Mayweather Vs McGregor

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Mayweather vs McGregor
Mayweather vs McGregor
By Kodaijin 2017-08-27 14:07:59  
It wasn't a fake fight, but it was done for the spectacle and the money. Mayweather wanted 50–0 but what he really wanted was money to pay his IRS back taxes. And McGregor wanted a $100 million payday. So Floyd stays out of IRS trouble for now, MacGregor secures his sons future, and the world got to pretend for a few weeks that it still cared about boxing.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-08-27 16:54:41  
first off, mayweather is one of the best of all time. i hate seeing people parrot the thing of, "he ran from any real challenge". it shows how little you know about boxing if you think it was mayweather and not the promoters that pushed back the pacman fight. unless you can tell me who he didn't fight that he should of, then you're ignorant of facts and should leave the discussion alone.

castillo, maidana, de le hoya, cotto, judah, and alvarez were obviously just no name nobodies who couldn't fight right? i'm more of a roy jones jr fan myeslf. i never really like mayweather, but the rewriting of history does this man so dirty. one official knockdown ever and that's when he broke his own hand on the other guys face, took a knee to regain composure, and STILL FINISHED THE FIGHT WITH A WIN. he wanted to give an entertaining fight that the fans wanted. give him his props and move on.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-27 17:06:43  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
first off, mayweather is one of the best of all time. i hate seeing people parrot the thing of, "he ran from any real challenge". it shows how little you know about boxing if you think it was mayweather and not the promoters that pushed back the pacman fight. unless you can tell me who he didn't fight that he should of, then you're ignorant of facts and should leave the discussion alone.

castillo, maidana, de le hoya, cotto, judah, and alvarez were obviously just no name nobodies who couldn't fight right? i'm more of a roy jones jr fan myeslf. i never really like mayweather, but the rewriting of history does this man so dirty. one official knockdown ever and that's when he broke his own hand on the other guys face, took a knee to regain composure, and STILL FINISHED THE FIGHT WITH A WIN. he wanted to give an entertaining fight that the fans wanted. give him his props and move on.

This is, just in a word "wrong".

One can admit, the fight was obvious. Everyone with a brainstem knows it was 100% for money. I mean the *** nickname is "money".

The problem is boxing itself, mayweather wins(won) because the structure boxing has taken on. The bigger pussy that runs for 6 rounds and throws the weakest most numerous love taps wins.

Not to say they aren't athletic, or skilled or etc it takes a lot of energy to bounce around and make it look like you're fighting.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-08-27 17:41:10  
yeah, the fight was for money, and it's the fight people wanted to see. however, you have no clue what you are talking about, and i'm not going to read your replies going forward.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-27 17:52:47  
yeah, the fight was for money, and it's the fight people wanted to see. however, you have no clue what you are talking about, and i'm not going to read your replies going forward.

No one wanted to see the fight they got.

The people that wanted to see "a fight" forgot that boxing is the furthest thing from fighting humanly possible. It's a ballet.

If you get paid 100 million dollars, you better put some effort into it.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-27 17:59:45  
Kodaijin said: »
It wasn't a fake fight, but it was done for the spectacle and the money. Mayweather wanted 50–0 but what he really wanted was money to pay his IRS back taxes. And McGregor wanted a $100 million payday. So Floyd stays out of IRS trouble for now, MacGregor secures his sons future, and the world got to pretend for a few weeks that it still cared about boxing.

Agree with this.

...you have no clue what you are talking about, and i'm not going to read your replies going forward.

It doesn't take a boxing connoisseur to see this for what it was. Or to see what kind of man Mayweather is to hang his gloves up with this as the final notch on his post.
I can respect people who see Mayweather as a businessman. But to say he is one of the greatest of all time is... An exaggeration. He won't be remembered for anything as soon as someone surpasses him. And I hope that that someone appears soon and stands for something greater than just a record and a purse.
By Viciouss 2017-08-27 19:13:42  

