Monthly PvP Tournament! (Asura)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Monthly PvP Tournament! (Asura)
Monthly PvP Tournament! (Asura)
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Dasoccer
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-11 13:45:37  
I know FFXI is not really built for PvP but i wanted to make something different and hopefully fun for those who want to have something different.

Once a month I will be hosting a PvP (1v1) tournament. Being the first month of this I will be covering all costs for the event including payouts. If all goes well and people show interest in this then I will be happy to expand it to 32 man tournaments or even 2v2's. First place this month gets 9M, 2nd will get 4M and 3rd will get 2M. No entry fee this month for anyone. Its out of my pocket to try to get this some traction.

Once the 16 man list is full for this month, i will random the bracket and start to contact and find good times for each match to occur. I will post the bracket here as well as a link so you can keep track of how your friends or enemies are doing. All matches will be recorded and uploaded to youtube so you can have something to show off and brag about to ls members, friends or just to talk ***. Each match will be best of 5 and anyone can come on any job/subjob for any round they want. Remember that swapping gear during a pvp will result in a penalty so it is best to find the gear setup you want and to stick with it.

This is a open invite to anyone wanting to try this out. Remember, this is a trial month so no entry fee is required. I am also open to advice or input. Please contact me on here or in game on Dasoccer or Dabacon.

Current bracket:
http://challonge.com/9nmksu47
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-11 14:00:08  
Good luck doing this.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2017-07-11 14:03:47  
sounds cool but question why is swapping gear a penalty? i've never PvP'd on ffxi before so i wouldnt know.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-07-11 14:05:11  
zaxtiss said: »
sounds cool but question why is swapping gear a penalty? i've never PvP'd on ffxi before so i wouldnt know.
Its a mechanic of Ballista that has always been around. Probably to prevent people from being unable to target other players who spammed gear swaps to remain "invisible"
[+]
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-07-11 14:05:46  

Its built in to PvP by SE when they built the system. Just is what it is.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2017-07-11 14:06:08  
ahh ok thanks.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-11 14:31:50  
Asura.Dasoccer said: »
Each match will be best of 5 and anyone can come on any job/subjob for any round they want. Remember that swapping gear during a pvp will result in a penalty so it is best to find the gear setup you want and to stick with it.
I know this question is going to come up, but are job swaps between fights allowed, or is only one job for the entire tourny?
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-07-11 14:32:55  
I just joined. Personally I think jobs should be constant for each round if nothing else.
[+]
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-11 14:33:04  
You set a job and come on that for the round. You can change between rounds but not in the middle of a match.
Feel free to /anon each time as well
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-07-11 14:48:29  
ill sign up.
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-11 15:05:12  
Once the 16 man roster is full I will post the random bracket here for everyone.

All are welcome! Try something new out and enjoy!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 15:13:45  
Asura.Fiasko said: »

Its built in to PvP by SE when they built the system. Just is what it is.

To elaborate, this was not designed specifically for PvP, but because of the gear-swapping blinking. It's a game mechanic that opened the door for exploits and glitches in PvP.

In ballista, swapping gear pre-lockstyle made your character blink (as it still does if you don't use lockstyle). Because of the way target lockon was designed, an enemy who was attacking you would automatically stay engaged to you, but the enemy's name above the party list would vanish and lockon would become disengaged. Meaning, you could not use any macros or ws on the person unless you physically used them directly from the ability list. Since your macros are usually <t>, you could not do anything to your opponent besides stand directly in front and swing at them, and spam JAs from the menu list. Not a huge issue initially, but it also had a bigger problem. Players could use this exploit over and over again (swapping gear in quick succession) to continue blinking themselves gaining a short invisibility, and nobody could ever attack them if they were not initially engaged. The penalty was bind for 15 seconds and inability to act or swing, which is laughable because in ballista (and the game itself) you can move while bound. Just set a macro that constantly swaps gear, and keep blinking and move in a direction. The game registers the gear swap as a priority, and temporarily ignores the fact that you are bound. So a player who wanted to piss you off could just exploit this bug and piss you off. He could still be killed if you targeted him quickly, but it was an annoying bug they never addressed.

Now they could very easily remove this penalty nowadays though, by just forcing every character to be lockstyle prior to a match starting, which would prevent blinking. Because SE never bothered with Ballista after lockstyle went into place, they just kept the archaic penalty, which is a very simple fix in my opinion.

Furthermore, gear swapping should be totally legal in Ballista if they ever decided to fix it. There's no real reason it shouldn't be.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 15:16:59  
I know FFXI is not really built for PvP but i wanted to make something different and hopefully fun for those who want to have something different.

Once a month I will be hosting a PvP (1v1) tournament. Being the first month of this I will be covering all costs for the event including payouts. If all goes well and people show interest in this then I will be happy to expand it to 32 man tournaments or even 2v2's. First place this month gets 9M, 2nd will get 4M and 3rd will get 2M. No entry fee this month for anyone. Its out of my pocket to try to get this some traction.

