users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - September 2017
Ambuscade Volume 1 - September 2017
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-11 16:44:01  
Please post your findings for Intense Ambuscade here. I will edit this post with cliff notes to make the basic fight strat easier to find.

Boss(es):
Qiqirn: Bozzetto Pilferer x1 x5 (on VD) - Uses Blood Weapon, Hundred Fists, Perfect Dodge (multiple times)
Adds:
Bozzetto Scoundrel, Bozzetto Mine
VE=0, E=1, N=3, VD=5(!!)

Immunities/Resistances:
Adds are immune to NT Horde Lullaby and Stun, Sleepga works. Dream Flower works.
Immune to Break
Immune to all debuffing Geomancy, and buffing Geomancy will reset the boss's HP.

Builds resistance to sleep and bind quickly (6 casts on normal), gravity II can land w/ Stymie. Especially resistant to Slow.

Gimmick:
NM levels up according to Essence Steal use. Triggered by Songs, Rolls, Geomancy Bubbles, and Avatar's favor. NM regains all HP and resets hate. This is a fight deliberately designed to force you to not use "superbuffing" jobs and just grind through.

JP Quote Testimonial:
Quote:
From this month one chapter seems to be advantageous. Faces [Trusts] are Ark EV, Celtus, Lilyz II, Yolan Oran, Colmol. Easy, one boss and one accompaniment. The feature of Kikirun [Qiqirn] here is that if there is support such as sphere effect and roll, it will be stolen and upgraded LV, so I think whether face will be better without entering support system

Translation: Player used above mentioned trusts, on Easy, 1 add. Trusts that have support effects (songs rolls sphere) will trigger the steal ability and the NM will level up. Better off using trusts that don't use any of the trigger buffs.

Findings:
Pet jobs are a workable strategy, though slower than standard DD. Don't use rolls, favors, trusts that uses songs, geomancy support bubbles, etc. BLUs + RDMs help cap haste and provide sufficient DoT for an average group. Dia/Distract helps to close the gap lost buffs. SMN can provide auxiliary buffs that won't trigger Essence Steal. Any DD that can lower stats are helpful. Shooting range strat works also rng/cor.

Camps for KI:
Einherjar HP has Qiqirns.
Alzadaal Undersea Ruins (15min respawn timer)
Arrapago Island HP 1 - Daytime 4:00-20:00 6 spawns, 3min repop
Aydeewa Subterrane, scattered through zone (check znm/vw warps)
Assaults:
1. Lebros Caverns, Private 2nd Class Assault "Excavation Duty"
2. Lebros Caverns, Chief Sergeant Assault "Egg Conservation"
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-09-11 16:50:06  
Can you use ranged DPS like RNG or COR and the regular supports as long as the tank doesn't have the brd/cor/geo buffs on them? Guess this would also apply to mage setups.
By jopa 2017-09-11 16:52:33  
In a pet setup, is Avatar's Favor alright since the avatar doesn't technically receive the sphere effect and you need Favor active to minimize BP delay?
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-09-11 16:54:09  
We used avatar's favor today when we cleared E and it didnt reset the HP, saw the lvl up animation but that's it, the HP was the same, will test more tomorrow with pet setup and just plain old tp burn lol
By anik 2017-09-11 16:55:20  
Liquefication -> Fusion -> Light caused us to start hitting it like we did at the start, perhaps its level was reset after the 3 step SC, or it could have been just light?
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-11 16:58:44  
Bukki if you get any feedback please add cool spots to farm KI to your initial post! ;)
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-11 17:07:51  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Bukki if you get any feedback please add cool spots to farm KI to your initial post! ;)

If you want something real quick to get a KI for your Daily quest, there are Qiqirn roaming around in Nyzul Isle.

As for finding 10 of them, I THINK there is an Assault that has a bunch of them. I'm trying to recall which one it is.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-11 17:09:11  
I'll add the farm ki when u can confirm exactly the travel method to qiqirns. I know alzadaal, mamook, Arapaggo reef, and caedarva have then scattered around but not sure which warp it is.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-11 17:09:49  
I don't think intense requires 10. Likely 3-5. I haven't checked but they reduced it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-11 17:09:56  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
If you want something real quick to get a KI for your Daily quest, there are Qiqirn roaming around in Nyzul Isle.

As for finding 10 of them, I THINK there is an Assault that has a bunch of them. I'm trying to recall which one it is.
Nyzul is the place where I got my daily as well, but I think the repop there is huge, like 15 mins?
Also you need "only" 5, not 10 :)

Can't think of another place you can get fast to with plenty of Qiqrins at...
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-11 17:16:21  
Aydeewa Subterrane always has a few in about every entrance sometimes they are slightly further back (think ZNM and VW entrances) so if over camped at one, go to another.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2017-09-11 17:20:52  
Arrapago Island, Homepoint #1

There are 6 Qiqirn outside the cave. Seems about 3 minute respawn, however they only spawn during the day, 0400-2000
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-11 17:21:57  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »

Nyzul is the place where I got my daily as well, but I think the repop there is huge, like 15 mins?
Also you need "only" 5, not 10 :)

Can't think of another place you can get fast to with plenty of Qiqrins at...

Found 2 Assaults that have more than 5 Qiqirn in them.

