users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Digging » Black Chocobo Suit
Black Chocobo Suit
 Siren.Fndragon
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: fndragon
By Siren.Fndragon 2017-02-14 09:43:11  
Since getting the Black Chocobo Suit from the New Year's event, I've noticed a very strange thing: I'm getting better at Chocodigging while wearing it.

Before January I was an A10 chocodigger, had been an A10 chocodigger for years. I'd always buy around 250 greens, and would use a silk shirt to double my chocobo's endurance to get the full 100 digs plus the 100 digs that would be free due to the shirt.

With the Suit, I am now limited to the 100 natural digs per day. It always did take me around 250 greens to get to digging exhaustion per day, and with the suit, you start around 40% dig accuracy.

Lately, however... I've gotten way more accurate and nothing has changed, at least equipment wise. It seems that I'm around 65% accuracy with my chocodigs. Perhaps the suit allows you to progress past the natural cap of A10 chocodigging and into heretofore unknown levels of chocodigging mastery? That'd be my only conclusion, and why I am making a post here. Can anybody else confirm the increase in chocoskill after A10 while using the Black Chocobo Suit?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Fndragon
By Siren.Fndragon 2017-04-05 10:28:11  
Short response a few weeks later: No, random dig accuracy is random. The suit is REALLY good at weeding out the crap digs, though, so if the event comes back around, I would highly recommend getting it.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1377 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Fndragon
By Siren.Fndragon 2021-01-11 14:37:36  
Serious necrobump here, but two things:

1) With zero chocodigging experience and the suit I was able to dig up a HMP on a mule.

2) With both the cap and the suit equipped, occasionally I'll see "Your chocobo refuses to partake of the [Gysahl Greens]" after /dig. This implies that the cap helps to reduce greens usage.
[+]
By Hirameki 2021-01-11 17:48:16  
I have a friend that is also a chocobo digging craft expert.
Your dedication to this is admirable.
[+]
By Pugofmidgard 2021-01-11 20:48:05  
Mooboo's posts cover that the Suit suppresses the Normal Treasure pool, and if you are digging with a Raised Chocobo with the traits, Bore and Burrow Items are still obtainable along with Treasure type items like HMP WOE Coins Dynamis Currency and Alexandrite.

DSC Stat will cause Greens to not been consumed while digging.

What I haven't gotten around to testing is how rental chocobo compares with the suit to a raised one and a racer or otherwise digging traitless bird. Does the suit open the burrow/bore pool items?

I have tried to sift out those out in my post, but its slow work.