Lol, pre-prime Canelo, way over the hill De La Hoya and Cotto, nobody Maidana, BERTO, ducked Manny for 5 years, making up excuse after excuse. His last 8 fights were trash. He purposely avoided prime Amir Khan, prime GGG, prime Manny, and prime Canelo. He might be the best defensive fighter of all time, definitely one of the softest punchers, definitely one of the most boring, and he doesn't stack up against the best boxers of all time. He couldnt even knock down a rookie last night. It took him 10 rounds, Canelo would have flattened McGregor in the 1st round. Nobody needs to ever see this guy in the ring again. Boxing is a better sport without him.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-27 21:25:36  
Don't hold your breath waiting on someone to surpass him. 50-0 is no accident.
By Viciouss 2017-08-27 21:31:33  
When you handpick guys that can't beat you, that record doesn't mean anything. Plenty of active fighters that are at Floyd's weight that could have beaten him into the ground years ago if he wasn't afraid of them. Nobody needs to surpass his "record" to be better than him. Canelo and GGG are both superior punchers, they fight next month, will be better than all of Floyd's fights.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-08-27 21:42:30  
at least it was better than Johnny Knoxville vs Butterbean
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-08-27 21:59:06  
You lost me with Amir Khan(He is meh with a glass jaw)
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-27 22:36:31  
Kodaijin said: »
Facts
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-27 22:38:32  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

No one wanted to see the fight they got.

The people that wanted to see "a fight" forgot that boxing is the furthest thing from fighting humanly possible. It's a ballet.

If you get paid 100 million dollars, you better put some effort into it.
Boxing is different then street fighting.. y u no understand tha boxing!?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-28 06:57:31  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
*snip*

This is a strange question. How does someone without any professional boxing experience force Mayweather into the ring? Of course Mayweather chose.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2017-08-28 07:24:20  
Not for nothing, but Mayweather already had the record. He's now 51-0 if you count the time he beat his wife.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-28 07:33:58  
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
*snip*

This is a strange question. How does someone without any professional boxing experience force Mayweather into the ring? Of course Mayweather chose.
Incorrect Connor when he was younger trained hard in boxing and was planning to become pro boxing at first but fell in love with UFC type of fighting. And if mayweather ignores Connors challenge then what? "Oh he's a pussy Connor called him out but he won't fight Connor." Remeber how the general public think.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-08-28 07:41:20  
*snip*

Incorrect Connor when he was younger trained hard in boxing and was planning to become pro boxing at first but fell in love with UFC type of fighting. And if mayweather ignores Connors challenge then what? "Oh he's a pussy Connor called him out but he won't fight Connor." Remeber how the general public think.
Nothing wrong with it at all.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-28 07:42:43  
Aw, the quote got snipped! I was hoping we could turn this towards something funny.

I did some research, trying to find out exactly who said what and when, and this is what I've got so far:

It all started, a year further back than I remembered, in August of 2015:
Quote:
If they fought as traditional boxers, Mayweather would outclass McGregor with his sublime technique. “Yeah,” McGregor says, “but in a real fight I would dismantle him in seconds. Ronda would dismantle him in seconds – 100%. When you don’t know how to grapple you don’t stand a chance. For us, it’s like playing with a baby. People who don’t understand the sport cannot understand how vulnerable they are. There are always clinches and Ronda is a judo Olympian. She would throw Floyd on his head in a second. Me? I would knock him out. Cold.”

Anyway, this is the best funny I could devise... In November 2016, McGregor didn't say this:
Quote:
"[But] as far as real fighting -- true, pure unarmed combat -- Floyd don't want none of this. Give Floyd a shout; tell him I'm coming. Tell him to run around Showtime offices. I want $100 million to fight him under boxing rules because he's afraid of a real fight. Tell him I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

Have a good Monday everyone. Doesn't look like we're getting a very good update next month.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-28 07:58:02  
Aw, the quote got snipped! I was hoping we could turn this towards something funny.

I did some research, trying to find out exactly who said what and when, and this is what I've got so far:

It all started, a year further back than I remembered, in August of 2015:
Quote:
If they fought as traditional boxers, Mayweather would outclass McGregor with his sublime technique. “Yeah,” McGregor says, “but in a real fight I would dismantle him in seconds. Ronda would dismantle him in seconds – 100%. When you don’t know how to grapple you don’t stand a chance. For us, it’s like playing with a baby. People who don’t understand the sport cannot understand how vulnerable they are. There are always clinches and Ronda is a judo Olympian. She would throw Floyd on his head in a second. Me? I would knock him out. Cold.”

