users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Cleaving Easy Improvements
Cleaving Easy Improvements
 Carbuncle.Aliekber
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Aliekber
By Carbuncle.Aliekber 2016-11-11 14:15:27  
Short version: I'm looking for suggestions to improve my cleave sets, especially quick/easy ones.

Long version: I came back to the game in August, and started taking BLU up a week or two ago. Since I've been gone a while, I'm sure there are easily or somewhat-easily obtained gear pieces that I'm missing that could pump up my Big 8 cleaving output, but I'm not sure what they are.

Here's my current Spectral Floe set: ItemSet 347666
Both diamond rings have +2 INT augs. The rest of my sets are basically the same, but with the corresponding stat's +8 mantle, any +8 rings I could find on the AH, and the Abyssea Elemental Sachet.

Also, I'm planning to use my Silver Mog Pell to get a Jhakri Robe later today. Please advise if this will be a terrible mistake.

I tend to favor Subduction > BA Spectral Floe > Entomb > Anvil Lightning > Subduction any stragglers, but the last 2 are only sometimes necessary. With this and CP+150% rings I got 4 or 5 JP in Escha-Zi'tah in about an hour last night (didn't check where I was before I started). I'm assuming I can do much better than that with an improved nuke set, especially with the chain bonus campaign going on right now.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-11-11 14:34:03  
Blu/rdm focus On all Magic att spells aside from haste, can phalanx stone skin and Aquaveil from /rdm. Can Agro/kite in a -pdt/dt set even a low amount can help. With dream flower at the ready sleep all mobs. Rebuff and Simply keep your HP up while Nukes land. I suggest Hybrid Ele spells like Spectral Floe, Entomb and Tenebral crush. Subduction works but lower damage with higher speed/recast
 Carbuncle.Aliekber
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Aliekber
By Carbuncle.Aliekber 2016-11-11 15:05:06  
Yeah, I typically do it as BLU/RDM with a -40% PDT set and the usual buffs. I start with Subduction (after grabbing a group) to get some breathing room because it casts so quickly, then I let loose with BA Spectral Floe, and so forth.

I'm mainly looking for advice on the actual nuke set, but thanks. :)
By Pantafernando 2016-11-11 15:50:49  
Im not sure if worth going out of your way but you can try 2x iris or 2x gaboraxea from delve 2 zone, what shouldn't be hard to get.

I would also invest in a pixie hairpin+1 and do entomb > burst tenebroso crush., normally enough to kill at least zitah mobs. Also make sure to get mab spells and carcharian verve for aquaveil.
By fillerbunny9 2016-11-11 16:36:55  
Friomisi Earring is (or was) a cheap, strong MAB earring. if it is expensive now, it can easily be obtained via a WKR Kupon.

Sanctity Necklace is a random drop from one of the 3 Escha Dragons (reisenjima, I think).

Eschan Stone drops from the Elsamoth in Escha Zi'tah, you'll need some help for that one, but it would be a marked improvement.

Ghastly Tathlum drops from the Unity NM Spector Worm. should be easily duoed/trioed at this point.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-11-11 16:38:26  
AH/Easy to get accessories:

ItemSet 347670
By myaihze 2016-11-11 17:01:39  
As far as gear the ambuscade set, starts with J not gonna try and spell it, is really good for cleaving. I use the whole set 5/5 +1, sanctity necklace, 2x nibiru, the unity talathium, 2x int+8 rings, formosi, and the earring from rani I think it is? Belt is a 4macc 4 math belt forgot were it comes from, and ambuscade cape. With that set up I don't really have to BA I just spectral floe once and everything is dead. I'm not sure why but after a few hours cleaving the mobs seem to jump in resists, acc, and att. That or after 3-4 hours I'm just brain dead. Anyway the jakhuri?? Set is really good for cleaving cause generally speaking you don't need to cast the same spells rapidly. Also I'm no math guy, and am limited on my access to gear, but from what I have seen for nuking unless you have reforged abj+1 it's really hard to beat that set for pure dmg
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2016-11-11 17:45:04  
If you don't have access to th better gear from escha and reisen then ambuscade gear is the way to go. Even if you d it's still good.

Not sure what your precast set looks like but that's where reforged and fast cast pieces can come into play but you didn't ask that...

That gear plus cape from ambuscade would easily be your biggest bang for buck. Nib cudgels are best for nuking as far as I know. I dont use them but glowing almace likes to be held. I'm dumb and want BIS for Nuke gear but I'll forgoe weapons like a hypocrite.
By oyama 2016-11-11 22:44:06  
Nibiru clubs are a must if you have the opportunity to fight the NM. Dosis Tathlum is a decent upgrade and can just be bought.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2016-11-12 17:13:28  
myaihze said: »
As far as gear the ambuscade set, starts with J not gonna try and spell it, is really good for cleaving. I use the whole set 5/5 +1, sanctity necklace, 2x nibiru, the unity talathium, 2x int+8 rings, formosi, and the earring from rani I think it is? Belt is a 4macc 4 math belt forgot were it comes from, and ambuscade cape. With that set up I don't really have to BA I just spectral floe once and everything is dead. I'm not sure why but after a few hours cleaving the mobs seem to jump in resists, acc, and att. That or after 3-4 hours I'm just brain dead. Anyway the jakhuri?? Set is really good for cleaving cause generally speaking you don't need to cast the same spells rapidly. Also I'm no math guy, and am limited on my access to gear, but from what I have seen for nuking unless you have reforged abj+1 it's really hard to beat that set for pure dmg
It's called vorseals wearing.
[+]
By myaihze 2016-11-12 18:58:31  
it COULD be called that. except i always zone out then back in to refresh them. So..yeah its not that.