フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Lowman / Endgame
Lowman / Endgame
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 17:36:28  
Pushing 135+ stuff with 6, what would be the single most important items to be reaching for? I really want to push to get stuff down as easily as possible, so I guess if I had to put my gil towards anything that will help me produce easier wins, would it be a variety of gear? (HQ Gear/Abjurations/Augments) or RMEA? Ive really pushed not making them, but I also really want to start pushing some boundaries here.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-07 17:41:44  
Skill of player > Gear imo.

See far too many people with HQ gear, and no clue how to do anything with it.

What do you have available atm in this 6man? Jobs, JP tier, and gear options?

Geo Whm bard Cor + DD and Tank can do most anything, Can change jobs based on need for Mage or Rng or Smn or Melee setups Cor is big boon as well on all fronts along with geo.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 17:48:17  
Well I manage to make my way to Gin, Timer @44%. I just was not getting the numbers down. I also feel like I probably should have laid off CDC earlier due to SC Healing. Not many people I know pushing 135+ stuff, so I typical stick to myself.

I have plenty of job options, SMN/RNG are my last two to I am working on, everything else mastered and geared. Typical I end up on BLU as it just seems to survive much better, I have better support options, and natural ACC.

EDIT:
Ill list my options.

• 1: BLU SMN PUP COR SAM WAR SCH RDM

• 2: PLD RUN WAR BLU

• 3: GEO BRD SAM

• 4: WHM SMN

• 5: RDM SMN RNG BRD

• 6: COR RNG WHM SMN

Also 6k HP sitting in mog, and my last coalition is Monday.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 17:52:17  
DirectX said: »
Nirvana
lolz
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-07 18:05:04  
With a decent build, Savage can do just as well as CDC aside from AM3 up and no SC with itself.
By fonewear 2017-10-07 18:19:29  
Go to FFXIV more people there so you don't have to do low man.
By Afania 2017-10-07 18:21:35  
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Pushing 135+ stuff with 6, what would be the single most important items to be reaching for? I really want to push to get stuff down as easily as possible, so I guess if I had to put my gil towards anything that will help me produce easier wins, would it be a variety of gear? (HQ Gear/Abjurations/Augments) or RMEA? Ive really pushed not making them, but I also really want to start pushing some boundaries here.

Certain jobs are capable of have performance matching the need of high end pt, certain jobs just can't. It also depends on the content since certain REMA makes some content much easier.

So Yeah, this is case by case basis.

If I'm listing one single most important item for high end pt, it's Idris, obviously.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 18:26:54  
Afania said: »

Certain jobs are capable of have performance matching the need of high end pt, certain jobs just can't. It also depends on the content since certain REMA makes some content much easier.

If I'm listing one single most important item for high end pt, it's Idris, obviously.

I completely agree. One of two things for sure getting done right now. Idris will be finished this month. (Waiting on Ambuscade reset) As well as a yagrush will be made.

I have Aegis on PLD (No Burt), and I started Tiz/Almace(80) Its just a matter of funding 6 accounts with random play times, and still making them as efficient as possible, with out just saying "Hey I have all Whiteboxes" I would rather everything work in unison, and I am actually able to enjoy my time. If I need to spam boring stuff I can, I just rather spend my time killing!
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 18:27:36  
fonewear said: »

I just can't, and I even have long time friends there. Just newp, also It's fun really. Takes some time getting setup, but worth it.

FFXI is a dyingdead breed.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-07 18:29:55  

I just can't, and I even have long time friends there. Just newp, also It's fun really. Takes some time getting setup, but worth it.

You'll make new friends better ones !
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 18:31:30  

You'll make new friends better ones !

Haha maybe, but this is the last game I'll ever play. After this I am done.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-07 18:32:40  
Not to be a debbie downer but if this November update isn't good...you could see a mass exodus. People are fed up.

Doing the same content over and over and very few good campaigns...not much for people that have done aeonic etc to do.
By fonewear 2017-10-07 18:41:54  

I completely agree. One of two things for sure getting done right now. Idris will be finished this month. (Waiting on Ambuscade reset) As well as a yagrush will be made.