1. Lebros Caverns, Private 2nd Class Assault "Excavation Duty"
2. Lebros Caverns, Chief Sergeant Assault "Egg Conservation"

"Excavation Duty" is probably the easier of the two, and has a total of 9 Qiqirn in the area.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-11 17:41:56  
For the buff thing it has to be the thing it's fighting has it and I think it wont use it thru shadows since it never tried on my Gessho but as soon as lost hate bam stole buff from the whm trust and pwned. That said hate can be wonky and it can change targets so wouldn't risk it on anyone who can't immediately start kiting if it comes there way
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-11 17:49:04  
I just did an attempt at Vol. 1 on Easy on my PUP. Didn't win, sadly but noticed something interesting.

1. I sent my Automaton onto main NM while myself & trusts began meleeing the add. For whatever reason, my puppet was getting hit extremely hard. 200+ per hit. Not sure what caused that, but after about 10 seconds of it, damage onto my puppet went back to normal.

2. During the fight, the main Qiqirn dropped Mines. I tried once to "kill" it but it blew up before I was able to. However, the next time a mine was dropped, I disengaged, ran out of range, and re-engaged the add. So the mine can be avoided.

3. Something called "Cleansing Bubbles" one-shotted August for over 2.5k damage. I'm unsure what caused the damage from that move to be so high but it was a run ender. It was used by the Pilferer, not the add, so it's safe to assume my puppet lost hate somehow and used it on August. My theory is that damage from "Cleansing Bubbles" is determined by the number of active buffs you have on. It could explain why my Automaton was taking less than 50 damage from it but then August gets one-shotted from it.

***ninja edit***

I forgot to mention this in my initial report. During the run, the add mob used Perfect Dodge several times during the fight. And on one of those times it used Perfect Dodge, it had a MASSIVE Regen effect on. I'm unsure why it did, but there were other times it used PD and it had no Regen. My Automaton did have a constant Regen effect up, but I doubt that had anything to do with it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-11 17:52:34  
This ones pretty blindfold easy with pets up to normal. d and vd huge wastes of time again this month.

Standard stuff, thf mobs that use mug and aura steal.

Bomb drop resets hate.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-09-11 18:11:50  
Einherjar home point's good for kills.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-09-11 18:15:51  
We cleared D with NIN THF SMN RUN WHM COR (rolls just for SMN and Dia2 + Light Shot x2)
RUN kite mobs while NIN voke one and we kill it with Rudra > Shun (Fusion) > Volt Strike (Light). Skillchains are once again very effective but can be difficult to make because of Terror and TP Theft.
Fight took us 12 min without significant difficulty, with better Skillchains it could go a lot faster.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-11 18:18:44  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
We cleared D with NIN THF SMN RUN WHM COR (rolls just for SMN and Dia2 + Light Shot x2)
RUN kite mobs while NIN voke one and we kill it with Rudra > Shun (Fusion) > Volt Strike (Light). Skillchains are once again very effective but can be difficult to make because of Terror and TP Theft.
Fight took us 12 min without significant difficulty, with better Skillchains it could go a lot faster.
Sch work for that issue?

I get the damage from DD > Sch solo SC, but just wana know if there is issue with it.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-09-11 18:24:45  
Fought exactly like the BLU in the video and won pretty easy on E. I didn't see it mentioned yet but it can use multiple 1h during the same fight, it used blood weapon, hundreds fist and perfect dodge relatively back-to-back. AAEV tanks like a boss and it takes very high damage even without external buffs. Only issue were MP at the end as the Steal MP thingy is annoying so I'd bring an Hi-Elixir just in case if you plan to solo
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-09-11 18:33:26  
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Sch work for that issue?

I get the damage from DD > Sch solo SC, but just wana know if there is issue with it.
Not sure if stratagem recast would follow and I assume it would only serve to open the SC for melees.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 18:47:53  
Do you gotta kill the adds first or just the NM?
By anik 2017-09-11 18:52:13  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Do you gotta kill the adds first or just the NM?
Pretty much yeah
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 19:28:02  
So you MUST kill the adds for victory? Or is it only a win if all things are dead?
By zerkles 2017-09-11 19:45:35  
You have to kill adds to win.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-11 20:23:24  
Updated with camps, misc added info
By Staleyx 2017-09-11 21:04:31  
Frailty,Torpor and malaise are all safe to use.
 Siren.Flannelman
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flannelman 2017-09-11 21:25:16  
safe to use, but people reported them being immune to geo debuffs
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 21:34:35  
Beat VD Intense, was epic but doable.

RUN x 2 (original idea was to kite but, didn't work out so second RUN could of been a DD or support)

BLU x 2

RDM/BLM (zero issue landing sleeps the entire time along with all typical debuffs, they resistant to slow II though)

WHM/SCH (healer)

Killing five adds took 15 min cause silliness of them running around if the bomb isn't killed quick enough. Killing main NM took under 10m. NM seems to take a lot of damage from light SC's under 50% HP, our BLU's were doing 20K CDC's to 50K+ lights.
By Staleyx 2017-09-11 21:37:19  
Quote:
safe to use, but people reported them being immune to geo debuffs

Derp Skipped over that. Yep geo-poison does nothing, Wow SE...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6