users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Weird glitch
Weird glitch
 Shiva.Jiyou
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2017-03-17 13:19:41  
So i was in Escha killing stuff when all of a sudden i got stuck running in a loop. Checked mouse, wasn't stuck, unplugged keyboard in case a key was stuck, didn't work. Logged off and back on and was still stuck running. The only thing that fixed it was terminating. Any idea what may have caused it?
 Asura.Boogerballs
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-03-17 14:08:43  
are u using a controller?
 Shiva.Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2017-03-17 14:13:11  
Just keyboard
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2017-03-17 14:18:04  
idk man, check the wire comming out of the board, mayb its been pulled or something. i get something similar when i use a wireless controller. like when my batteries die while im moving, my character will run in circles until i re tab into the screen.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Speedyjim
サーバ: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-03-17 14:23:31  
Sometimes this happens to me when I mouse click on screen. I get it stop by spamming the my mouse buttons. I think it has something to do with "mouse hardware" or whatever option it's called in FFXI settings.
[+]
 Shiva.Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2017-03-17 14:38:42  
Going to be honest, i don't think was any problem with my hardware. Nothing i use has batteries, i checked mouse and it was working fine,moving camera as it should be, wasnt affecting my char at all. I unplugged keyboard, my char kept running. Even logged her, still kept running when i got back. Only restarting windower entirely fixed the problem for me.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-03-17 14:41:15  
similar thing happens to me when i use my controller. when the batteries die when im using windower, i run in circles but when im vanilla, nothing happens
 Asura.Mavira
user: AwwwYeee
By Asura.Mavira 2017-03-17 15:18:49  
It would happen to me if I tabbed out in windower occasionally. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time and I had to terminate windower and log back in since my char would just run in circles and the camera would too. Eventually I figured out somehow my mouse was being activated for movement and I did esc key/clicked center screen with my mouse and that seemed to fix it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Horrer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Horrer
By Bahamut.Horrer 2017-03-17 15:22:11  
It's some button combination. On bahamut there's a Japanese player who does that daily while afk.
By hobo 2017-03-17 15:43:37  
Check your keyboard configs in game, last time it happened to me my auto run key was swapped from R to Y
 Shiva.Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2017-03-17 15:52:19  
Asura.Mavira said: »
It would happen to me if I tabbed out in windower occasionally. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time and I had to terminate windower and log back in since my char would just run in circles and the camera would too. Eventually I figured out somehow my mouse was being activated for movement and I did esc key/clicked center screen with my mouse and that seemed to fix it.

Thanks, i'll try that if it happens again.
 Shiva.Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2017-03-17 15:52:48  
hobo said: »
Check your keyboard configs in game, last time it happened to me my auto run key was swapped from R to Y

Mine still on R, so that didn't change.
 Odin.Speedyjim
サーバ: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-03-17 16:30:21  
Shiva.Jiyou said: »
Going to be honest, i don't think was any problem with my hardware. Nothing i use has batteries, i checked mouse and it was working fine,moving camera as it should be, wasnt affecting my char at all. I unplugged keyboard, my char kept running. Even logged her, still kept running when i got back. Only restarting windower entirely fixed the problem for me.
I didn't mean there's a hardware problem with your mouse. As Mavira said, there's an option in FFXI settings (I don't think it's in game) which allows you to use your mouse to move around. It's called something along the lines of "mouse hardware". I'd have to check it out at home to be sure. You need to disable this.
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2017-03-17 17:52:26  
Odin.Speedyjim said: »
Shiva.Jiyou said: »
I didn't mean there's a hardware problem with your mouse. As Mavira said, there's an option in FFXI settings (I don't think it's in game) which allows you to use your mouse to move around. It's called something along the lines of "mouse hardware". I'd have to check it out at home to be sure. You need to disable this.

its like "Screen Edge Panning" or something, if u move your mouse to the edge of the screen, i'll turn. there's also some weird glitch that happens every so often that when u close a window thats overtop of FFXI, it triggers the mouse/auto run, and end up running in Circles.
just left or right click drag the mouse on FFXI window and it should fix it