フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Enfeebling sets - Room for improvment
Enfeebling sets - Room for improvment
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2017-06-08 09:13:48  
Hey folks,

So I finally been able to have some decent enfeebling sets for my favorite, but for some slots I’m wondering if I’ve the BIS piece (BIS from the gear I have in hand)

My Macc set (Distract/Frazzle I-II / Bind / gravity I-II / Silence / Inundation):

http://fr.ffxiah.com/item-sets/351795

Grioavolr, augments = INT+9 ; Mag. Acc.+27 ; Mag.Atk.Bns.+21 ; Enfb.mag. skill +6 ; Magic Damage +2
Chironic Hat, augments = INT+2 ; Mag. Acc.+29 ; Mag.Atk.Bns.+36 ; Spell interruption rate down -1%
Chironic Hose, augments = MND+10 ; Mag. Acc.+32 ; Mag.Atk.Bns.+27; Cure spellcasting time -2% ;

1) Head : Should I replace the head with Befouled Crown or Viti. Chapeau +1 ?
2) Hands : what is best, kaykaus cuffs or Leth. Gantherots +1 ?
3) Body : Currently working on Atrophy Tabard +2 to replace the Vanya Robe. Can the Lethargy Sayon +1 be of any use in this setup to increase bind/gravity/inundation effect ?

Set Enfeeb Skill (Distract/Frazzle III / Dia III)

http://fr.ffxiah.com/item-sets/351796

4) Body : should I replace the Vanya Robe with Lethargy Sayon +1 ?

Set Para/Slow/Addle

http://fr.ffxiah.com/item-sets/351797

5) For Para, I switch the feet for the Vitivation Boots, but wondering if they are really so usefull as he fails miserably vs. medium’s sabots in term of Macc, MND & skill

Finally, if you have any advise of improvment I could work on for these set, please share ;p
 Phoenix.Tiburon
サーバ: Phoenix
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2017-06-08 10:05:41  
1.) Relic Head +1
2.) I used Kaykaus until I got Ou Cuffs
3.) Bind and Gravity, maybe.... Though I personally would focus more on making sure they land.
4.) Since you are already working towards AF+2 stick with Vanya until you get that.
5.) I have SlowII and ParaII maxed. I stick with the Relic feet, and have great success with them, but if its not maxed idk.

Work on that grio some more, along with AF +2/3 pcs.
My enfeebling grio still has tons of room for improvement itself...
{name="Grioavolr", augments={'Enfb.mag. skill +15','MND+17','Mag. Acc.+22',}}
 Valefor.Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2017-06-08 10:09:36  
Thanks for the feedback !

I dont remember if I augmented my Grio with dark matter campaign or was it with normal stones but I assume I could get more enfeeb skill on it with the pelucid or fern ones. Will re-do that then ^^
 Bahamut.Neb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-06-08 10:58:48  
ItemSet 346988

This is what I found to best all around set for Potency and Macc you can make some swaps here and there but I find I land just as often in this as I do when i make swaps say AF+ 3 Body for macc but then I lose a ton of potency so i tend to just stick with this.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-08 13:13:43  
one option to consider is to swap Gwati earring for Regal Earring and swap Carmine+1 head for AF+3 for set bonus. While I still have AF+2, I still use Carmine+1 in my standard enfeebling set with Lethargy+1 body, and in my max macc set use AF+2 body+Regal earring.

edit- in the first swap I mentioned(carmine+1 head/gwati for af+3 head/regal) you do give up skill but gain a ton in MND.
 Valefor.Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2017-06-09 03:19:13  
I was thinking about that Carmine head +1 for a long time, guess I'll spend few gils then !

Unfortunately, not sure my static is ready to kill that Ou yet for the regal earring (and that Gem!), but we never know. Is Ou much more difficult than the 5 others ones ?

Edit: Tiburon, I wouldnt say there is a "ton" of improvment in your Grio augments, room for a 'slight' improvbment would be more correct to me ;)

Btw what could I aim for with normal stones augments for the grio? enfeeb skill +20 MND+15 Macc+30 (wondering about the skill augment cap)
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2017-06-09 10:15:52  
The skill cap on Grio is 16 with Fern and 15 with the other 2. I have 2 Grio for Enfeebling.