Once the 16 man list is full for this month, i will random the bracket and start to contact and find good times for each match to occur. I will post the bracket here as well as a link so you can keep track of how your friends or enemies are doing. All matches will be recorded and uploaded to youtube so you can have something to show off and brag about to ls members, friends or just to talk ***. Each match will be best of 5 and anyone can come on any job/subjob for any round they want. Remember that swapping gear during a pvp will result in a penalty so it is best to find the gear setup you want and to stick with it.

This is a open invite to anyone wanting to try this out. Remember, this is a trial month so no entry fee is required. I am also open to advice or input. Please contact me on here or in game on Dasoccer or Dabacon.

I want to come to this but this tournament isn't fair from the jump. Jobs like BLU, COR, SCH, RDM, and PLD are insanely overpowered in ballista if they are allowed to buff themselves before the fight. Corsair can fully 1shot any unbuffed or buffed DD with one Elemental shot. RDM can fully buff itself prior to the fight and cripple you with dot before you get an attack off. BLU can sudden lunge > subduction any DD in range. The job selection not on equal playing field IMO.

With that said, sign me up.
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-11 15:22:25  
Brenner style. Not Ballista by the way.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 15:24:28  

Explain the difference here?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-11 15:27:59  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Explain the difference here?
There isn't any?

Or you don't have to wait for a match to happen in specific zones?
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-11 15:28:27  
No difference in the "lockout" on gearswapping.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Abdhaljs_Isle-Purgonorgo

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Diorama_Abdhaljs-Ghelsba

Now that i look into it, doesnt really matter as much as i thought it would. Either one is fine for what we are doing/
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 15:34:48  
Both Abdahljis zones work fine. The only difference is in Ballista you can restrict outside item use in the rules. You didn't state whether or not that would be possible in your post above, and I can't recall if Brenner has an option to remove outside item use.

The other difference is Brenner has those shitty mother globe postens that will track you down and attack you, or the flag. So Diorama is much more standard.

Just would like to add that if you're doing this tournament, see if you can take it a step forward and do a full scale match. Would be fun shiggles.
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-11 15:54:21  
A full scale match would be difficult for 16 random people. If this goes well and we continue to do these tournaments each month then i am open to full scale matches, 2v2, or ls vs ls stuff.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-11 15:54:58  
Maybe consider streaming this on Twitch or something so people can watch the event(s).
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-11 16:07:18  
Once a month? I'd transfer for once a day, or at least once a week.

Had my hopes up.

Filthy casuals.
[+]
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-11 16:14:39  
16 random ppl to all get on at the sometime and be organised is not a easy thing. Once a month. One week to prep and get bracket made, 3 weeks to work through that bracket depending on peoples availability.

I will be streaming the battles on twitch as well as recording them to upload.
By zaxtiss 2017-07-11 16:15:19  
sounds like it could end up happening more then once a month once the setup has been figured out more.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 16:18:08  
Transfer anyways so you can join in on the slums of Midgar Asura.

Really only looking forward to the shout wars that will be sure to ensue after the fights.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-11 16:20:23  
How many people online during primetimes in Asura?
If you guys have 1,500+ I think you can pull off daily matches.
What about a prize? gil works. Incentivize people.
If I was on Asura I'd offer 10 mil to the winner.
I'd do that every damn day.
Of course, I'd likely win the prize myself since it seems all the hardcore ballista players quit.
You guys asking about changing gear penalty lol..
I bet people show up as BST or SMN and wonder why they suck lol.
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-11 16:21:21  
I agree Zaxtiss. I look forward to it.

I also agree Buukki. Some will talk ***but never join the tournament due to (whatever excuse they have).
By Blazed1979 2017-07-11 16:23:01  
also agree Buukki. Some will talk ***but never join the tournament due to (whatever excuse they have)
What's the downtime on server transfer (how long until I could move back to my origin)
If I move to Asura to particpate what happens to my server ranking? I'm currently trying to knock Ajuri and Ejiin off spots #4 and 5.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-11 16:23:28  
I'm coming BST/thf, sic my pet on you, and running away. Catch me if you can! You'll run out of MP before you kill my pet + find me!
[+]
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-11 16:24:45  
The winnings will be based off of the entry fee in the future and amount of people in the tournament. This one is on me.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-11 16:26:21  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm coming BST/thf, sic my pet on you, and running away. Catch me if you can! You'll run out of MP before you kill my pet + find me!
Tasty pet just gave me a means to get 3000 tp fast so that when I do find you I one shot you.

Also, RDM is a thing - so is BLM. Bind/sleepga/gravity/petrify/paralyze. Oh you've missed some cruel cruel times in this game.

Let me give you all some advice, get poison pots or an item which has drain/tick latent on it to keep yourself from being drug raped by mages.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4