chose 60-75% as the number. All you have to do for most fights is learn which element to use and accommodate for special mechanics when possible, sometimes by adjusting which trusts and/or bubbles you use.

Have fun farming your NMs and I might touch base again later. Be sure to tell your friends about this page so that they can learn about these NMs too if they'd like to if they don't already know.
 Asura.Limitedx
user: Limitedx
By Asura.Limitedx 2016-10-18 20:21:26  
Keep up the good work buddy!!! Pretty helpful. Thank You
[+]
By Neokahrn 2016-10-18 21:06:22  
Great job with these videos, I believe you gave the Deacon Sword to my son Pbaj! Definitely will enjoy watching and learning from these video!
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-10-18 22:55:30  
Yes, Pbaj now has a new phalanx sword! :) Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-10-18 23:14:57  
This is amazing. Thanks so much!
*subscribes to your channel* 8D
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-10-22 21:00:36  
Would you be able to record Duke Vepar as a trio? Not sure if he has anything special/different or if it's the same (tank and burst)
By RolandJ 2016-10-22 22:01:43  
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
Would you be able to record Duke Vepar as a trio? Not sure if he has anything special/different or if it's the same (tank and burst)

Sure, I could make a video about our beloved duke. Give me some time for this, though - perhaps a week.

Our duke gets Hundred Fists and a conal TP move that can wipe a tank if Apururu fails to Cursna successfully. A good counter to Hundred Fists is a second tank for bouncing hate and maybe paralyze - he resists stun unfortunately. You can position the tanks on opposite sides of the ??? to counter the conal move.

His pet spawns along side him instead of from a delayed and/or stunnable TP move and it's very resistant to sleep. This means any implemented sleep cycle will be undesirably accelerated and require Elemental Seal - unlike Vir'ava where you can prolong it till 50% HP or Pakecet where he often won't pop pets if you kill him fast. Furthermore, you can't stun Duke Vepar - at least not reliably as I didn't try it with Elemental Seal - and so this would make a strategy of killing the pet and then stunning the respawn move ineffective.

Following a proceedure of Sleep2>Fusion>>Fragmentation>Fusion should kill him before sleep2 wears off.
 Bismarck.Dunigs
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-10-23 01:21:33  
Threw this together really quick for Vepar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVe5-99JIlU

Not trying to steal your thunder by any means but in the event this is an open forum just for some visual aids as opposed to just posting your own video series, I thought this may be helpful. If not I'll gladly remove :).

Not entirely sure what the parameters on how you're trying to do these setups are. I didn't use any 1hr as you mentioned in OP but I do have an Idris now-a-days, though I've done it with this same setup many times before before I had Idris, no denying it makes it faster though Hundred Fists didn't seem to be a big deal at all for tanks. I don't have AA EV yet nor have I really read up on how she performs, but if she takes damage in a similar fashion to August I think her+August would be a better setup just for Hundred Fists.

Strat
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-23 04:46:12  

I've done it once with trust tank, SCH 1hr zerg + GEO can kill it.
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-10-23 07:53:37  
Nice little video Dunigs. Thanks for posting along with a good text explanation! :) AA EV trust, eh? I haven't even gotten her yet, lol. ><

Thanks for mentioning you had idris in that Video. I see you used Indi-Focus, Geo-Malaise, and Entrust-Haste. It gives you quick Thunder6/5/Aja recasts but for the viewers, remember that without an idris just Focus might not bump your resist rate to a satisfactory point depending on your BLM. This might be good to mention since my videos are aimed at helping low & middle geared players and so the above might be the case for many viewers who check this thread.

This is what my fragmentation/fusion alternation is purposed for. It's an alternate counter to the recast issue you were addressing that also allows the addition of Languor. Indi-Languor, Geo-Malaise, Entrust-Focus. The Scholar tosses a quick storm2 on the BLM immediately after each SC and then starts the next one and using alternate elemental V, VI, and Ajas means that you're never waiting on recast - it's quite fast and clean in execution when done efficiently. You can see it done in the AA EV strategy - to be honest, you could even go 2-4 seconds faster per SC than I did in this video.

