Fishing And What I'm Getting Myself Into

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing and what I'm getting myself into
Fishing and what I'm getting myself into
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-09-30 05:26:01  
I am wondering if I can get some input from real fishers (i.e. not botters) about how successful they've been with fishing up trumpet shells. I am currently lvling my fishing skill, and being able to fish up my own trumpet shells was one of the reasons I've been working at it. What would you say is an average catch per day? Any tips you have?
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-30 06:25:08  
They bite fairly often! About how hard they are to catch, it depends of if you play on PC or console. If you want to fish them yourself to synth Trumpet/Nereid rings then you won't be disappointed by your decision. ^^
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-30 06:36:18  
if i remmeber right they put up a good fight, it might be easyier to catch something esier like moat carp or shall shells to sell to then buy the trumps. you could also work on l shang while workign on fishign to keep or sell to pay for your crfting. Theres soem good guides on wiki and u can get the paste from npc in kaz
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-09-30 06:43:39  
Blindphleb said:
I am wondering if I can get some input from real fishers (i.e. not botters) about how successful they've been with fishing up trumpet shells. I am currently lvling my fishing skill, and being able to fish up my own trumpet shells was one of the reasons I've been working at it. What would you say is an average catch per day? Any tips you have?

It's hard. Very hard. They bounce around a lot and even when you start getting used to them, you'll quite often lose some because of it. The bite rate is excellent however, more or less every other cast will be a trumpet shell.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-10-01 10:29:54  
Liquidz said:
They bite fairly often! About how hard they are to catch, it depends of if you play on PC or console. If you want to fish them yourself to synth Trumpet/Nereid rings then you won't be disappointed by your decision. ^^

That's good to hear. About how many trumpets per day is an obtainable goal?
 Fairy.Raikan
サーバ: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-10-01 11:04:32  
Does anybody know if you can catch these consistently without a Lu Shangs/Ebisu rod?

Edit: Kida's fishing database only listed those two rods, but Wiki to the rescue~
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-01 11:05:19  
Raikan said:
Does anybody know if you can catch these consistently without a Lu Shangs/Ebisu rod?

It's difficult with Lu Shangs, so I wouldn't fancy chances without... Although I haven't personally tried it.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-10-01 11:11:40  
Oh, I had another question. About how long did it take some of you to get fishing past 60?
 Fairy.Raikan
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-10-01 11:16:39  
Going to do a bit more research, but I think I'll give it a go with a Clothespole rod and see what happens.
I've got 2 of the 3 rings, Albatross and Pelican rings. I'm hoping the Albatross will make it manageable.

Honestly I'm just looking for a way to continue skilling up fishing past 55 without a Lu Shangs, as I'm looking at one more month before I can get my hands on one.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-10-01 11:17:27  
Blind, level my fishing too since youll just be standing around.

KTHXBAI
 Fairy.Raikan
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-10-01 11:21:48  
Blindphleb said:
Oh, I had another question. About how long did it take some of you to get fishing past 60?

I'm not quite at 60 yet, but if you have a friend with a high fishing skill, ask them for a Contest Fish.
Fish that place in the top 20 give the individual who turned it in a Pelican Ring, which are great for raising your skill a little faster.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-01 11:46:58  
To answer the OP I'm lvl 100 fishing with ebisus and the less items body. The best bite rate I've ever had was 25% worst 10%. And by biterate I mean these biting not something biting. Actually no catches are actually kinda rare so you gotta pay more attention more often to whats on the line. I've gotten 200 in a day often enough even more with ebisus. But it takes quite a few hours.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Shuuin
サーバ: Asura
user: Shuuin
By Asura.Shuuin 2009-11-03 12:18:20  
What bait are you all using? I've been going with a Lu Shang's and Robber Rig and have only gotten like 7 Trumpet Shells in an hour. Skill level is 49~ :x Just curious if I should swap to Crayfish Paste or something.

Edit: Sorry for the neco-bump! Figured it'd be better than making a new topic about the same thing on the exact same page.
 Valefor.Ellise
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-03 15:36:51  
Hey Shuuin,

I just got level 60 fishing last week... yes we all know that it takes forever and a year.

I was thinking about trying these out, have you tried any other lures? Do you have a suggestion as to where to fish on the map, like a position? I heard that the bridge is a pretty safe bet?

Thanks in advance!

