Pet Fastcast

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Pet fastcast
Pet fastcast
By dustinfoley 2016-11-13 04:56:29  
I know when it comes to pet ws gear, gearswap cant swap in gear fast enough. It will perform the swap but due to the built in lag of the game and ws being server side, it just is never fast enough.

Is the same true for pet fast cast gear? Since it is a precast thing and server side, would gear swap even be able to swap it in? I am debating getting 5/5 naga with 3% fast cast, but if gearswap wont even be fast enough id rather not waste my time.

Now i know if i idle in fastcast, and swap to macc mid spell it should work, thats the only thing i can think of. it just means pup would have to be back row.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-13 09:53:41  
No, gearswap cannot detect the start of a pet casting a spell and thus cannot swap in fast cast gear. There is an alternative to idling in it though.

If you are nuking with a BLM puppet or whatever, tie the precast set into your deploy macro. That WILL equip it in time to gain the benefit of a precast. If you aren't nuking though it's too much of a pain in the *** to take advantage of.

What we would need is something that can intercept what command an Automaton generates when it performs it's AI check. If we had that we could probably make gearswap work for Automatons. I don't know anything about how to parse packets in this game though, so I have no idea how to do that.
By dustinfoley 2016-11-13 10:32:32  
I wish i knew more about gearswap. Its kinda what i figured.
 Shiva.Hach
サーバ: Shiva
user: prajna
By Shiva.Hach 2016-11-20 09:45:44  
Are any of you top players in the PUP community using gearswap at all? Even if pet actions cannot be detected, there seems to still be some value is changing sets based on what the master knows is going on.

For example, like Falkirk's PetMode:
Code
-- Set up Pet Modes for Hybrid sets and keybind 'Windows Key'+F8
state.PetMode = M{['description']='Pet Mode', 'Normal', 'PetOnly', 'PetTank'}

If so I would really like to see what you have come up with.
By dustinfoley 2016-11-20 11:49:16  
Yes, the issue is it does nothing to switch sets after its happened.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-11-20 13:11:06  
I use ashitacast which is basically the same thing. you can't detect when a pet will cast a spell or use a weapon skill. you can idle in fast cast set when using the appropriate pets though and it does detect midcast. if i'm using a black or white setup i am likely not engaged anyways so it isn't that big a deal to idle in fast cast.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-21 02:06:17  
I think you can detect spellcasting just fine? It's WS that you can't detect.
I have at least two midcast pet spellcasting sets.

Edit:
Nvm I was talking about Midcast, but for FC you would need precast of course and yeah, I'm afraid that's undetectable atm.
I've always wondered though is it a matter of info lacking in the packets, or GS/Ashita not handling that part because devs never bothered because only PUP would benefit and lolPUP?
By dustinfoley 2016-11-23 21:41:21  
It has to do with the way the pet AI works. It can only make decisions every so often. So if is only 'thinking' every 3 seconds, that tic is when it decides to cast, and if you delay/accelerate the 'think' command it would probably register as something you normally wouldnt have control over.

In theory if you could modify the packet for ws/fast cast to wait for gear swaping, it would be possible to moddify the packets to force the pet to 'think' more often by just sending 'think' commands at a rate that is faster than expected.

Just my best guess based on what i know of gearswap, packets, and pet ai.
By Sockfoot 2016-11-23 23:16:00  
I'd guess the decision making is done server side, but I could be wrong there.