I have Aegis on PLD (No Burt), and I started Tiz/Almace(80) Its just a matter of funding 6 accounts with random play times, and still making them as efficient as possible, with out just saying "Hey I have all Whiteboxes" I would rather everything work in unison, and I am actually able to enjoy my time. If I need to spam boring stuff I can, I just rather spend my time killing!

Go outside you might enjoy it !
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 18:42:47  
Not to be a debbie downer but if this November update isn't good...you could see a mass exodus. People are fed up.

Doing the same content over and over and very few good campaigns...not much for people that have done aeonic etc to do.

I ask myself all the time why I still play. I just can't help it. It's just still fun to me. I should quit honestly!

Idris Fault
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 18:44:40  

Go outside you might enjoy it !

Oh I do quite so, just I tend to be in doing school stuff and such I play in bweteen breaks and stuff.
By fonewear 2017-10-07 18:47:41  

I ask myself all the time why I still play. I just can't help it. It's just still fun to me. I should quit honestly!

Idris Fault

Yea I feel you on that. Instead of quitting I take long breaks hoping they will add stuff.
By Afania 2017-10-07 18:52:56  

Out of jobs that you listed:

Pld usually doesn't need Burt, but geo really need idris and brd needs honor march. Without these acc can be struggling and DD won't hit as hard.

RUN can get away with tanking in aettir if your support is good, yag is nice but not entirely necessary barring a few tougher fights in game.

War's none REMA alternative GS is basically equal to ag rag and not very hard to get, so it's my usual recommendation to those want a DD job but don't want to farm REMA.

A none REMA BLU may hit a ceiling once you try to push the pt performance up, although surviability is still great.

Melee COR is piss easy to gear compare with most melee and roll+it's dps is still pretty strong. That being said, if your group don't have REMA brd COR dps won't be very high, it's kind of job that really need a brd to DD well.

RDM rema is DD weapon, and most DD job can out perform it with less effort, so I wouldn't say it's really game changing for what they usually do in pt.

I normally don't smn/RNG things so idk how they do without REMA, maybe someone else can answer it.

tl;dr: get REMA for brd and geo.
By fonewear 2017-10-07 19:10:22  

Pld usually doesn't need Burt, but geo really need idris and brd needs honor march. Without these acc can be struggling and DD won't hit as hard.

RUN can get away with tanking in aettir if your support is good, yag is nice but not entirely necessary barring a few tougher fights in game.

War's none REMA alternative GS is basically equal to ag rag and not very hard to get, so it's my usual recommendation to those want a DD job but don't want to farm REMA.

A none REMA BLU may hit a ceiling once you try to push the pt performance up, although surviability is still great.

Melee COR is piss easy to gear compare with most melee and roll+it's dps is still pretty strong. That being said, if your group don't have REMA brd COR dps won't be very high, it's kind of job that really need a brd to DD well.

RDM rema is DD weapon, and most DD job can out perform it with less effort, so I wouldn't say it's really game changing for what they usually do in pt.

I normally don't smn/RNG things so idk how they do without REMA, maybe someone else can answer it.

I agree.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 19:39:05  

I can try and see if maybe I can find a way to pull off Aeonic Horn, I do have stage 3 Relic horn: pending Idris as I felt it was more important. I have a pretty well geared COR and close to master. I follow your gear pretty closely Afania. ^^

Id actually really enjoy COR and a DP would honestly be my choice if I had not already started Tiz. Maybe if you got some time to chat I wouldnt mind some pointers. ^^

*Also a few trials in to Empy Gun. Just can't make up my mind. Its a big investment. I want it to count.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-10-07 21:38:26  

Wait, are you talking about 6-boxing here?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-07 21:44:48  
Shiva.Arislan said: »

I think so...why you would want to try to play 6 chars is beyond me lol
By Afania 2017-10-07 22:32:32  
Id actually really enjoy COR and a DP would honestly be my choice if I had not already started Tiz. Maybe if you got some time to chat I wouldnt mind some pointers. ^^

*Also a few trials in to Empy Gun. Just can't make up my mind. Its a big investment. I want it to count.