-Elli
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-03 15:40:09  
Valefor.Ellise said:
Hey Shuuin,

I just got level 60 fishing last week... yes we all know that it takes forever and a year.

I was thinking about trying these out, have you tried any other lures? Do you have a suggestion as to where to fish on the map, like a position? I heard that the bridge is a pretty safe bet?

Thanks in advance!

-Elli

I just clicked on your name. I wish I hadn't.

-Beelshamen.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-03 15:41:11  
>< how come Beelshamen?
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-03 15:43:30  
Because all your jobs are at level 75. ><
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-03 15:44:28  
wow
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-03 15:46:34  
Asura.Shuuin said:
What bait are you all using? I've been going with a Lu Shang's and Robber Rig and have only gotten like 7 Trumpet Shells in an hour. Skill level is 49~ :x Just curious if I should swap to Crayfish Paste or something. Edit: Sorry for the neco-bump! Figured it'd be better than making a new topic about the same thing on the exact same page.

Valefor.Ellise said:
Hey Shuuin, I just got level 60 fishing last week... yes we all know that it takes forever and a year. I was thinking about trying these out, have you tried any other lures? Do you have a suggestion as to where to fish on the map, like a position? I heard that the bridge is a pretty safe bet? Thanks in advance! -Elli

I believe they can only be fished from the bridges... can't remember if its that or matsya that can only be done from the east ones... well I generally just head out going north from the warp past the gigas to the first bridge and drop a line. I tried the other rigs since wiki said they'd work yeah... not so well. Broke down and got a robber rig and been happy ever since.

7 in an hour seems pretty low. Are you pulling up lots of non trumpet shells? Or possibly accidentally releasing? Granted I have the gp body but I don't think I've quite hit as low as 10% of my cast being trumpet shells on average in a fishing session though I do remember once like 30 in a row not being trumpet shells lol. I'm usually around 20% though. I do it everyday so doesn't matter but if you don't have much time might want to time it by moonphase to get better bite rates, since like most of the higher profit fish bite rate isn't spectacular though better than sushi stuffs
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-03 15:50:30  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Because all your jobs are at level 75. >

Thanks! I was able to finish them last year. To bring it back on topic, I wasn't sure how people are doing with fishing in Vunkerl Inlet [S]? Trumpet Shells cap at (63) according to wiki so I was wondering if they are as frequent as noble ladys (66).

And yes... skill ups are really rare. I'm trying to hang in there though. I hope that I can place top 20 in the next Fish Ranking Contest that I can enter.

Thanks again!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-03 16:07:13  
I wouldn't call skill ups rare. From lvl 30 where I restarted fishing to lvl 100 I got 1-2 lvls a day 2-4 with ring. This being of course going to max fatigue each day pretty much only pulling up skill up fish. So really thats like .1 every 10-20 fish. Well I don't think I ever got actually as low as 1.0 lol.
Pelican ring can be hard to win. If its a normal high lvl fish chances are you will have to get lucky. I once fished over 200 squid putting the best one in for liek 30th place. On the other hand the ones that break ebisus and/or don't pop often you can probably just buy a few and win lol.

As far as skillups I think you'd be better off with silver sharks till 66 then head over to Nashmau for some awesome skilling up till like 99 I think
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-03 16:12:29  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I wouldn't call skill ups rare. From lvl 30 where I restarted fishing to lvl 100 I got 1-2 lvls a day 2-4 with ring. This being of course going to max fatigue each day pretty much only pulling up skill up fish. So really thats like .1 every 10-20 fish. Well I don't think I ever got actually as low as 1.0 lol.
Pelican ring can be hard to win. If its a normal high lvl fish chances are you will have to get lucky. I once fished over 200 squid putting the best one in for liek 30th place. On the other hand the ones that break ebisus and/or don't pop often you can probably just buy a few and win lol.

As far as skillups I think you'd be better off with silver sharks till 66 then head over to Nashmau for some awesome skilling up till like 99 I think

Thanks Dasva... yes I only try to pull up fish that I can skill up on, and try to max for the day (time allowing). So Silver Sharks with slices of bluetail on the ferry? Then fish in Nashmau, in the actual city?

Thanks again for your suggestions.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-03 16:18:46  
Valefor.Ellise said:
Thanks Dasva... yes I only try to pull up fish that I can skill up on, and try to max for the day (time allowing). So Silver Sharks with slices of bluetail on the ferry? Then fish in Nashmau, in the actual city? Thanks again for your suggestions.