Enfeebling +14, MND+3, Macc+30 (Default)
Enfeebling +15 MND+15 (Potency)

For Macc I use Murgleis + Ammurapi Shield. If I had 15/15/30 I'd probably only use the 1. I've never invested in Dark Matter augments on Grio to see how high it's possible to reach.
 Phoenix.Tiburon
サーバ: Phoenix
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2017-06-09 11:05:36  
Valefor.Gorns said: »
Is Ou much more difficult than the 5 others ones ?
Ou is literally all 5 rolled into one. The only 2 main issues my group has is dropping it too fast and pld not being ready for a move (like dropping it from 76%+ to under 60% and tank not ready for fullers), and the last part where if it regens to 20% you have 30 seconds to kill or you re-start the whole fight. We use 2 or 3 SMN with Conduit for this section, though a well geared SAM can do it also.
On RDM pretty much all debuffs that its not completely resistant to (Stun,Silence,Gravity?? never tried grav) will stick with no problems at all except Frazzle. For RDM biggest pain in this fight is having to constantly redo debuffs because of the shield move.
By eliroo 2017-06-09 11:08:29  
What is a good sub for feet?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-09 13:10:45  
Ou in many ways is probably the 2nd or 3rd easiest of the 5 bosses+Ou. As long as you can CONTROL the rate of your damage, you can easily deal with every one of his moves on a schedule rather than being overwhelmed by multiple mechanics at once. A few tips-

1. Do the first 5% of damage with zero buffs on. He does Fu's absorbsion at 95%- then buff up.
2. Stack everyone on the boss @75% rather than leaving your tank out to dry (and die). 7 chars is enough to absorb the damage and everyone live, 6 if everyone is ready to curebomb.
3. Time the hate reset move @45% carefully...if your tank drops him via a strong weaponskill, the hate reset move is pointless and allows your tank to stay the point of focus.
4. With Target @30%, having a THF to use collaborator or your top DD riding the hate line just below the Tank means that either the THF or your top DD can temporarily rip hate from the tank, making Target completely neutered.
5. Dealing with Prophalaxis at 10%- have your secondary DD "drop him" below 10%, and then have your strongest DD do multi-step skillchains without interruption. Or, have a pre-determined 3 or 4 step chain between your two DDs. The last 10% is about coordination and structured damage, not just smashing macros willy-nilly.

You may get a reset every once in a while if that last 10% doesn't go great, but you'll get better at that. I've seen the last 10% done by solo THF, solo WAR, solo SAM, RNG+THF, RNG+WAR, and SAM+BLU. Really, any coordinated effort that is planned out can do it.
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-06-09 13:13:20  
Unfaltering Bravado only hits one party at a time, actually.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-09 13:21:27  
We take a party plus 2-4 depending on ls numbers that night. We've always stacked both groups for Ou's 75% as well as for Kyou. Have always had the damage split among all members, not just the party with the tank. Will double check next kyou (just did Ou last night), but really, two of our groups have been doing this for about a month or more now.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-09 13:26:32  
Odin.Geriond said: »
Unfaltering Bravado only hits one party at a time, actually.

If hate is on a player, it'll spread evenly across alliance. If hate is on an NPC, it works differently.
[+]
 Bahamut.Neb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-06-10 17:27:41  
Medium Sabots from SR would do the Trick
eliroo said: »
What is a good sub for feet?

Medium Sabots from SR would be next Best probably
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [371 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Wynnia
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2018-06-16 06:51:34  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
1. Do the first 5% of damage with zero buffs on. He does Fu's absorbsion at 95%- then buff up.
2. Stack everyone on the boss @75% rather than leaving your tank out to dry (and die). 7 chars is enough to absorb the damage and everyone live, 6 if everyone is ready to curebomb.
3. Time the hate reset move @45% carefully...if your tank drops him via a strong weaponskill, the hate reset move is pointless and allows your tank to stay the point of focus.
4. With Target @30%, having a THF to use collaborator or your top DD riding the hate line just below the Tank means that either the THF or your top DD can temporarily rip hate from the tank, making Target completely neutered.
5. Dealing with Prophalaxis at 10%- have your secondary DD "drop him" below 10%, and then have your strongest DD do multi-step skillchains without interruption. Or, have a pre-determined 3 or 4 step chain between your two DDs. The last 10% is about coordination and structured damage, not just smashing macros willy-nilly.

That seems like too much work. The group I run with lets Ou absorb 5 - 7 buffs, then I have Corsair open with Leaden Salute and I close a Climatic Rudra's. That's approx 300k in damage depending on who's opening for me. Usually takes him from 95% to under 75%. I take an Arise and and throw up Fan Dance and hide in a corner.

For 45%, we just make sure everyone is within 20 Yalms. That way if a healer takes hate after the reset, everyone isn't drawn in. At 30% we just have a Thf Accomplice after I've been spamming Provoke and Animated Flourish. The last 10% is up to each group on how you do as much damage in 20 seconds as possible.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-16 10:31:46  
This post was a year old(and not even about Ou to begin with..), I think it is safe to assume that strategy may have evolved over the past year.

You really should use a skillchain for the last bit anyway, he takes obscene skillchain damage.
[+]
 Fenrir.Wynnia
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2018-06-18 01:01:06  
I was tired after being up for entirely too long. Also, I'm an idiot.
By Boshi 2018-06-19 12:33:35  
He takes a lot more dmg from light aligned sc than dark also
[+]