April Fools From Ackeron.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » April Fools from Ackeron.
April Fools from Ackeron.
By Ackeron 2017-04-01 00:59:03  
Hello AH users, today the Admins and Mods are here to bring you some possible upcoming changes to the site we have been discussing. Now for the most part these are coming but some are still being smacked around to see how best to implement them or if they really have a place on this site. Without further ado, lets get right into it.

Account Related

• We are upping the Level Limit for linking a character from XIV.

This change is coming due to the trial period being made infinite for up to Lv35. Due to this process being abused by certain users we are restricting characters being linked to only Lv36 and above. Those of you who are already linked to your characters don't have to worry though as it will not change already active accounts.

• TOR or the Onion Router users who violate the rules will soon have a no second chances policy.

Some users, I'm pretty sure some of you can guess who, use these devices and programs to avoid detection and stop a ban from hitting them. Due to this we are making it so if you violate the rules even once with any of these you will be banned.

• We are going to begin cracking down on alt accounts.

Some users are using alt accounts to bypass suspensions, due to this we will now be issuing year long bans to all accounts involved when this happens.

• Screenshot submissions are going to be limited to FF Related things only.

This has been a hot topic with people over the last year with people posting pictures of everything from Acorns to Zambonis. We figure since this is a FF fan site the pictures on the front page should be FF related.

Forum Related

• The addition of ad-less areas.

Due to the outcry of giving people a place where they can view all the filth they want at once we are discussing adding a new section to the site for all your 'plot' filled topics. This will be where Google has no reign. Mind you you still can't get too out of hand but you will be able to at least post most of the anime stuff you want without me breathing down your neck.

• We are currently figuring out the best way to Remove P&R.

This section has been a cancer on this site for far too long. It's currently a lawless wasteland where the most toxic users reside and throw mud at each other under the guise of debating. We've had enough and are in talks to figure out how to remove it and limit the fall out or if we should remove the problem users instead and leave the then barren zone alone.

• We are discussing on trying to assign certain users to be in charge of each job forum.

We are thinking of implementing a sub mod position for the job areas of the forums. This person would be in charge of getting rid of incorrect or out of date information. This should make the job sections better organized for users to find good and correct information.

• Deactivated Accounts (Those accounts who did such unspeakable things they angered the Rooks) will have all their posts deleted.

This is more of a clean up thing. Pretty much it will clean up old toxic users accounts. BUT! It will also make you scared if Rooks ever has to come banging on your door.

Other

• We are currently looking into better integrating Guild Work with account profiles.

We are looking at ways to help get your data properly onto the site via Guild Work. This may take a bit, but we are trying.

That about wraps it up. These are just some of the things they may be coming down the pipes. We look forward to seeing these changes being implemented smoothly in the future and hope you all continue to enjoy the site now and into the future.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-04-01 01:39:43  
lol nice one
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-04-01 01:40:28  
second
By Quizzy 2017-04-01 04:50:55  
So.... the whole April Fools thing.

This entire post is fake?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-01 07:38:05  
While we are at it might as well delete the entire website...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-01 07:38:53  
Ackeron said: »
We are currently figuring out the best way to Remove P&R.

This section has been a cancer on this site for far too long. It's currently a lawless wasteland where the most toxic users reside and throw mud at each other under the guise of debating. We've had enough and are in talks to figure out how to remove it and limit the fall out or if we should remove the problem users instead and leave the then barren zone alone.

/tosses a Schumer grenade (not the Amy kind, gawd, I may be evil, but I'm not heartless!) at Ack.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-01 07:39:42  
I find the words toxic users offensive to me and my radio active friends !
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-04-01 08:30:46  
Damn that was pretty subtle.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-01 11:34:22  
That OP makes me wanna polka my eyes out.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-04-01 11:41:37  
Forum Related

The addition of ad-less areas.

Due to the outcry of giving people a place where they can view all the filth they want at once we are discussing adding a new section to the site for all your 'plot' filled topics. This will be where Google has no reign. Mind you you still can't get too out of hand but you will be able to at least post most of the anime stuff you want without me breathing down your neck.

So does this mean that Skjalf will be able to post naked Final Fantasy official / fan artwork in this adless area?

P&R going away sounds good... but maybe this is just more of that government internet censorship stuff. After these changes does this mean that users and their posts about Truth subjects such as the earth being flat and government corruption will be removed from this website / not allowed?
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-04-01 12:14:34  
Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Forum Related

The addition of ad-less areas.

So does this mean that Skjalf will be able to post naked Final Fantasy official / fan artwork in this adless area?

P&R going away sounds good... but maybe this is just more of that government internet censorship stuff. After these changes does this mean that users and their posts about Truth subjects such as the earth being flat and government corruption will be removed from this website / not allowed?

[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-01 12:21:56  

[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-04-01 20:04:54  
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ackeron 2017-04-01 23:45:45  
So as many people guessed and I spelled out with mostly Weird Al music videos, but this post was my April Fools joke.

As for people thinking this is pretty lame or tame, yeah it is. As a mod we don't have access to actual tools to do fancy pants things like change the site layout and I didn't want to do the changing of Topic titles like I did last year. I would also not want to bother Rooks with something as small as April Fools when he is working hard on the site.

Anyhow I hope you all had a wonderful April Fools day, enjoy the rest of the month.
[+]