You know I forget what I used to target silver sharks. I know blue tail will work while getting you those fish for the pirates chest. Also meat balls work... I think meat balls only target that and titans and sea zombie during pirate gugrusaurus when not. But really those lvl 100 fish are really really easy to tell apart. Mostly cause they fight really hard even at lvl 100 with Ebisu's lol. I think I used meat balls but I'm not sure lol.

And yes Nashmau the city. You can target 2 fish at like 66 with um shrimp lure I think that cap at 86 and 90... each one can be up to 25% bite rate so combine its pretty pimp. Not bad for quick easy npc profit either if you don't have alot of time to fish each day. Then I think it's like ptyr something I forget lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-03 16:23:43  
I will try that! Thanks again.
 Asura.Shuuin
サーバ: Asura
user: Shuuin
By Asura.Shuuin 2009-11-03 16:45:27  
First of all, thanks for all the replies. :D

Valefor.Ellise said:
Hey Shuuin,

Thanks in advance!

-Elli

I haven't tried out any other lures yet, because from what I can tell, robber rig is the best bet. I was fishing today on the bridge at I-7, and it took a while but I got 2 stacks of trumpets eventually. There's plenty of other bridges to fish on, but that's the one I picked since it was closest to where I warped out from~ ^^

Ramuh.Dasva said:
7 in an hour seems pretty low. Are you pulling up lots of non trumpet shells? Or possibly accidentally releasing?

Nah I didn't really pull up anything at all besides trumpet shells. They just didn't bite with much frequency. ;; I heard that they have better bite rate during lightning weather as well, but I'm not totally sure if there's any truth to that. Just something I'd heard. I'll have to pay attention to the weather next time.

For now, I'm going back to skilling up in Qufim with a Minnow and targeting Bluetails and Cone Calamary. I fish to fatigue, so I get about 1~2 levels a day doing that. I'm impatient so I tend to NPC what I get, especially the Bluetails since they go for a pretty penny (300g a pop if I recall). But yeah, that's just my setup for the moment. I'm gonna try getting a bit more skill before I attempt the trumpet shells again, I just thought I was doing something wrong since people were saying they got a trumpet to bite every other cast. O_o; Thanks again for all your input!

Oh yeah! You said you had an Ebisu, Dasva? Do you know if there's a noticeable difference fishing trumpets with that versus a Lu Shang's?
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-22 23:55:46  
Fishing 63 ^^!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-23 03:32:13  
Asura.Shuuin said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
7 in an hour seems pretty low. Are you pulling up lots of non trumpet shells? Or possibly accidentally releasing?
Nah I didn't really pull up anything at all besides trumpet shells. They just didn't bite with much frequency. ;; I heard that they have better bite rate during lightning weather as well, but I'm not totally sure if there's any truth to that. Just something I'd heard. I'll have to pay attention to the weather next time. For now, I'm going back to skilling up in Qufim with a Minnow and targeting Bluetails and Cone Calamary. I fish to fatigue, so I get about 1~2 levels a day doing that. I'm impatient so I tend to NPC what I get, especially the Bluetails since they go for a pretty penny (300g a pop if I recall). But yeah, that's just my setup for the moment. I'm gonna try getting a bit more skill before I attempt the trumpet shells again, I just thought I was doing something wrong since people were saying they got a trumpet to bite every other cast. O_o; Thanks again for all your input! Oh yeah! You said you had an Ebisu, Dasva? Do you know if there's a noticeable difference fishing trumpets with that versus a Lu Shang's?
I didn't fish trumpets before I got ebisus but I don't have better biterate on other stuff which makes sense since bite rate isn't controlled by rod. I've never paied attention to the weather/day but it is double lightning there alot!

Um moonphase will have a big effect as well as apron. I haven't fished without an apron in forever so can't give numbers on that but with it my trumpet shells are like 11% during middle moon and like 25 on the ends. Though given how long it takes its hard to tell. Like once I had a good 50% biterate for the first 50 or so catches. I was super stoked then didn't get another one for about 44 cast lol. It all averages out in the end though
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-12-06 01:13:06  
fishing 64... took from 11.22.09 - 12.05.09... hmm farming all of those organs for the relaxing earring and 8 obis took a while! O.o

EDIT:

12/11/09 - Fishing Lv69

12/12/09 - Fishing Lv72

12/19/09 - Fishing Lv75

12/24/09 - Fishing Lv78