Anyway, this is the best funny I could devise... In November 2016, McGregor didn't say this:
Quote:
"[But] as far as real fighting -- true, pure unarmed combat -- Floyd don't want none of this. Give Floyd a shout; tell him I'm coming. Tell him to run around Showtime offices. I want $100 million to fight him under boxing rules because he's afraid of a real fight. Tell him I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

Have a good Monday everyone. Doesn't look like we're getting a very good update next month.
But this is common sense..... lol mayweather would be destroyed by anyone in MMA. Like the same of mma fighter going into a ring with a pro boxer because there are "rules." But then again the people crying about this fight don't understand boxing it seems. At the end of the day it was close very close: I'm sure Connor is happy with that.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-28 08:00:48  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
*snip*

Nothing wrong with it at all.
So now the training he went through when Connor was younger to become a pro boxer isn't experience? Lol you should tell Connor that to his face but let me get my popcorn first.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-28 08:19:31  
So now the training he went through when Connor was younger to become a pro boxer isn't experience? Lol you should tell Connor that to his face but let me get my popcorn first.

***i'd tell him that no problem, I'll call him a *** to his face. It's not like he can do anything about it.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-28 08:29:43  

***i'd tell him that no problem, I'll call him a *** to his face. It's not like he can do anything about it.
How cute keyboard warrior :)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-28 08:32:28  
Keyboard warrior ain't got ***to do with it, it's law.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-28 08:33:28  
Keyboard warrior ain't got ***to do with it, it's law.
Only illegal if you get caught
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-28 08:38:00  
Mayweather hasn't answered every challenger; that has never been his platform, nor should anyone expect it to be.
But answering McGregor's $iren $ong has done and will do nothing to quiet the criticism that the general public has for Mayweather. McGregor's was by far the least of any challenge Mayweather should have ever considered, if we're talking about securing a legacy of being a real champion. Everyone knew what the outcome would be even in 2015--including McGregor.

The bout couldn't have been more hollow.
Mayweather 49-0 retired on a fight with someone _-_. No wins. No loses. No previous record at all for this sport.
They wagged the dog. They hyped their audience into believing there was real contention, but really they just publicized someone that wasn't a boxer in this sense at all until he could ride into the ring on a carpet of tough talk/smoke and mirrors/glitz and glam. Barely better than if they just pulled some random from the street, made some Youtube videos about how great he was, and put him in the ring instead.
It wasn't the battle to set a record. It wasn't the battle of a century. It wasn't the greatest battle of all time. It was a battle that will define how Mayweather is remembered, however.

Equate it to a made-for-TV sequel of a sequel based on a decent original movie that had no business being made into a franchise. Because it was nothing more than a cash grab. To call it anything else is disingenuous to any true boxer that has stepped into the ring with anything truly on the line.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-28 08:45:47  
Mayweather hasn't answered every challenger; that has never been his platform, nor should anyone expect it to be.
But answering McGregor's $iren $ong has done and will do nothing to quiet the criticism that the general public has for Mayweather. McGregor's was by far the least of any challenge Mayweather should have ever considered, if we're talking about securing a legacy of being a real champion. Everyone knew what the outcome would be even in 2015--including McGregor.

The bout couldn't have been more hollow.
Mayweather 49-0 retired on a fight with someone _-_. No wins. No loses. No previous record at all for this sport.
They wagged the dog. They hyped their audience into believing there was real contention, but really they just publicized someone that wasn't a boxer in this sense at all until he could ride into the ring on a carpet of tough talk/smoke and mirrors/glitz and glam. Barely better than if they just pulled some random from the street, made some Youtube videos about how great he was, and put him in the ring instead.
It wasn't the battle to set a record. It wasn't the battle of a century. It wasn't the greatest battle of all time. It was a battle that will define how Mayweather is remembered, however.

Equate it to a made-for-TV sequel of a sequel based on a decent original movie that had no business being made into a franchise. Because it was nothing more than a cash grab. To call it anything else is disingenuous to any true boxer that has stepped into the ring with anything truly on the line.
Duh again? Are there people who don't believe this? Then again people like money and if I remeber right mayweather owed the government big time. This wasn't the fight of the century it was a show and people are still QQing cause Connor lost. Morons everywhere.
By afheal 2017-08-28 14:23:54  
Common sense finally!!!! This was a cash grab, humbling experience and false expectations all rolled into one. Anyone saying Mayweather isn't brilliant in and out the ring is either a troll or something else I don't feel like typing due to it being denied. I feel like this is just opening doors to future "spectacles" with cross disciplines. McGregor already announced his issues with how MMA was being ran and Floyd has done the same with boxing.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-08-28 15:04:15  
But they gotta one up it and have cross gender matches next!
Honda Housey vs Gennady Golovkin
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-28 15:23:45  
Even better, Team battles like they have had years ago, Or Royal Rumble style where 10 fighters enter and only 1 can win.
How about point system over KO or submission(would make them work harder to win imo) or give time trials where rewards are based around endurance and speed style fights.