And thanks Afania! While I do try to stay away from 1h strategies that strat is neat in that it allows a SCH and GEO to duo it pretty easily. My strategies have had 0 gear requirements for GEO and SCH aside from GEO 880+ skill, as they just bubble and skillchain, but if you try Afania's strategy then expect high SCH gear&JP requirements. A excellent nuke set and a soldier drink'd 10k Helix will go a long ways in that setup. Might be able to do it without the 1h if you have a 10k helix, but your spam rate might be considerably slower than a trio since the fight will last 4-7mins I guess and/or you'll be resetting 1hs.

Glad to see the strategies. While my strategy videos are geared towards helping new players - every video on this page doesn't have to be. All we need is thorough and meticulous documentation of the strategy and disclaimers to the viewers, like having an idris or high nuking gear requirements, to accommodate the visuals so that it becomes a treasure trove of strategic information for even the least discerning of viewers and clearly put in a way as to not discourage newcomers to FFXI.
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-10-27 23:16:36  
This thread has a new home! It has been moved from the Endgame>Escha thread and into the Endgame main thread as I'd like to leave it open for other highlv events such as lowman Vagary, Delve, and Incursion strats.

Basically my focus is on endgame that is obscured to new players instead of stuff everyone knows or can learn fast like Sinister Reign for example. I see plenty of people buying items/clears from these things, except Incursion, and these would likely be more farm-friendly for these new players if they had access to easy-to-digest, accessible, and very efficient strategies like the ones I try to post here.

So be sure to look here, in the main endgame thread, for this topic instead of the old location.

I'll probably start working on that Duke Vepar video late next week.
By RolandJ 2016-11-06 14:08:23  
News Update: The video recording for Duke Vepar is finished. I'll work on the audio later today and the video will probably upload by the end of tomorrow evening. Sorry for the delay on producing the video since I announced it on the 27th of last month - I ended up taking a sort of hiatus from ffxi endgame for about a week.

If you like these videos or simply want more strategy commentaries then be sure to like the videos and/or the main post on this page - it might give me more motivation while making the videos! Or maybe it'll simply make me feel good, lol. Also, others are free to make strategy videos to post here as well, just please be sure to make them well documented, clearly communicated, and polite. Please be sure to like their posts when they post a nice video! ^^

Well, seeya soon!
By RolandJ 2016-11-07 18:38:29  
The Duke Vepar video commentary is live! Check it out at https://youtu.be/ZenQSEp9KUA.

I'll add the full text description to the video tomorrow morning. I've got four college assignments due in the morning and I'm going to spend the rest of tonight working on them instead. That's right, I got the video ready for you guys instead of going straight to my homework - I'm not sure if you guys should be proud of me or if I should be ashamed. lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-11-07 18:51:56  
Thank youuuuu! 8D
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-11-13 21:00:03  
This might be a far stretch, but do you think any T2s or T3s in Reisenjima could be trioed?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-13 21:01:08  
all can by highly geared players with an idris geo

some like sarsaok, ironside aren't even hard
By Afania 2016-11-13 21:02:32  
This might be a far stretch, but do you think any T2s or T3s in Reisenjima could be trioed?

For T2 more like solo.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-13 21:07:00  
I've done all the T3s with BLU GEO WHM with Amchuchu/King of Hearts/Qultada as trusts. Seen some JPs do Maju and Neak with SCH GEO + Trusts, too.
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-11-13 21:09:32  
I wish you'd make more videos, Llewelyn! I enjoyed the video you made for the VD ambuscade of August, the one that had a troll boss & 5 minions. I'd watch your videos.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-13 21:11:50  
I don't have a good enough computer to record. That's all done by Vasch or Speedyjim.
By RolandJ 2016-11-13 21:34:39  
Darn, I wish you did. I bet you guys could make some killer lowman strat videos. Most of my experience is in Reisen T2 & lower solo-trios, and Reisen T3 5-7man parties. I'd make some Reisen T2 trio videos in a heartbeat if I had a stock of pop items and/or knew how to farm Incursion efficiently. It's something that was mostly dead by the time I returned to FFXI and since I don't need to use any gear from there I've never been motivated to do it or learn its details.

As for solo videos, aside from Ru'Aun T2 & under & SCH zombie strats, I get more motivation out of focusing on strats that newbie watchers can reasonably be expected to achieve instead since they'll get more utility out of the video. But I do like watching someone who likes the challenge of a solo soloing a tough mob - like watching Hiep's insane solos of lv 140 content.

I am slightly tempted to make some entry/mid-level solo videos on certain mobs, though. However, my time is getting more and more limited due to studies.