I wouldn't recommend empy gun as first REMA to build, personally. More so if you aren't into building REMA. Despite spreadsheet and controlled parse test in less than 3 min shows that Arma is about 5% ahead of fomalhaut for shooting and using last stand with AM3 and crit set, in reality I almost always parse (much) lower with arma in real content or parse competition just because AM3 management is pita.

There are too many things going on in real content, lose buff/pull hate and run back to NM/dead/AM 3 wears off, all of these happening = Arma lose far more dps than fomalhaut. And that's usually the main difference between winning and losing a parse.

That's not to say arma is total garbage. It's still the best WF gun, and high racc/macc bullet is still pretty useful for ranged tp/light dark shot/landing debuff spells from /NIN or /RDM (for real). It's just that out of big 4 COR guns, it's probably the least useful one.

Atm I'd rate COR "big 4" from the most useful to least useful in the following order: Fomalhaut = tp bonus Magian > dp > empy.

For everyday use, sapara +1 combo/tp bonus magian is incredibly strong and super cheap. On some recent Kirin/tree/maju/Neak/worm that I did, it avg anywhere from 27k to 32k on parse, which I believe it's on the high end among most DDs, minus MS WAR or THF or something.

If I were you, I'd just do sapara +1 combo/tp bonus magian first and save gil for idris, do aeonic for free fomalhaut. Then dp if you're into big gil investments then empy if you decide to follow the life of a pirate :p
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 22:48:38  

Yes, and no. At time I can or will, but I also have some friends that play. I just want to maximize the amount of things I do.

*also timing isnt always best with schedules.
By fonewear 2017-10-07 22:50:08  

Yes, and no. At time I can or will, but I also have some friends that. I just want to maximize the amount of things I do.

Wait a minute you have friends... why the hell do you need to low man then ?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 22:54:50  

I wouldn't recommend empy gun as first REMA to build, personally. More so if you aren't into building REMA. Despite spreadsheet and controlled parse test in less than 3 min shows that Arma is about 5% ahead of fomalhaut for shooting and using last stand with AM3 and crit set, in reality I almost always parse (much) lower with arma in real content or parse competition just because AM3 management is pita.

There are too many things going on in real content, lose buff/pull hate and run back to NM/dead/AM 3 wears off, all of these happening = Arma lose far more dps than fomalhaut. And that's usually the main difference between winning and losing a parse.

That's not to say arma is total garbage. It's still the best WF gun, and high racc/macc bullet is still pretty useful for ranged tp/light dark shot/landing debuff spells from /NIN or /RDM (for real). It's just that out of big 4 COR guns, it's probably the least useful one.

Atm I'd rate COR "big 4" from the most useful to least useful in the following order: Fomalhaut = tp bonus Magian > dp > empy.

For everyday use, sapara +1 combo/tp bonus magian is incredibly strong and super cheap. On some recent Kirin/tree/maju/Neak/worm that I did, it avg anywhere from 27k to 32k on parse, which I believe it's on the high end among most DDs, minus MS WAR or THF or something.

If I were you, I'd just do sapara +1 combo/tp bonus magian first and save gil for idris, do aeonic for free fomalhaut. Then dp if you're into big gil investments then empy if you decide to follow the life of a pirate :p

Cool, I can look in to the TP gun. I actually made 2 sapara +1 the day they came out. Right now best I have is a Doomsday with perf RACC/RATT/QA/Haste.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-07 22:55:46  

Yes, and no. At time I can or will, but I also have some friends that. I just want to maximize the amount of things I do.

Not enough to make more than an alliance! haha. Also It's much easier than 6 boxing, so I usually fill the spots of mules.
[+]
By anik 2017-10-08 01:18:34  

Not enough to make more than an alliance! haha. Also It's much easier than 6 boxing, so I usually fill the spots of mules.
You are the perfect candidate for LS leader. All you need are a few extra people who know end game but hate sharing with 18 people and losing lots. If you can manage to share with others who join you in a static crew then all your dreams can come true. It doesn't hurt to take a few extra people along for the ride.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Spoiled
サーバ: Odin
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2017-10-08 02:03:28  
Step one: Get off of Lakshmi.

miss u
 Lakshmi.Elidyr